Poll #7 What extinct attraction do you believe should not have been destroyed?

What ride or attraction at WDW do you believe should not have been taken out?

• Horizons

Votes: 52 16.0%
  • Captain EO

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • The Original JII

Votes: 74 22.8%
  • World of Motion

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Mission to Mars

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Votes: 73 22.5%
  • Dream Flight

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Alien Encounter

Votes: 53 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 22 6.8%
  • Every "Extinct" Attraction

Votes: 21 6.5%

• Total voters

My vote went for Captain Eo, although I also miss Dreamflight, the original JII and *cough* Alien Encounter...

dandaman

I was just young enough to remember World of Motion. For my first few trips to Disney, that was my all-time favourite attraction in the World.

dave2822

With the exception of AE (which I'm surprised with all the anti-Stitch feelings hasn't gotten more votes) all of these attractions ran their course.

Mr. Toad did fine, but Pooh is more popular, yes merchandising also is a factor, but Pooh fits in much more with Fantasyland than Toad did. Most of these attractions have some sentimental meaning moreso than they were great attractions, so I can safely say I'd vote for "none of the above."

There is a main reason all of these attractions (with again, perhaps exception of AE) are gone. The majority of the attractions replacing them are much more popular. It's like bringing a dinosaur back: it may seem like a good idea at the time, but soon enough you realize why it's good they don't exist anymore.

dxwwf3

dave2822 said:
With the exception of AE (which I'm surprised with all the anti-Stitch feelings hasn't gotten more votes) all of these attractions ran their course.

Well I guess the reason it doesn't have more votes is because it isn't a typical Disney attraction and it was sort of a love it or hate it show. I'm actually surprised that it has as many votes as it has because this message board is really filled with alot of Stitch fans and fans of the "lighter" side of Disney.

And while I don't think that EVERY attraction listed here ran their course, I definately believe that AE seemed as new and fresh in 2003 as it did in 1995. That was probably one of the reasons it was so popular among alot of WDW fans, though maybe not as popular with non fans.

Mountaineer

dave2822 said:
There is a main reason all of these attractions (with again, perhaps exception of AE) are gone. The majority of the attractions replacing them are much more popular. It's like bringing a dinosaur back: it may seem like a good idea at the time, but soon enough you realize why it's good they don't exist anymore.

I would agree with that statement. Even though most people on here don't like it, Stich isn't so bad then because I still see lines/crowds there. There is literally NO ONE waiting to go into the new JII, even just to escape the heat People would rather just sit there and bake in the sun than go into that attraction. The original JII had mediocre crowds near the end of life, but the replacements have been exceedingly worse.

With the exception of JII (and 20,000 Leagues whose replacement isn't even going to be a real attraction), every rides' replacement on that list has been more popular than the ride that replaced them when they were near the end of their life.

a2grafix

MartyMouse said:
Free??? Is he locked up or something? I remember him and (even though I was very young) I thought he was cool. :(

Yeah, well, I wish he was back. Those late 1970s and early 1980s at Tomorrowland Terrace were cool. I just remember walking in across the plaza in Tomorrowland away from the Grand Prix Reaceway (as it was known then) heading toward Fantasyland at the Mad Tea arty, or vice-versa.

The first time I laid eyes on Iceberg was when me and my family went to get some food at that old Tomrrowland Terrace. I heard this noise and I did not know it was just one madman on the synthesizers. It was awesome.

Another attraction/show I surely miss.

Check out his Web site (I did not know he had one, well, everyone has one nowadays, lol). ...

http://www.michaeliceberg.com/indexhome.html

bhg469

Moustronaut said:
What? No 20,000 Leagues?

That gets my vote. I loved Horizons just as much as anyone but I can understand why it was removed (no I don't want to get into the debate about how Epcot should be the constantly evolving park...) but 20,000 Leagues was the perfect attraction in the perfect locations to bridge the pure futuristic scifi of tomorrowland with the pure make believe of fantasy land. It was the great blend of real world scifi fantasy!

same here, you cant start a thread like this an not include 20, but yeah i say horizons too but i do like mission space too, just wish it went somehere else.

I went with World of Motion. I thought it was much more entertaining than Test Track. Never got the chance to ride Horizons (and yes that does eat me), Toad was great, and the ORIGINAL Journey was good (just wish they would reopen the upstairs again). But overall I went with Motion simply because there was so much to see that you could still see something new even after many many times of riding it. Test Track.. well.. after your 2nd or 3rd run.. been there done that feeling hits. Don't get me wrong it's still an ok ride but doesn't hold a candle in quality and Disneyana that Motion did.

bigwoowoo248

Alien Encounter hands down. I know the ride was a little terrifying for children, but AE was one of the only scary-thrilling rides they had. Now! Instead of blood dripping down on your face and hearing the sound of people getting devoured, you here stitch eating a hotdog then burping. Disney took an excellent ride and slaughtered it.:mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom