Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

bcoachable

I wonder when the crowds begin to line up for Star Wars, if the prority will shift back to "how can we pull crowds away from DHS" and this gets looked at again...
Would it be too late at that point?

Sir_Cliff

It just had a pretty big opening in the UK, so I don't know if that is either here nor there as far as the powers that be at Disney are concerned: https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...co-charms-uk-box-office-darkest-hour-the-post

I just got back from Mexico, and I must say that I was surprised how little merchandise there was for the film there and how almost all of the stuff I saw was directed at adults. Disney actually had a pretty smart licensing strategy there, though, picking local companies like Ay Güey to produce things like t-shirts, iPhone cases, etc. that didn't feel like the usual mass-marketed products. It would be interesting seeing them bringing a company like that into the Mexico pavilion, paying for the retail space and also producing fairly unique Coco merchandise. For an example, you can scroll through the "playeras" (t-shirts) for hombres y mujeres in the catalogue of their online store and see if you can spot the Coco ones they still have left: https://www.ayguey.mx

Haymarket2008

Coco is almost guaranteed to win the Oscar. And if history has shown us anything, that won't matter in this case. Inside Out, Zootopia, Big Hero 6 have all won Oscars and don't have full fledged attractions (yet). Why push this into Epcot when the same case could be made for Inside Out? Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Coco in the Mexico pavilion, but.......we'll see. There are more pressing matters to attend to in this park.

Sir_Cliff

Coco is almost guaranteed to win the Oscar. And if history has shown us anything, that won't matter in this case. Inside Out, Zootopia, Big Hero 6 have all won Oscars and don't have full fledged attractions (yet). Why push this into Epcot when the same case could be made for Inside Out? Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Coco in the Mexico pavilion, but.......we'll see. There are more pressing matters to attend to in this park.
My impression is that this would be just such an easy and logical fit for a location where they currently have an attraction that is not pulling big numbers in a park they're currently looking to revitalise (for good and ill). Transforming Imagination into Insight Out, I would have thought, was a more elaborate prospect than what is planned for Coco in the Mexico pavilion.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Perhaps if the budget wasn't so ridiculous...or if the plans were scaled back.

Honestly it wouldn't take much to improve aesthetically. Then again what would be the point if capacity isn't also improved.

Hope they can find a way to make this work, on all accounts.

smile

because coco rings true as a tribute and appreciation of mexican culture, which is what (ideally) the pavilion is for...
those other films don't really ring true to anything, sans entertainment.

There are more pressing matters to attend to in this park.

fact

Cmdr_Crimson

And market the spirit animals some! What kid wouldn’t want one of those in a plush?

Because they already did....
DNLGmcZXkAUnq3h.jpg

smile

Inside out to "revitalize" Cranium Command was a "slam dunk".

Perfect fit for that pavilion. And yet its still there rotting....

let's remember it would no longer be a 'perfect fit' as the pavilion hasn't been used for that purpose in a decade+
and it's hard to justify revitalizing an atraction that has also been closed that same decade+... and largely gutted.

but, i smell what you're stepping in and largely agree...
in an ideal world, WoL never went away and cranium command could/should have been tastefully upgraded to incorporate inside out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom