Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm specifically NOT blaming him for doing something screwy...you missed that part...

...however considering that a movie released on 11/19/17 has already been reported to be "greenlit" or "all but certain" and now on 1/06/18 is now "on hold" does lead credence to a caution approach.

1. Since when does wdw move that fast? I can think of 2 sorta examples - stretching the criteria a lot - no more.
2. Imagineering thinks EVERYTHING is a go...they're dreamers...it's what they do. We wouldn't have it any other way. But the accountants have other ideas. It is what it is. Small scale capex doesn't/hasn't brought in new clientele for about 20 years...so from that perspective a coco overlay is just a way to drag the stock down. As part of a bigger package? - then you're talking.

We'll see...

If you don't like it then stay out of the rumors sections. How man of us need to remind you that this is the rumors section of the forums?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you don't like it then stay out of the rumors sections. How man of us need to remind you that this is the rumors section of the forums?

How many? I don't know...guess I'll have to give you a number.

Maybe 80% of fans would have to "love" it?

I'll never get the stubborn contention that differing opinions on things both constructed and conceived are NOT welcome on a discussion board? If polite and nonoffensive?

Do you think you "love" disney more than I do? Well you are 1000% incorrect...and your insistence that i cannot have reasonable expectations or facilitate a thought process, if polite, really makes no sense.

Just plain nasty without provocation, is what this is...it's unnecessary and unwarranted. You don't have to read this and i wouldn't be offended. You also don't have to comment and intentionally try to offend. You do it repeatedly and becuse i laugh it off...doesn't mean it's "cute".

smile

I'm specifically NOT blaming him for doing something screwy...you missed that part...

exactly, which is why i called your usage apt, as it would be unfair to paint the info martin passes along as being constructed with plausible deniability...
perhaps you missed that part?
;)

As part of a bigger package? - then you're talking.

not absurd to think about (and discuss) the possibility that a new, 'taylor-made' ip would be included within the grand scheme of efforts to make epcot more timeless, more relevant, more family, and more disney -
especially in an era when conversions and overlays are en vogue... and while there may not be a particular reason to jump on it due to greater areas of need and the scale of projects, if we're left with gran fiesta for thirty years i'd be surprised.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
exactly, which is why i called your usage apt, as it would be unfair to paint the info martin passes along as being constructed with plausible deniability...
perhaps you missed that part?
;)

not absurd to think about (and discuss) the possibility that a new, 'taylor-made' ip would be included within the grand scheme of efforts to make epcot more timeless, more relevant, more family, and more disney -
especially in an era when conversions and overlays are en vogue... and while there may not be a particular reason to jump on it due to greater areas of need and the scale of projects, if we're left with gran fiesta for thirty years i'd be surprised.

Point one: my bad

Point two: is it absurd? No...

Is it likely? Not at all. They like Bank and the use of clones.

If anything...I think elsas boats taught them a lesson: better to build than retrofit...which is true 95% of the time in construction...
What have they announced/rumored to be considering? New world showcase structures and rides...clean slate. I think that its likely you get one of those than let imagineering tinker on a 35 year old ride. That's how budgets are blown...the "Rhode-Ian" effect.

Phicinfan

...however considering that a movie released on 11/19/17 has already been reported to be "greenlit" or "all but certain" and now on 1/06/18 is now "on hold" does lead credence to a caution approach.

1. Since when does wdw move that fast? I can think of 2 sorta examples - stretching the criteria a lot - no more.
2. Imagineering thinks EVERYTHING is a go...they're dreamers...it's what they do. We wouldn't have it any other way. But the accountants have other ideas. It is what it is. Small scale capex doesn't/hasn't brought in new clientele for about 20 years...so from that perspective a coco overlay is just a way to drag the stock down. As part of a bigger package? - then you're talking.

We'll see...
You make good points. I wish you would openly admit when you are wrong as often as you question those insiders about "plausible deniability"

Where is your ask for forgiveness for the Pavillion in Brazil? Oh, hasn't started yet...no "shovels in the ground eh?" Can't wait to see you accept you were wrong there.

My point is not to be snide, you seem to do that well enough without help. My point is the insiders here were not the only source of Coco to Mexico, and it isn't dead yet. @marni1971 and @Magic Feather have been incredibly accurate on what is happening currently and very soon at WDW. We also here are mature enough to realize things change...for ex. UK Pavillion attraction - going from Brave to Mary Poppins again. This too is a change. I wonder why you haunt this so much, but I don't see you haunting and hunting on Mary Poppins, which is a movie not even released yet(assuming its based on the follow up coming out soon).

Feel free to disbelieve, and feel free to question, its an open discussion board. I just once would like to see you admit you were wrong and eat crow as strongly as you do try to point fingers at the insiders here.

maybe you need an avatar...of say a ostrich with it's head in the ground?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Let’s remember even when things get far enough for an official announcement they can still be pulled.

EC271CCB-8896-4466-853B-A9717A2D3BB8.png
24825CF7-985E-4B37-A899-65440A162BF8.png
7088CC9C-FF78-4402-A9D3-D1FEA299DADC.png
CBA15418-4388-4E05-9469-BF8D9B6047F4.png

I’ve said it before but I’m not in this for the glory. I don’t really want, or care, to be believed. No skin off my nose!

(Though I don’t think I do that bad :D )

Last edited:

bcoachable

Went to see Coco again last night. Pixar artists are amazing. If any of you are on here, thanks for your wonderful work. I hope you are rewarded for your work in some way that makes you proud...
Really confused as to why WD merch wouldn't have jumped on "Spirit Guides" (as was done with the banshee or the HP wand) as a money making tie in to a ride overlay and the movie...
Disney, if you use this idea, I would like just a tiny cut of the sales please... (or hire me when I retire)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Went to see Coco again last night. Pixar artists are amazing. If any of you are on here, thanks for your wonderful work. I hope you are rewarded for your work in some way that makes you proud...
Really confused as to why WD merch wouldn't have jumped on "Spirit Guides" (as was done with the banshee or the HP wand) as a money making tie in to a ride overlay and the movie...
Disney, if you use this idea, I would like just a tiny cut of the sales please... (or hire me when I retire)

There's no real guide sometimes as to what they identify as key to go ahead with merch and what they don't...they're well researched.

I would guess - just speculation - that they looked at the "death" motif and thought it may not resonate with their core demographics...

Disneyfan1981

I'm actually surprised this isn't happening or at least isn't a lock. In DCA they've pretty much just stuck a bunch of Coco stuff into "Bugs Land," a cart to sell merchandise which was very busy and a couple of statues that you could take pictures with and there were lines waiting to do so. I figured that it'd be a natural progression.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
There is death in almost every Disney movie, especially the classic animated cartoons. They have a whole ride featuring ghosts in the Magic Kingdom. Nothing about the death or afterlife depicted in Coco comes anywhere near to the scary stuff in HM. I think that it is a silly argument to use.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom