PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

FrankLapidus

I'd miss Mama Melrose, love the food and general atmosphere of the place while the service provided by its CM's has always been excellent whenever we've eaten there.

That being said, I'd be very surprised if anything in that area of the park is still in place when all is said and done at DHS.

Cmdr_Crimson

I hope they would theme it better to the one in the movie if they do anything to it.
It's interesting to point out that the LGM's Hanging above on the second floor of the building were repurposed from the Buzz Float of the 1995 Toy Story Parade

Toy-Story-Parade_Full_3346.jpg
3911355329_79343a7e9d.jpg

FoozieBear

So this is a bit crazy, but I've heard from a regularly good source who has a job with The Muppets that there was big rumors in the circles he works at that Pizza Planet might be replaced with a Muppet themed restaurant (likely along the lines of Gonzo's Pandemonium Pizza Parlor)

It's obviously a big longshot and slightly unlikely. But I'm just putting that out there as a potential crazy possibility.

stevehousse

Another great option for a proper Pizza Planet that I've seen suggested is to it at DTD where I think you could do it justice, including having the games area.
They really should and could do this with all the old games from Disney quest since its closing!!!
AM I the only one that thinks that the food at PP is okay? Pizza is pizza to me.....

My kids like eating there. The pizza really isn't as bad as everyone says it is. Yes the games could be a lot better, but we never mind eating there or pizzafari in AK, which is basically the same menu and pizza I believe.

Cmdr_Crimson

So this is a bit crazy, but I've heard from a regularly good source who has a job with The Muppets that there was big rumors in the circles he works at that Pizza Planet might be replaced with a Muppet themed restaurant (likely along the lines of Gonzo's Pandemonium Pizza Parlor)

It's obviously a big longshot and slightly unlikely. But I'm just putting that out there as a potential crazy possibility.

Actually the original concept art showed it as a Swedish Chef Cooking School Restaurant...Gonzo's Pizza Parlor was to be where Mama Melrose's is...
Muppet%2BCtyd.jpg

MadMax11

AM I the only one that thinks that the food at PP is okay? Pizza is pizza to me.....

You're not the only one. It's certainly not a "can't miss" experience for us...but it's come in handy a few times for us. I thought the meatball sub there was one of the better counter service meals I've had in WDW.

I wouldn't miss it if it was gone, really...but I think it's fine for counter service offerings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom