PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

HauntedMansionFLA

From Bioreconstruct

5h5 hours ago
bioreconstruct ‏@bioreconstruct
Second floor of PizzeRizzo has a ballroom with a spinning disco ball, changing lights.

5h5 hours ago
Much of the 2nd floor of PizzeRizzo is like the first floor.

5h5 hours ago
Some of the Muppets comedy on the wall at PizzeRizzo.

5h5 hours ago
Where to find PizzeRizzo

5h5 hours ago
View over the construction fence from 2nd floor of PizzeRizzo.

5h5 hours ago
Pepperoni pizza and Tiramisu at PizzeRizzo.

6h6 hours ago
PizzeRizzo is in soft opening today in the DHS Muppets Courtyard.

Disneyhead'71

I think the theming is 10x better then what the cardboard cutout's from the dollar-stores previous version was. Being from NY, I think this is one of the best iterations of a NY pizzeria I've seen. I do think it's light on Muppets, but as @Next Big Thing stated, comparing this to Leaky Cauldron is almost impossible, or really anything in Hogsmede or Diagon Alley, Universal literally just had to copy it from the movie and replicate it. Plus, for anyone, what does a Rizzo themed restaurant look like?
Just FYI, The Three Broomsticks and The Hogshead Pub at IOA were designed first and their movie counterparts copied the park.

Goofyernmost

Well the pictures seem to be identical.
The only pictures I have seen are the drawings on the menu's or even if they are pictures... a picture of a pizza is a picture of a pizza, is a picture of a pizza. I doubt that they hired a photographer to photograph the actual ones. The negativeness of the folks concerning the quality of the pizza is ridiculous anyway. I thought they were alright, not the best I ever had, but, tastes for stuff like that are all relative. You cannot hit the exact buttons for every individual that goes to a theme park.

Now if I go to an authentic, famous pizza place in NYC and the pizza is awful then I have a reason to be concerned. If I'm in a theme park and looking for a quality meal I will not be stopping by a counter service place that sells pizza and meatball subs. Especially one that is themed to be run by a rat. Overrated expectations!

EDIT: I just noticed the actual picture. Looks pretty good to me. What's missing?

lentesta

Premium Member
Agreed, we went into this conversation withe Skipper Canteen, another missed opportunity. The side rooms at Skipper Canteen are themed. The mess hall is largely decorated. This appears to be both, but it definitely doesn't scream Muppets to me. More importantly, they didn't change the food from what I'm guessing was among the lowest rated quick service on property. Perhaps @lentesta can comment on Pizza Planet's ratings.

76% approval, with readers giving the average Disney restaurant 86-88. We would tell people to avoid it.

Skipper Canteen is 81%.

STK is at 68%. That's Cap'n Jack's territory. Doomed.

WDWbuff2001

The map shows the exact layout of Muppets Courtyard.. where gonzos royal flush is now... And across the top of the map it says Gonzos Royal Flush is across the theater... LOVE IT
Cxf225AWIAEnppR.jpg

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
What kind of logic is that? Just because it's in a theme park in Florida, you think that by default the food should be crap and we just have to live with it? There's plenty of fantastic quick service food in the theme parks in Florida. Just because of it's location, doesn't mean we can't hold it up to higher standards of food. It's not hard to make decent pizza, if they put in the effort to change the menu I guarantee it will be much better. The problem people have is that zero effort was put in to adjust the quality of the food, instead they just re-themed it and left the awful pizza how it was.

No. I don't think the "food" has to be crap. I just think(know) that theme park pizza is crap. When I order Dominos I know what I'm getting, crap. Same thing for theme park pizza.

Here's the thing about QS pizza- it is very possible to run a high-volume pizza operation without using frozen pre-made pies. Universal does both full-size (Louie's, Cafe 4) and personal (Comic Strip, IFFB/Fast Food Blvd) and has no trouble cranking out pizza while using fresh dough and assembling the pizzas in-house. i used to push out 500 pizzas a day at Comic Strip and rarely had guests waiting.

The difference is Disney doesn't want to pay a CM to make pizza all day, so they're content to use frozen pre-made product since they know their guests will eat it any way.

The food at IFFB is a disgusting train wreck. That pizza was atrocious.

Mike S

I like how they have the food names themed to harry potter.. Idk how i can imagine muppet named pizza by a rat.... I think i would lose my appetite.. But in reality and muppets perspective.. The Muppets live in OUR world.. A lot of you seemed disappointed.. but you have to remember its not like its only the muppets in their movies... theres human beings... I think you guys were thinking otherwise
Some of it is just British and not specifically "Harry Potter."
Yeah, regular water. There is a cool Potions kiosk where you can buy potion add-ins (similar to Mio).
If you want some great free entertainment, mention this comparison to the people who work there :hilarious:
Comparing this to The Leaky Cauldron is laughable. The Leaky Cauldron already had a defined look in film, all they had to do was recreate it.

Please tell me, what exactly does a Rizzo themed pizzeria look like to you guys?
I would think the end of Ratatouille where Remy had his whole family cooking but then put that in a much crazier Muppets like environment rather than Gusteau's, just off the top of my head.

disneypearl

I'm glad that the pizza looks like the same kind that Pizza Planet used to serve. I would have missed it if it was changed. I like it a lot better than the the flatbread pizza that they now serve at Pizzafari.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom