PM EMH wristband or key card

Tiggerfanatic

Believe it or not, I think they do need to show it.
I know a family that just went and both kids got a lanyard with their key in it and their key had their name.
I'm assuming it is because you have to show them at EMH, otherwise, I don't know why an 8 and 5 year old would have a room key, but I could be wrong :shrug:

Because their park admission is encoded on the room key.

raven

I agree...the wristbands are easier but I guess they're trying to save money and "go green"??

Yep. No more costs of making them, printing them and scheduling extra people to distribute them. That's actually saved a lot of money with that simple idea since everyone attending EMH has a room keycard anyway. But since they din't check the dates on the card I guess anyone with an old card can attend. :lol: There are still several cases of the old wristbands in the tunnel at Epcot.

polynesiangirl

Yeah, they weren't doing wristbands last time we were there (Nov-Dec). All in all I think I'd be happier with the wristbands -- I totally agree with what others said about it making it more likely that you'll lose your room key. I suppose it *is* true that it makes less trash, but...

Regardless, I think my #1 complaint with EMH has nothing to do with Disney and everything to do with the jerks who pretend they had NO IDEA that you have to be a resort guest to go on the rides during EMH, and then proceed to make a big huge scene at the CM (like it's the CM's fault, ugh) when they get to the front of the line and are told they can't go on. :mad:

Sorry, that last part was somewhat off topic. Don't mind me -- I guess I just needed to vent! :lol:

Kobe!!

Careful to watch out for those CM's that tend to take the card and read EVERY little detail! Cough Epcot Cough. I thought maybe one of them was going to show up at my room at night and wanna hangout or something. :ROFLOL:

goodtimes5286

That is an excuse they can use instead of saying cutting costs. But it is a green effort.

lol that's every green effort. We just had 2 green speakers come into our hospitality capstone class and talk to us about making hotels green and they said people didnt want to invest in it, even though they wouldnt get gonverment lodging, until they found out that in the long run, they would save more money. THEN everyone cared about the enviroment and used it as an advertising ploy :lol:

maybe disney is going to try to go for a palm certification? we have a two palm down here (the breakers) thats going for there 3rd palm.

Tink313

Careful to watch out for those CM's that tend to take the card and read EVERY little detail! Cough Epcot Cough. I thought maybe one of them was going to show up at my room at night and wanna hangout or something. :ROFLOL:

Stalker :lol: The Cm probably went to your hotel and looked up you address and phone #:lookaroun beware of the soarin' Cm outside your window with a boombox (playing Epcot music) :lol:

be careful the CM has fastpasses in his hand :ROFLOL:

Mikester71

My kids had room keys the last time we went (they were almost 9 and 4). I was just hoping that they wouldn't have to show them. I'm so afraid they will loose them. I guess if that happens we just stop at the resort desk and get new ones?

We just got back a few days ago and my kids did have to show theirs when we went to ride the rides during EMH. My wife just carried all of ours in her camera bag and would just whip them out and pass them to us when needed and then put them back immediately so that we wouldn't misplace or lose them. Seemed to work great for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom