PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

Princess Leia

Honestly, pictures don't automatically just show up online. Someone needs to take them, then post them here or somewhere else, and since the majority of Disney guests aren't taking pictures of construction, it could be awhile. Who knows, the next picture that shows up could show a nearly completed exterior. And that's okay.

CMs near Pandora have apparently been instructed to tell guests to stop taking pictures of the construction, and while I don't think they care about Muppet Courtyard, I can see those 'rules' coming over to DHS whenever Star Wars and TSL break ground.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The site that shall not be named is reporting that Mama Melrose is getting a bit of a kitchen refurb. Not sure how extensive this will be, but would Disney be putting money into this if they weren't going to continue using it? I'm still thinking it will at least get a major menu overhaul once Rizzo opens.

I don't think there was any expectations that it would be closing, just that it might get re-themed.

Next Big Thing

I don't think there was any expectations that it would be closing, just that it might get re-themed.
I will say that has been going up dramatically lately now that there's actual stuff to cover (it's amazing what happens when you actually move dirt). Now we still shouldn't expect every day updates, though.

TheOrangeBird01

How long has it been since we've gotten picture updates? I believe since Thursday.. Wow

Things aren't added to the exterior everyday you realize. When updates come out, people will tell you. If you really want to know a minute by minute play of everything that happens to PizzeRizzo that badly, why don't you buy yourself an Annual Pass and sit outside the restaurant and wait?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Sept 3. New signage on the building. A frame for an awning just under the sign, above the door.

IMG_8285.JPG

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I quit drinking beer at the same time as Schlitz (The beer that made Milwaukee famous) stopped being brewed. ;)
Just kidding, however in the late 60's I believe I consumed enough of it for them to stay in business for centuries. Must have been some embezzling going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom