Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

aladdin2007

Let’s remember even when things get far enough for an official announcement they can still be pulled.

View attachment 254974View attachment 254975View attachment 254976View attachment 254977

I’ve said it before but I’m not in this for the glory. I don’t really want, or care, to be believed. No skin off my nose!

(Though I don’t think I do that bad :D )

I never tire of seeing photos like that and what would have been in World Showcase, thanks for sharing, really a whole book on World Showcase alone is needed and it would be beautiful.

Jones14

Um... what? Harambe/Africa in DAK opened with Kilimanjaro Safaris, Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail and the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch. Asia/Anandapur opened later with Maharajah Jungle Trek and Kali River Rapids.
I think they're referring to the Harambe expansion, which opened just a few years ago.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They relocated Festival of the Lion King in one part of Harambe and added a quick service to another part. Either way, if they're talking about the Harambe expansion or the original Harambe they're wrong.

Yeah...I didn't follow that either.

The original has the largest attraction that takes up 50% of the geographic space of the entire park...

...the "expansion" was a moved theater to house a show that was originally designed to be temporary...and some fast food spots that are the successor to Eisners long closed McDonald's carts.

RSoxNo1

Yeah...I didn't follow that either.

The original has the largest attraction that takes up 50% of the geographic space of the entire park...

...the "expansion" was a moved theater to house a show that was originally designed to be temporary...and some fast food spots that are the successor to Eisners long closed McDonald's carts.
Also, Africa/Harambe is the best themed land in the world.

aladdin2007

Let’s remember even when things get far enough for an official announcement they can still be pulled.

View attachment 254974View attachment 254975View attachment 254976View attachment 254977

I’ve said it before but I’m not in this for the glory. I don’t really want, or care, to be believed. No skin off my nose!

(Though I don’t think I do that bad :D )

martin by any chance do you have a photo of the sign announcing norway when it was coming soon or under construction? Thanks

Sir_Cliff

Went to see Coco again last night. Pixar artists are amazing. If any of you are on here, thanks for your wonderful work. I hope you are rewarded for your work in some way that makes you proud...
Really confused as to why WD merch wouldn't have jumped on "Spirit Guides" (as was done with the banshee or the HP wand) as a money making tie in to a ride overlay and the movie...
Disney, if you use this idea, I would like just a tiny cut of the sales please... (or hire me when I retire)
I just saw the film again when I was visiting friends and family back in Australia a few days ago and one of my friends said precisely that she wanted a little Dante spirit guide. Weirdly, though, I looked and literally did not see a single piece of Coco merchandise anywhere beyond the soundtrack. Just more Frozen, Cars, Finding Dory, Jungle Book, etc. Interestingly, when I saw the film, the theatre was almost full but there was not a single child there! I don't know how much this differs from the US, but I did wonder whether Disney figures this film skews older and therefore is a non-starter as far as merchandise is concerned. I'm going to be spending the next few weeks in Mexico City, so I might look around over there.

I'd be very disappointed if this didn't happen. This seems like the one tie-in that would make the pavilion more culturally appropriate than leaving it as is. If they made a decent effort, I think a lot of people in Mexico would be pretty excited about going and experiencing a Coco ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom