Pleasure Island No Country Music

Astro_Digital

Original Poster
What happened I thought they had a club devoted to Country Music?

I have not been to Pleasure Island in years because it's music is devote to people under 30. Last 2006 New Years I said ok lets go to the New Year's Eve Party what a mistake. The whole evenings entertainment only gave me a headache.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Sign of the times. A- A country bar holds the "redneck" connotation, something which I'm sure Disney doesn't want (odd, cause I've had a good night or two at Cowboys), and B- A top 40 bar apparently makes more money than a country bar.

I'm sorry that the world has changed around you... it happens to all of us.

MouseMadness

Be prepared to feel the wrath of the country music haters who don't care the country music is gone! :lol:

I love country music too, and really don't care for PI myself. The comedy club and Adventurer's Club are fun, but they get old to me, and I can pay too much for a drink anywhere, thanks. *shrug*

Keep an eye out for performers at the House of Blues. :) We caught Travis Tritt there and had a BLAST. I even got a guitar pick he tossed into the crowd. :eek: :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Be prepared to feel the wrath of the country music haters who don't care the country music is gone! :lol:

I love country music too, and really don't care for PI myself. The comedy club and Adventurer's Club are fun, but they get old to me, and I can pay too much for a drink anywhere, thanks. *shrug*

Keep an eye out for performers at the House of Blues. :) We caught Travis Tritt there and had a BLAST. I even got a guitar pick he tossed into the crowd. :eek: :lol:

Well, I toss a guitar pick to a nine till a half past one
I'm just tryin' to make a livin' watchin' everybody else havin' fun
Well, I don't miss much if it happens on a dance hall floor
Mercy, look what just walked through that door

Well, hello M-I-L-F to meee
Tell me what in the world
You doin' with a kid that's F-I-V-E
Yeah, say hey, good L double O-K-I-N-G
Well, I smell M-I-L-F to meee.
Yeah

She had a little, bitty baby and her diaper had the skids
Mama had a time tryin' to raise four kids
She told her not to stare cause it was impolite
She did the best she could to try to raise her right
Cause mama never told me 'bout nothin' like Y-O-U
Bet your mama musta been another good lookin' honey, too

Yeah
Hey, good L double O-K-I-N-G
Well, I smell M-I-L-F to me :)

Yeah
Yeah

Well, you're a sweet talkin', sexy walkin', honky tonkin' Christy
The Dads are gonna love ya and the kids are gonna hate ya
Remindin' them to play nice and share with thee
May be the beginning of a world war three
Cause the world ain't ready for nothing like Y-O-U
I bet your mama musta been another good lookin' mama, too

Hey, say hey, good L double O-K-I-N-G
Well, I smell M-I-L-F to me.

I said hey
I said hey
I said hey
I said hey
I said hey (Hey)

Oh, I smell M-I-L-F to me.
Yeah

Whoo

:wave:

The BET Soundstage used to be a country music "club" (not sure when they changed it, but I am thinking it was at least 5 years ago)...I guess it was more "PC" for Disney to have one more "gangsta" club and one less "redneck" club...

DisneyDragon

Didn't take long before we got our proof that the Neon Armadillo's extinction wasn't a bad thing...

I enjoy most genres of music, and will admit that some C&W is okay, but it ranks up there with 'boom-chikky-boom' music after 30 minutes. And by that I mean enjoyment factor. I used to spin at...let's just say events...and anything that's hardcore dance is really tough to listen to if you aren't dancing. It's almost pointless, really. D&B isn't too bad when you're driving, but again involves motion.

C&W - just listening to that drone on if you aren't line dancing...argh...

m-i-l-f...tsk tsk tsk...

MouseMadness

Didn't take long before we got our proof that the Neon Armadillo's extinction wasn't a bad thing...

I enjoy most genres of music, and will admit that some C&W is okay, but it ranks up there with 'boom-chikky-boom' music after 30 minutes. And by that I mean enjoyment factor. I used to spin at...let's just say events...and anything that's hardcore dance is really tough to listen to if you aren't dancing. It's almost pointless, really. D&B isn't too bad when you're driving, but again involves motion.

C&W - just listening to that drone on if you aren't line dancing...argh...

m-i-l-f...tsk tsk tsk...

Okay, I honestly have no idea what you just said :lookaroun

slappy magoo

Sign of the times. A- A country bar holds the "redneck" connotation, something which I'm sure Disney doesn't want (odd, cause I've had a good night or two at Cowboys), and B- A top 40 bar apparently makes more money than a country bar.

Probaby more "B" than "A." First time I went to WDW as an adult was in the mid-90s before The New Swing stole of The New Country's Thunder. PI was having country-line-dancing lessons in the "street" with instructors oin the main stage before whatever country-western singer was about to start performing. The place was a sea of cowboy hats & boots. My then-wife and I looked really out of place. So for the Neon Armadillo to change over to the BET Soundstage (racial connotations aside, modern R&B is about as far removed from modern country as you can get), I'd have to say the bottom fell out of country music. At least it fell out enough so for there to be little need for a country-themed nightclub in PI. And I'm not dissing anyone who likes country music, I'm not putting down any genre of music, I'm just saying that if PI decided to close down a CW bar, it's only because they did market research up the ying-yang and decided that PI would bring in more people with a R&B-based club, and the Neon Armadillo was the most expendable at the time. Country-lovers would probably go over to the Rock & Roll Beach Club (or whatever the rock-based club is called) more than rock and roll fans would give country a shot.

MouseMadness

How people who don't listen to country music picture country music:

square_dance_postcard.jpg

:lookaroun

And furthermore, what exactly is wrong with being a redneck? :lookaroun

palmage

Well, I toss a guitar pick to a nine till a half past one
I'm just tryin' to make a livin' watchin' everybody else havin' fun
Well, I don't miss much if it happens on a dance hall floor
Mercy, look what just walked through that door

Well, hello M-I-L-F to meee
Tell me what in the world
You doin' with a kid that's F-I-V-E
Yeah, say hey, good L double O-K-I-N-G
Well, I smell M-I-L-F to meee.
Yeah

She had a little, bitty baby and her diaper had the skids
Mama had a time tryin' to raise four kids
She told her not to stare cause it was impolite
She did the best she could to try to raise her right
Cause mama never told me 'bout nothin' like Y-O-U
Bet your mama musta been another good lookin' honey, too

Yeah
Hey, good L double O-K-I-N-G
Well, I smell M-I-L-F to me :)

Yeah
Yeah

Well, you're a sweet talkin', sexy walkin', honky tonkin' Christy
The Dads are gonna love ya and the kids are gonna hate ya
Remindin' them to play nice and share with thee
May be the beginning of a world war three
Cause the world ain't ready for nothing like Y-O-U
I bet your mama musta been another good lookin' mama, too

Hey, say hey, good L double O-K-I-N-G
Well, I smell M-I-L-F to me.

I said hey
I said hey
I said hey
I said hey
I said hey (Hey)

Oh, I smell M-I-L-F to me.
Yeah

Whoo

:wave:

What in tarnation was that???:hammer:

By the way, I married a MILF cuz I can afford one.:D
They're not easy to maintain.

Epcot82Guy

Actually, country music is enjoying almost more popularity now than it did in the early 90's (the first big boom). It is highly profitable and doesn't carry some of the ridiculous costs artists in other industries carry. Now, I do not think the ORLANDO market would support an actual Country bar, but I think Disney might. The issue is that most people see Country bars as something very different than what they are. They really tend to be small, live music venues with low key decor, cheap beer, and people just hanging out, singin' along. I actually think studding PI with smaller venues like this would be a much better idea. They fill up faster (so look more exciting), and you can pack more of them in and appeal to broader groups without having to pack in that many people. I personally would love to see PI put up a good BBQ/Rib shack with live music as a joint restaurant/bar venture. Would do quite well, IMHO.

And, I'm a Nashville transplant, so I've seen it from both sides. But, to say the connotation of country is poor nationwide is simply not true. It actually is pretty darn popular. Every music group has its naysayers, but hip hop and teeny pop gets just as many stereotypes as does country.

EchoOfOphelia

I would welcome the country bar back to Pleasure Island. Right now, there are WAY too many "hip-hop" clubs, for lack of a better word. Rock N' Roll Beach Club is okay, but there's never anybody there and believe me, you don't want to see me dancing, a crowd obscures my embarrassement. :)

Epcotrob

It might be just me but I would think for PI to be appealing to everyone they should have a club for everyone. Now I listen to most everything from classical to death metal. I think I have been to PI twice. The best time I had there was at The Wildhorse (I think thats what it was called) We had a great dinner and I actully enjoyed the place and the music they were playing. So when did they turned it into Motions. The second time I went I stayed for about an hour. It was so boring.

This is my opinion BUT....I truly think PI is there for the younger crowd. You know the age who thinks that just because they are old enough to buy drinks they do. I know plenty of younger adults and some of them just live to get drunk and party.

Personally I would like to see one of the clubs open during the day for the people at Downtown and the Westside. They could play Disney music and Kid friendly tunes. then close it at like 4 and get it ready for the night crowd.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
How people who don't listen to country music picture country music:

square_dance_postcard.jpg

And furthermore, what exactly is wrong with being a redneck? :lookaroun

When I think of country music, I think of these things

white-trash-port-big.jpg

david_spade2.jpg

1confederate_1734_4983424.jpg

calvarylogo.gif

r67024_185446.jpg

pbr_bull.jpg

dv-pabst.jpg

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I have to say... I do agree with MKTs vision. :lol: :sohappy: :sohappy:

*runs away from the backwoods, snake handling, confederate loving rednecks*

:p ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom