Pixie Hollow vs Wonderland

Pixie Hollow or Wonderland?

• Pixie Hollow

Votes: 36 18.9%
  • Wonderland

Votes: 154 81.1%

• Total voters

Disneyson 1

I would say try to create a smaller Pixie Hollow (perhaps a little bigger than the Aurora's forest and cottage section). In less than 10 years, only Tinker Bell will be giving meet n greets in the giant tree and the suits will likely settle for a smaller area. They'll have to rip out the tree and put something new in there. I'm fine with a Tink meet, but make it easy to re-theme. Tink will still be making money in 10 years, of course, but not any more money than Pooh is today, and her friends will long be forgotten.

Demeter Tess

I'll admit I voted for Pixie Hollow. Despite falling well out of Disney's target demographic at age 26, I am thoroughly enchanted with the franchise. It would be a very cute addition to WDW, and it would be nice to see Tink in her own home, rather than a sparsely-themed meet & greet. Tinker Bell is a Disney icon, and I don't think her popularity with female youngsters and teens is going to die down anytime soon. It would be nice to work a smaller Pixie Hollow into a larger Neverland area, but I don't realistically see Peter Pan getting any more press in the parks. I don't mind the Wonderland idea, actually I rather like it, but I similarly don't see Disney expanding on the franchise beyond that ghastly Tim Burton flick. (And if I see any more of Johnny Depp in WDW, I'm going to scream.)

Krack

So far, you haven't presented a compelling reason why an empty plot of land is better than this.

When the whole area underperforms (as I believe it will), I would prefer there be easily accessible and available land to balance the area out.

lebeau

When the whole area underperforms (as I believe it will), I would prefer there be easily accessible and available land to balance the area out.

Well, if YOU, with all of your extensive data and experience in theme park design and management, believe that the FLE will underperform, I can see why Disney is worried.

I'd ask what your opinion is based on, but based on another thread I know you just don't like M&Gs.

lebeau

How about if we just compromise and build Neverland instead of Wonderland, throw a Tink meet and greet into the new area and call it a day? :)

I think it is undeniable that Tink needs a M&G. Beyond that, I'm content with whatever Disney thinks is best.

All I'm arguing is that if Disney did decide to put in a PH area, it's not the knee-jerk mistake a lot of people around here seem to think it is. There are actually very good reasons to support such a decision.

Krack

Well, if YOU, with all of your extensive data and experience in theme park design and management, believe that the FLE will underperform, I can see why Disney is worried.

He asked why I prefer concrete to the PH M&G. That is my reason. If you don't like it? :shrug: It's still my reason.

Krack

And I made fun of your reason because it was weakly supported. :drevil:
Please don't cry when there's no PH. Instead, I think you should go to Guest Services and inform them that my opinion was weakly supported and demand that it be built post-haste.

lebeau

Please don't cry when there's no PH. Instead, I think you should go to Guest Services and inform them that my opinion was weakly supported and demand that it be built post-haste.

As I've stated several times, I am no fan of the franchise. I don't really care if they build PH or not. I do think it would br crazy (given the immense popularity) not to duplicate the Tink M&G. Beyond that, I don't really care.

I just find it ridiculous that so many people are piling on PH, FLE and M&Gs when their only real complaint is that they don't like them.

But feel free to stop by guest relations and lodge a complaint about all those M&Gs they are about to open. Disney trains cast members very well. They will probably hold their laughter until after you leave the building.

EmperorMilenko

As I've stated several times, I am no fan of the franchise. I don't really care if they build PH or not. I do think it would br crazy (given the immense popularity) not to duplicate the Tink M&G. Beyond that, I don't really care.

I just find it ridiculous that so many people are piling on PH, FLE and M&Gs when their only real complaint is that they don't like them.

But feel free to stop by guest relations and lodge a complaint about all those M&Gs they are about to open. Disney trains cast members very well. They will probably hold their laughter until after you leave the building.

Yeah, I mean I'd prefer to not have this FLE, but it works for the park, it adds depth to Fantasyland, and it's good for children:shrug: boy or not, its enjoyable and brings the disney magic. boys will find somesort of interest at atleast one of the princess M&G. I woulda enjoyed the beauty and the beast storytelling. and i'll still go for the experience. stitch isn't in it so it can't be that bad:drevil:

mp2bill

"Boy friendly" or not, Pixie Hollow is just a bad idea. If they wanted to do soemthing with Tinkerbell, why not have a Neverland with a section of it being Pixie Hollow?

I like the Neverland idea the best, but since this thread doesn't ask that question, I'd have to say Wonderland.

jt04

Funny that it is pretty much the same crowd that attempted to save the AC through a similarly lame internet disinformation campaign. That as we know failed. As did the similar effort to save the Lights of Winter. The campaign to save the PI clubs......fail. Not cut back on Fantasmic campaign......FAIL. Fire TDO execs.......FAIL. Soda prices...........FAIL. What we have here is a pattern.

Obviously Disney does not respond nor are they swayed by these childish efforts. The m&g's are going in. As is PH and I'd bet money on it. Disney probably is concerned about the m&g's being overwhelmed. Which is why PH has to happen. It would not make sense to cut it.

Oh and the Dumbo problem. Simply retheme the spinners to Alice. Add the Cheshire Cat coaster and tea cups and you have the basis for an amazing mini-land. Then add PH and everyone will live happily ever after.

:D

EmperorMilenko

Oh and the Dumbo problem. Simply retheme the spinners to Alice. Add the Cheshire Cat coaster and tea cups and you have the basis for an amazing mini-land. Then add PH and everyone will live happily ever after.

:D
I 100% agree with that. Dumbo's kinda outdated and deserves a presence but why so elaborate? Alice in Wonderland is an original but is more widely acknowledged now. Especially with Tim Burton's version and such. (But keep to the original, no Tim Burton Mad Hatter roaming FL) :lookaroun

BrerFrog

I 100% agree with that. Dumbo's kinda outdated and deserves a presence but why so elaborate? Alice in Wonderland is an original but is more widely acknowledged now. Especially with Tim Burton's version and such. (But keep to the original, no Tim Burton Mad Hatter roaming FL) :lookaroun

Neither roaming nor dancing.

The Dumbo area is happening because the attraction is extremely popular and Lasseter himself is a big fan of the movie, so unfortunately there is no way that will happen. :(

EmperorMilenko

The Dumbo area is happening because the attraction is extremely popular and Lasseter himself is a big fan of the movie, so unfortunately there is no way that will happen. :(

Ah, but one could always hope. And God please no dancing =/ And I don't mind Dumbo or anything. nothing like that. Just don't see the need to elaborate it so much. i like the idea but the whole area could be used in such a better way

jt04

Then he should tinker with the one at Disneyland. Judging by what is happening at DCA, I'm betting that in the end he will choose a cohesive backstory for Fantasyland over his love of Dumbo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom