PM EMH wristband or key card

M2DD's

Original Poster
What are they doing now. Did they do away with the wrist band for good? Its been so long since we have done PM EMH's

Cmdr_Crimson

When the EMH Starts they ask if your a Resort guest before getting on the rides. You then show them your Key to the world card (your hotel key) and you can continue going on rides.

WDWRLD

That seems like a pain in the .....arm. Plus looks to me like it really increases your chance of dropping or misplacing your KTTW card. I could see putting it in one of those card carring things around the neck but when im on vacation I dont want to feel like im on lunchbreak at the office.

DisneyPrincess5

That seems like a pain in the .....arm. Plus looks to me like it really increases your chance of dropping or misplacing your KTTW card. I could see putting it in one of those card carring things around the neck but when im on vacation I dont want to feel like im on lunchbreak at the office.

:lol:
I agree. It is a pain to take it out and in and over and over, plus the risk of losing it is stressful, but having a lanyard is also a pain.
Regardless, I think we'll have to do that next time around.

WDWRLD

:lol:
I agree. It is a pain to take it out and in and over and over, plus the risk of losing it is stressful, but having a lanyard is also a pain.
Regardless, I think we'll have to do that next time around.

I really dont see where this is better than the wristbands. At least the wristbands were usually so tight you couldnt hand them off. The way it is now if you are there with people that arent resort guests you ride then hand your keys off to the non resort guests to ride.

Dwarful

Yeah, we are going with 8 in our group this summer. I am not looking forward to this! I can't stand having things around my neck...jewelry, lanyards, etc., I'd much rather have the wristbands. We never waited more than a minute or two to get them. Never had any trouble using them. But I guess we will have to adjust.

DizneyPryncess

I heard that Disney did this as part of "going green"? Anyone else heard that? I read that it's better if they just check key cards instead of issuing bracelets everyday. I don't know if that's true, I believe I read it on these boards somewhere. :shrug:

brent2124

I heard that Disney did this as part of "going green"? Anyone else heard that? I read that it's better if they just check key cards instead of issuing bracelets everyday. I don't know if that's true, I believe I read it on these boards somewhere. :shrug:
That is an excuse they can use instead of saying cutting costs. But it is a green effort.

marsrunner

If thats the case, Just have a bin at the exit and ask everyone to remove them for recycling....
But if they are easily removable then it kinda defeats the purpose of having them. They don't want you to hand them off to other people. People might be more hesitant about handing off KTTW cards.

Of course they could just set up machines at the exits that remove them, much like they have to insert those giant plastic cases that games come in at Best Buy when you check out. Yeah, that'd be convenient.

The whole thing is just a pain in the butt. When we were there in January we were never checked at DHS anyway.

WDWRLD

But if they are easily removable then it kinda defeats the purpose of having them. They don't want you to hand them off to other people. People might be more hesitant about handing off KTTW cards.

Of course they could just set up machines at the exits that remove them, much like they have to insert those giant plastic cases that games come in at Best Buy when you check out. Yeah, that'd be convenient.

The whole thing is just a pain in the butt. When we were there in January we were never checked at DHS anyway.

The ones that they have used in the past arent that hard to get off. One good tug at the bus stop and that usually pop right off.

Mikester71

As others said on here, they just take a quick glance at your room card before you get into the line. That is what they were doing last week when we were there anyways.

DisneyPrincess5

I really dont see where this is better than the wristbands. At least the wristbands were usually so tight you couldnt hand them off. The way it is now if you are there with people that arent resort guests you ride then hand your keys off to the non resort guests to ride.

I agree...the wristbands are easier but I guess they're trying to save money and "go green"??

Jessie&Buzz

We haven't been since they started this. I'm worried about my kids loosing their KTTW cards. If they are with their dad and me will they have to show their cards too? I can't see why they would. It's not like they wouldn't be staying in the same room as us.

DisneyPrincess5

We haven't been since they started this. I'm worried about my kids loosing their KTTW cards. If they are with their dad and me will they have to show their cards too? I can't see why they would. It's not like they wouldn't be staying in the same room as us.

Believe it or not, I think they do need to show it.
I know a family that just went and both kids got a lanyard with their key in it and their key had their name.
I'm assuming it is because you have to show them at EMH, otherwise, I don't know why an 8 and 5 year old would have a room key, but I could be wrong :shrug:

Jessie&Buzz

My kids had room keys the last time we went (they were almost 9 and 4). I was just hoping that they wouldn't have to show them. I'm so afraid they will loose them. I guess if that happens we just stop at the resort desk and get new ones?

WDWNooby

Believe it or not, I think they do need to show it.
I know a family that just went and both kids got a lanyard with their key in it and their key had their name.
I'm assuming it is because you have to show them at EMH, otherwise, I don't know why an 8 and 5 year old would have a room key, but I could be wrong :shrug:

I personally think the key card is a good idea (I might change my mind after my trip). Could you not purchase a fast pass holder with a badge reel on it? Clip the badge reel to your pocket and put the key card in your pocket...the badge reel will help keep it attached if you don't want to wear a lanyard.

For me, this will be moot point because we'll be wearing lanyards for pin trading anyway. I bought the fastpass/key card holder to connect to the lanyard to make it easier for showing our key card.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ again, put them in lanyards around their necks (or tied to a wrist or waist belt) - easier to show and safer than pulling them out and putting them away. By the time you get them replaced if lost EMH will be over for that day/night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom