Planet Hollywood unveils redesign for Disney Springs

nbar

Finally! Every time I walk by PH I ask myself why there isn't a light in place. It has been open almost a year!

halltd

How the heck did you even notice that? Or is there a crane just off the edge of the image?
I think it's been up there a while. I noticed it when the electrical cable that was just dangling loose from the top of the steel disappeared (because it was finally hooked up to a fixture). It's not really noticeable from the ground. Still looks unfinished to me.

KBLovesDisney

So, they added a light...on a tower...to what exactly? Project "Eat at Joe's" on the Planet Hollywood building?

carnini

thanks for the link, wondering about about the quick service. Might be there at the end of the year and would rather do a quick service type of thing

MrPromey

is anyone asking for this?

There is certainly a demand for more quick-service options on Disney Springs as anyone hitting up that area in the evening can attest...

Now as for Planet Hollywood being the purveyor of such offerings I'll just quote a rat from a WDW attraction: "They're tourists. What do they know?!"

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Wait! What's going on with this place now??

I hear they are going to totally re-theme the place into this weird star-globe building with a UFO-looking thing sticking out of it. The backstory for it: Eccentric Group of Movie Stars purchase an old observatory and make it into a tacky restaurant filled with old movie props.

Here is the concept art:

1523561170065.png

KBLovesDisney

Wait. What does this mean exactly? I'm kind of confused.
"Although Planet Hollywood has yet to make a formal announcement, plans were filed late February 2018 for an "Interior alteration for a new restaurant within an existing restaurant."

Is this going to be another bar?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom