Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

RSoxNo1

Epcot is also interesting because they will also expand from three (Test Track, Soarin', Frozen), to at least 5. What I will say though in your hypothesis is that Ratatouille has the most generous capacity out of the lot (>2K real world). So I don't think long term it will be tiered above the aforementioned. Epcot I could see doing away with tiers, especially if they are able to make Coco or eventually imagination attractive again.

I deleted a sentence about Rat's capacity being high which may disrupt my prediction.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's basically the AK situation, historically no attractions were tiered because no attractions in recent years leading up to Pandora really were all that ridiculous in standby.

Actually, it seems DAK can drop the tiers at this point. NRJ no longer fills up 60 days in advance. In fact, its FPs on some days don't even fill up by 10 AM the same day.

Thus, NRJ doesn't need to be in any tier.

That puts FoP alone in it's own tier... which is pointless to do.

TeriofTerror

Actually, it seems DAK can drop the tiers at this point. NRJ no longer fills up 60 days in advance. In fact, its FPs on some days don't even fill up by 10 AM the same day.

Shh - don't tell them! I have zero interest in NRJ (everyone in my party of eight was disappointed), so I'm fine with skipping that, FPing FoP, and getting two other FPs I actually want!

RSoxNo1

If you allow guests to book FoP and NRJ then any availability for NRJ goes away. It’s way too soon to get rid of the DAK tiers.

Lets Respect

I really like Mermaid. I don't know why it gets such a bad rap. The queue is great, the ride is long, it tells the story. Shrug.

I actually think it suffers from its location in MK.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I really like Mermaid. I don't know why it gets such a bad rap. The queue is great, the ride is long, it tells the story. Shrug.

I actually think it suffers from its location in MK.

Mermaid is OK, I guess. The idea is right I think it's just done kinda cheesily (word?) Better detail AAs would help, improved under the sea dance sequence, more bubbles (UV bubbles everywhere would be fun) a replacement for cornball troupe finale and something to lessen the obvious "I'm in a warehouse" vibe. An easy fix would be to actually remove some of the ride vehicles making the ride-show more personable, imo.

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
Mermaid is OK, I guess. The idea is right I think it's just done kinda cheesily (word?) Better detail AAs would help, improved under the sea dance sequence, more bubbles (UV bubbles everywhere would be fun) a replacement for cornball troupe finale and something to lessen the obvious "I'm in a warehouse" vibe. An easy fix would be to actually remove some of the ride vehicles making the ride-show more personable, imo.
Honestly this all sounds like stuff that could be easily added in a Refurb/plussing of the attraction.

Lets Respect

All of that stuff would be great.

I kind of see it as a "classic", I just take it for what it is and I find it enjoyable. I like the length of it as well.

Marlins1

I actually like the ride more with time. I think it suffered from the FLE overhype and it being the only new ride on property in about 3 years at the time it opened. That along with the strong IP and great queue all caused the expectation bar to be really high.

JBIRDTO

The thing I don't like about mermaid is what seems to be a very short load platform. It feels like that is the reason it has to stop so often. Not enough time for some people to get on. I also am liking the ride more and more.

kong1802

So this has moved from "very likely" to "up in the air"?

So it went from a no brainer in the brainstorm room, to the finance department who said, let's pause and see what kind of coin this brings in before we start dropping millions on an overlay from a movie that just came out...

When its said and done, I bet we get a M&G out of the deal......

Magic Feather

@marni1971 @Magic Feather are there any updates on this project that you’re able to share? Is still happening or has been unfortunately shelved? 😭
The priority and drive for the project have diminished. The project is not yet dead, but not where it was before. There are a lot of factors, and some have exceeded expectations, while others have fallen flat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom