Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

bclane

I saw one ad for it on a cable channel the other day. Disney is NOT promoting this movie in my market area for some strange reason...
That is super frustrating. They have what looks to be a great film on their hands, that from everything I read actually honors the culture that it portrays, and yet they don't seem to be marketing it enough. Maybe they are just waiting till we get closer to Thanksgiving???

Pixieish

That is super frustrating. They have what looks to be a great film on their hands, that from everything I read actually honors the culture that it portrays, and yet they don't seem to be marketing it enough. Maybe they are just waiting till we get closer to Thanksgiving???

It is frustrating - and disappointing because the Good Dinosaur got all kinds of hype and it wasn't very good. I wonder if it's because Day of the Dead isn't as famous in the US?

Pixieish

I feel like I haven't seen many ads on television. I could be wrong though.

I am sure they will blitz the movie more in the US within the next two weeks. Just have to finish up their Thor marketing push for the first week of release?

DisneyXD is running ads for it pretty regularly, so they’re at least covering that portion of the market.

UPDATE: Ads being shown on Cartoon Network now too - just overheard one.

DisneyFan18

Is it a diegetic musical?
I’m not that sure if it actually fits the description of a diegetic musical as the music is indeed performed by the characters during the story, but contrary to Disney Movies like Frozen, they are sort of pre-established songs and most of them serve as way to show Miguel’s growth. Also they never feel forced, and are relevant to the plot, the songs justify themselves, it’s hard to explain but in my opinion it’s an original and creative way of making a musical.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
I’m not that sure if it actually fits the description of a diegetic musical as the music is indeed performed by the characters during the story, but contrary to Disney Movies like Frozen, they are sort of pre-established songs and most of them serve as way to show Miguel’s growth. Also they never feel forced, and are relevant to the plot, the songs justify themselves, it’s hard to explain but in my opinion it’s an original and creative way of making a musical.
Interesting.

Herah

So if they have to do any work on the ride... will they have to make the entry to the pavilion more ADA compliant??
Or is this work already underway?
Or is there a secret entrance I don't know about?

EDIT: Nevermind... I think I see it now. in the shadows to the right of the steps? When we visited in September with our Dad in a mobile chair, we didn't see a pathway up the stairs. So he parked along a construction wall to the left and walked up the steps slowly. It was a bit crazy with the Food & Wine Fest
That's right, the handicapped entrance is on the right side of the building.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

Not sure this has any impact, it was always going to be a hit in Mexico.

Genuinely curious to see how it performs stateside. Anecdotally, I don't know anyone who is interested in seeing it, including myself. The visuals look stunning, but what I can glean of the story line leaves me very apathetic towards the film. Maybe I'll catch it on STARZ someday, but no chance I am dropping $50+ to see it in a theater.

I tried googling to see how it is tracking, but couldn't find any results. Anyone have any links?

Pixieish

Not sure this has any impact, it was always going to be a hit in Mexico.

Genuinely curious to see how it performs stateside. Anecdotally, I don't know anyone who is interested in seeing it, including myself. The visuals look stunning, but what I can glean of the story line leaves me very apathetic towards the film. Maybe I'll catch it on STARZ someday, but no chance I am dropping $50+ to see it in a theater.

I tried googling to see how it is tracking, but couldn't find any results. Anyone have any links?

Per Box Office Mojo...
$27,963,804

Going to the movies is just ridiculously expensive. We take our kids to see their "must-sees" and we'll take turns bringing our oldest to see each new SW film, but other than that, we wait until movies come out on Bluray or cable.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Per Box Office Mojo...
$27,963,804

Going to the movies is just ridiculously expensive. We take our kids to see their "must-sees" and we'll take turns bringing our oldest to see each new SW film, but other than that, we wait until movies come out on Bluray or cable.
That's the World Wide total box office. That has nothing to do with how it's tracking to open in the US.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom