Pixie Hollow vs Wonderland

Pixie Hollow or Wonderland?

• Pixie Hollow

Votes: 36 18.9%
  • Wonderland

Votes: 154 81.1%

• Total voters

DisneyParksFan1

Does Lasseter have any say over our FYL? Or anything WDW for that matter? Legit question. I've always wondered. If not, then what is his position or relationship with WDW?

jt04

Does Lasseter have any say over our FYL? Or anything WDW for that matter? Legit question. I've always wondered. If not, then what is his position or relationship with WDW?

It appears to me that Glendale has pretty much taken total control of the capital intensive projects. Lasseter has a high ranking role at Imagineering but I believe it is mainly as an advisor. So he has influence but he does not control the division. Anyone have more info?

_Scar

It appears to me that Glendale has pretty much taken total control of the capital intensive projects. Lasseter has a high ranking role at Imagineering but I believe it is mainly as an advisor. So he has influence but he does not control the division. Anyone have more info?

I think he has the role to influence but not "direct".... but let's be honest.... the guy probably has a MAJOR influence in the direction a project will take. He has the boy demographic in his backpocket. WDW needs those darn boys. They're picky.

If he does have control, then he sure doesn't have all of it. I have a feeling he would not suggest Pixie Hollow.

1.) It's bad cgi ruining a classic Walt character
2.) He wants quality for WDC (;

Krack

If he does have control, then he sure doesn't have all of it. I have a feeling he would not suggest Pixie Hollow.

Maybe he does have full control and that's why it's not being built.

lebeau

Just FYI, PH is one of Lasseter's pet projects. He's the exec producer of the series. If anything, he's part of the reason PH was proposed in the first place.

;)

jt04

Maybe he does have full control and that's why it's not being built.

You do know there is a brand new PH at Disneyland, right?

Just FYI, PH is one of Lasseter's pet projects. He's the exec producer of the series. If anything, he's part of the reason PH was proposed in the first place.

;)

Not suprised. The entire pixie franchise is a no brainer (not that I consider Lasseter brainless)and as I've said before it is a genre that CAN'T go out of style. It is something buried deep in the human psyche. The idea of these miniature magical worlds will always enthrall people especially children. It can be seen in children's fascination with butterfles and ant farms and the such.

When folks here hate on the idea of Disney using the idea as a franchise they are only exposing their own lack of empathetic qualities but also serious narrow-mindedness. Or for some, just plain blatent selfishness. To parapharase the PH haters, 'Me, me, me. Everything is about me'.

Demeter Tess

Out of blatant curiosity, have you WATCHED these movies? They're extremely well done for straight-to-video fare. I can't speak for the quality of the CG, but it's much more visually appealing than, say, any other Disney sequel. The creators have tried to remain true to the look and feel of Neverland as established in Peter Pan without meddling with any of its characters. (Fun Fact: The original director - who, by all accounts, was a very inept woman - wanted to incorporate key characters from the original Peter Pan movie. Lasseter stepped in and redirected the story so as to avoid any messy crossovers. Good form, John, good form!) Beyond all of this, I'm extremely taken by their treatment of Tinker Bell's character. I spent the first 25 years of my life with a definite dislike for the way she was marketed (the "diva" attitude didn't do it for me, nor did I really think it represented her character well), then along came the Disney Fairies franchise with a characterization of Tink that I could relate to: the plucky perfectionist who is often a bit too self-centered and strong-willed in her work to realize she's ultimately done more harm than good. I will absolutely concede that this is not a terrificly faithful adaptation of the original character, but who am I kidding? It made her a likable character, capable of great emotional growth, and infinitely more suited for the helm of a new franchise. And thus Tink went from one of my least favourite Disney characters to my very favourite.

Thrill

You may have missed the point that Wal-Mart puts a higher priority on a direct-to-video release than a theaterical release that performs moderately.

Myself, I see this as the problem. Disney shouldn't be releasing a film if they believe it won't do well. If it's not good enough for theaters, it shouldn't be good enough for DVD.

JuicyyStarr77

Wonderland..
Alice in Wonderland is a classic story, and will be around for many more years, whereas the Tinkerbell movies will probably not be around for as long. Plus many more people seem more familiar with all the characters from Alice and Wonderland, especially since Tim Burton's version just came out.

JuicyyStarr77

I say neither Wonderland or Pixie Hollow. I say DL'S TOON TOWN!!!!!!!:fork:[/QUOTE]

I agree! I would love to not only have ToonTown stay, but get refurbished into DL's version!

hpyhnt 1000

This isn't even a competition; everything from the theming to rides to demographics makes Wonderland the easy winner.

In all seriousness, we aren't getting Wonderland. Right now it appears we are getting nothing. The poll might as well said Pixie Hollow or Star Wars.

Unfortunately, this is true. :eek:

EDIT: Wonderland the Disney version, not Tim Burton's.

Dizmentia

I still cannot believe the Barnstormer is turning into a clown coaster (Casey Jr. would have been better, or Pink Elephants on Parade). The Cheshire Cat theme mentioned would have been great, along with a Wonderland area. It would seem like a logical choice, since the Cheshire Cat is such a huge merchandising character. The Wonderland characters are also featured in the newest Walt Disney World commercials.

A Neverland would work well, too. The Barnstormer could become a Crocodile coaster.

I'd love to see something developed in this area that appeals to the whole family (dark ride, BTMR-style coaster, water ride, etc). Meet and greets are nice, but I feel like they occupy too much space (at least in these design plans). Why do these massive sets need to be constructed to meet and greet with a few characters? Aladdin and friends seemed fine standing near their magic carpets.

More importantly though, I don't understand why any new addition needs to have its own mini-land. Why a whole area devoted to Pixie Hollow, Dumbo/Circus, Wonderland, etc? Beauty and the Beast offers multiple services (Belle meet and greet, restaurant, tavern, scenery, etc) so I understand why it's being built as a mini-land. Little Mermaid, on the other hand, is one attraction and is being built that way. A compact area of land with a beautiful facade. Can't they do something like that in the land proposed for Pixie Hollow (maybe two attractions each themed to two different original concepts and/or films) instead of choosing one film and devoting a whole area to it?

lebeau

Myself, I see this as the problem. Disney shouldn't be releasing a film if they believe it won't do well. If it's not good enough for theaters, it shouldn't be good enough for DVD.

You have completely missed the point. :brick:

lebeau

Wonderland..
Alice in Wonderland is a classic story, and will be around for many more years, whereas the Tinkerbell movies will probably not be around for as long. Plus many more people seem more familiar with all the characters from Alice and Wonderland, especially since Tim Burton's version just came out.

Burton's Alice will be a distant memory long before the Fairies franchise dries up.

cheezbat

Burton's Alice will be a distant memory long before the Fairies franchise dries up.

Exactly. BURTON'S ALICE....not the overall concept or the CLASSIC version of Alice in Wonderland. I give Tink and Friends maybe 5 years before they too go the way of so many other Disney franchises.

lebeau

Exactly. BURTON'S ALICE....not the overall concept or the CLASSIC version of Alice in Wonderland. I give Tink and Friends maybe 5 years before they too go the way of so many other Disney franchises.

1. I'll take that bet. The DTV releases are already scheduled out several years from now.

2. Burton's Alice is currently hot. Disney's Alice has been more or less culturally irrelevant outside of the parks for a long, long time.

Edit: One thing I find fascinating is all of the people predicting that the Fairies franchise will fade from memory soon. What on earth are people basing this on? After researching the subject, I see no facts that support the idea. The franchise is in a state of growth, not decline. But if anyone has any facts that support an alternate view, please share them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom