Please delete.

WishIWasRetired

I don’t know how happy they’re going to be if people with a resort stay aren’t able to get Genie+ for the days they want - or feel they have to buy them at midnight to guarantee they get them.

I don’t know how Disney can fix the problems people have with Genie+ - I suspect they can’t - but making resort guests buy them by the day isn’t going to do it. If anything, it’s just going to increase the aggravation factor, which is already too high.
So you have to stay up past midnight and get up before 7 on your vacation, sounds delightful.

The Mom

Premium Member
Please stay on topic. Thank you. And remember -

3. Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilised and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They are so worried about cutting in their precious VIP sales that they won't go to implementing the simplest system. Have Express Pass but limit sales and only be able to ride things once.
I think part of that is they don’t have the cutting/higher end stuff to justify a high upfront cost.

Remember they had space Mountain as “pay” ride when they rolled it out 😳

SteveAZee

LOL, well I suppose they could charge for G+ on a sliding scale.... if on a particular day if G+ sales are slow, the price stays low. If instead they begin to sell quickly, the price keeps going up until it's extremely painful for some (eventually many) to make the purchase. It becomes self limiting, keeps the G+ buyers relatively capped (and frees up standby to move quicker) and for those with money can sleep in.

Oddysey

Us.
But you have to read the rest of my post.

Americana culture is undergoing a major shift. = big feelings

It has been an American rite of passage to visit WDW. Disney World = Americana.

We - not you personally, not me personally - Americans/others collectively - want to direct those big feelings somewhere, so we choose easy targets. Getting mad at WDW is much easier than fixing big issues.

Both ends of the political spectrum, and many in the middle, have now taken aim at WDW.

Look at all the Americana as represented in American Adventure that is now being questioned, lots!, even the two narrators Mark Twain and Franklin!

The disenchantment directed towards WDW is more than just rising prices.

Yet many also crave a return to normalcy. We -again society- fear change. We also aren't ready to let go of all our heros.

You bring up some interesting points in this post and your previous post. There was a time where America had an identifiable culture and Disney definitely played a big part in preserving and even cultivating said culture for many years.

In all honesty, I am not sure America has a clearly defined or shared culture anymore. Honest question, what is Americana in 2022?

rreading

But people should try to spend a day or two at Universal during vacation. It's spectacular. You can stay at Hard Rock and get that express pass for everything.
We tried it. Started at Uni then moved to WDW to finish our trip.

I had never been happier to set foot on WDW property than that. Just relaxing at the resort simply felt sublime. I wouldn’t have needed to attend a park to enjoy myself more than I did at Universal (though Hagrids and Velocicoaster were great and Toothsome was yummy, the experience is more than just the sum of its parts).

I do really still appreciate this forum (which is why I’m a sponsor) though I do miss some of the old insiders

rreading

I’d disagree. Overall, on this and on other sites, on social media platforms, word of mouth, talking to friends both in and outside the industry, this is a bigger and a different feel than the Save Disney era. There is a slow, underlying disenchantment with the company and in particular WDW across the board. Call it murmurs, an overall vibe or a generalised feel for the wider status quo but I’ve not seen it like this before. And I’ve been around quite a while. I’m not saying others mileage won’t vary - of course it will. But I sense an overall vibe - again not just here but in general - of declining satisfaction, without taking my own personal feelings into account. And it’s a shame.

One more note. Paid fastpass hasn’t gone down as well in Anaheim as was planned.
Agreed. I’m usually a pretty solid pixie-duster and I’m really disenfranchised. I don’t know anything of what’s going on internally but I expect they’re getting the message

That being said- this situation makes me optimistic that they’re going to work to improve things. Everyone’s impression is that Chapek sucks. I would expect that unless he really is just a hatchet man until the next CEO that he doesn’t want to be remembered as such a loser

GustoGummi

Speaking for myself and ONLY myself, I think the events of the
past few months has left a nasty taste in my mouth…I’m not trying to pick sides, both have positive and negative points, but it just doesn’t seem fun anymore. I try to post and pick my spots, but even now, I feel like I have to weigh everything I say so as not to offend anyone or the mods. It’s not the same place here as it was a year ago☹️

They should have kept the political page and kept steering all that pertinent thought there instead of deleting posts. Unfortunately, current events in the Orlando parks are 100% intertwined with politics.

I look forward to a return to the “not so old days”, but part of me says it ain’t gonna happen.
It's the deleting/editing posts that makes me stop posting. If you have a dissenting opinion 9 times out of ten it gets removed. I get removing inappropriate content, but who decides what is and isn't appropriate seems to be a bit biased.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's the deleting/editing posts that makes me stop posting. If you have a dissenting opinion 9 times out of ten it gets removed. I get removing inappropriate content, but who decides what is and isn't appropriate seems to be a bit biased.
It’s not universal…but it tends to depend on how reasonable/intelligent the descent is…

I get edited…i descent…most of the appropriate stuff isn’t touched

When I deserve 2 minutes in the sin bin…I get it.

There is not too many viable cases to be made on the mods being draconian here

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom