Police Presence at Epcot Resort Area

Jon81uk

True. However they don’t post it anywhere which creates a gray area. Property owners are certainly able to prohibit weapons, but they’re supposed to post that in a prominent place near entrances so that guests are aware. If Disney does this I’ve never seen it.

Its the fourth paragraph on the park rules https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/park-rules/

Pretty certain there is signage at park entrances and on ticket media that entry is conditional on you adhering to those rules.

There is signage near the security check-points too
10581520_10153968293428072_1045033213_n.jpg

Lilofan

True. However they don’t post it anywhere which creates a gray area. Property owners are certainly able to prohibit weapons, but they’re supposed to post that in a prominent place near entrances so that guests are aware. If Disney does this I’ve never seen it.
In resorts I believe at the security gate there are signs.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Friend of mine a while ago was carrying a camera tripod. Mouse police came down on him with reports received of carrying a rifle.
A local news reporter was shot two years ago for pulling a tripod out of an SUV...

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Truth is...its good to have this kind of response to a threat in WDW. AND, very glad it turned out like it did.
The problem... not every response like this ends happily...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

InnKpr

Truth is...its good to have this kind of response to a threat in WDW. AND, very glad it turned out like it did.
True. Though I'm still confused as to what triggered this response for this guest, and not all the hundreds of other daily lightsaber weilders coming from SW:GE.

Was he having a meltdown? Making jokes/threats in jest that were in bad taste?

Josh Hendy

Did I miss a post on this thread? I see references to light sabers but I didn't see a description of what actually (supposedly) happened.

InnKpr

I see references to light sabers but I didn't see a description of what actually (supposedly) happened.
Yeah this whole thing is o_Oo_O.

I'm guessing he either did or said something he shouldn't have, whether as a joke or in anger, which caught the attention of another guest or CM.
Or his souvenir happened to catch a glance from a "Karen" that day, and authorities were phoned-in outta unwarranted paranoia.

Either way, this remains an odd mystery for now.

WeWantsTheRedHead

In Disneyworld which is an environment that could be a terrorist target by a gunman, where there are a lot of out-of-state and international visitors, there is no need for anyone to carry a gun unless they are law enforcement no matter if they have a permit or not. It sounds like exactly the right thing was done in this case.
That's just not realistic, here in Florida we carry everywhere except inside the theme parks (WDW, Universal, Sea World) or other secured areas such as MCO and the Orange County Courthouse. Every day, people carry in Disney Springs, all of the hotels, monorails, etc. It's still a state with a lot of home-grown and transient criminals and residents do have a right to protect themselves.

Lilofan

That's just not realistic, here in Florida we carry everywhere except inside the theme parks (WDW, Universal, Sea World) or other secured areas such as MCO and the Orange County Courthouse. Every day, people carry in Disney Springs, all of the hotels, monorails, etc. It's still a state with a lot of home-grown and transient criminals and residents do have a right to protect themselves.
If one gets into a confrontation with a local, it could end in a bad light.

JoeCamel

If one gets into a confrontation with a local, it could end in a bad light.

Florida Man......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom