PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

DisneyFans4Life

We have reservations for Mama Melrose's on April 23rd. We haven't eaten there before and will be bummed if it's closed.

I've always enjoyed Pizza Planet. Pizza is pizza and I have no complaints. The meatball sub is also very tasty. I could careless about the games since I'm not there to play them, but I've always enjoyed the food.

WEDYENSID

Is Disney known to keep accepting reservations for a location they know is closing?

Also, there are no regular daily events posted on the "park hours" page after 2/29/16, except for Fantasmic? Does that normally happen, or does that mean something? It makes it hard to plan your trip 180 days out, if they don't keep that updated.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Now that I think about it..Pizza Planet is the only "In Park" arcade now after the demise of the Tomorrowland Light & Power co arcade...

Nick Pappagiorgio

"Pizza is pizza" is the saddest sentence.

But fits perfectly with the "They're turists, what do they know?" approach Disney has taken in the past (and thankfully seems to be moving away from these days)

Not everyone is from the Northeast or Chicago. Its all about your baseline. People from the South probably think all the BBQ options are terrible. Where I live we have great Mexican food so I have never liked any of those joints at Disney.

Fox&Hound

I've said it before, but I'll say it again- make the restaurant a real destination. Give it a great menu with some signature items that you can't find other places, and people won't care what it's themed to. HS has always been hurting, IMHO, for quality places to eat that possess both theming and quality food. Why not change it to Muppets and make the area cohesive? If one day down the road they decide to retheme, so be it. But right now Muppets have proven they have staying power and it would fit with the overall "look at the different IP's we have purchased" mantra for DHS. It would be weird if the whole parks was Star Wars, Toy Story, and random Hollywood. I think they need other IP's to fit the stepping into the movies/tv theme. Muppets and maybe Monsters Inc would go a long way.

On a random note, how long has been since you could meet Miss Piggy and Kermit or any Muppets characters as a M&G? I remember doing it in the 90's.....Would love for them to bring this back. Muppets show/3D movie, restaurant, M&G, and maybe the roving Muppets Lab streetsmosphere would really flesh out this area. Give the restaurant some kind of signature drink or food item that people rave about and get only get there- and you, my friend, have a hit!!!!!!!

YodaMan

I've said it before, but I'll say it again- make the restaurant a real destination. Give it a great menu with some signature items that you can't find other places, and people won't care what it's themed to. HS has always been hurting, IMHO, for quality places to eat that possess both theming and quality food. Why not change it to Muppets and make the area cohesive? If one day down the road they decide to retheme, so be it. But right now Muppets have proven they have staying power and it would fit with the overall "look at the different IP's we have purchased" mantra for DHS. It would be weird if the whole parks was Star Wars, Toy Story, and random Hollywood. I think they need other IP's to fit the stepping into the movies/tv theme. Muppets and maybe Monsters Inc would go a long way.

On a random note, how long has been since you could meet Miss Piggy and Kermit or any Muppets characters as a M&G? I remember doing it in the 90's.....Would love for them to bring this back. Muppets show/3D movie, restaurant, M&G, and maybe the roving Muppets Lab streetsmosphere would really flesh out this area. Give the restaurant some kind of signature drink or food item that people rave about and get only get there- and you, my friend, have a hit!!!!!!!

Well on Twitter there are some rumors of some Muppet-themed entertainment coming to Studios. Wouldn't be totally shocked if one of these restaurants got re-done and some new show/meet-and-greet added and then Studios can have its first "land" before Toy Story even opens

Last edited:

ChrisM

Their better off selling the Flatbread pizza that's sold at Pinocchio's village haus. That one had a better taste to it than that unpleasant tasting pizza they sell throughout the resort..

How is that possible? The flatbread pizza at PVH is literally the worst thing I've ever eaten.

And yes, I've eaten at the ABC Commissary.

Timothy_Q

Not everyone is from the Northeast or Chicago. Its all about your baseline. People from the South probably think all the BBQ options are terrible. Where I live we have great Mexican food so I have never liked any of those joints at Disney.

I'm not saying you have to like or dislike any specific pizza.
But some people are saying every pizza tastes the same, "cause it's pizza". That's ridiculous.

Meeko77

Absolutely LOVE Mama Melrose's and would hate to see it go. Have always had delicious meals there.

I used to love Pizza Planet; however, in recent years, the quality of the food has declined. Things may have changed now, but I remember years ago that they had 3 songs from Toy Story on a continuous loop - "You've Got a Friend in Me," "Strange Things," and "I Will Go Sailing No More." I always wondered why they didn't add more songs.

dstrawn9889

Absolutely LOVE Mama Melrose's and would hate to see it go. Have always had delicious meals there.

I used to love Pizza Planet; however, in recent years, the quality of the food has declined. Things may have changed now, but I remember years ago that they had 3 songs from Toy Story on a continuous loop - "You've Got a Friend in Me," "Strange Things," and "I Will Go Sailing No More." I always wondered why they didn't add more songs.
because you are supposed to be gone by the time the cycle repeats

French Quarter

It's interesting to point out that the LGM's Hanging above on the second floor of the building were repurposed from the Buzz Float of the 1995 Toy Story Parade

Toy-Story-Parade_Full_3346.jpg
3911355329_79343a7e9d.jpg

That is cool. I didn't know that. Thanks for the pics.

French Quarter

"Pizza is pizza" is the saddest sentence.

But fits perfectly with the "They're turists, what do they know?" approach Disney has taken in the past (and thankfully seems to be moving away from these days)

I can't speak for the people who said that but could they mean that QS pizza is petty much the same no matter where you get it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom