Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Jones14

Oh well in that case this should be good considering it should be just for the ride and not a brand new building with a meet and greet plus shop attached.
Not to mention that they won’t need to spend any money on tearing up queue space to add 20 feet to the flume. Also, I’d imagine that more of the set will survive the transition, which frees up money for more animatronics and other fun stuff.

My expectations have risen a bit now. When is the ride expected to close again?

Thanks phoenicians

Not to mention that they won’t need to spend any money on tearing up queue space to add 20 feet to the flume. Also, I’d imagine that more of the set will survive the transition, which frees up money for more animatronics and other fun stuff.

My expectations have risen a bit now. When is the ride expected to close again?
True, though they will need to create a queue and I have no idea where they’d put one.

Jones14

True, though they will need to create a queue and I have no idea where they’d put one.
I believe that the two shops along the side of the pyramid where the ride loads have been said to be on the chopping block. If they keep fastpass away from this ride (and God have mercy on the Mexico CM’s if they don’t), then that plus the current switchbacks should be plenty, and they’ll always have the rope extended queue for extra crazy days.

DisneyFan18

I believe that the two shops along the side of the pyramid where the ride loads have been said to be on the chopping block. If they keep fastpass away from this ride (and God have mercy on the Mexico CM’s if they don’t), then that plus the current switchbacks should be plenty, and they’ll always have the rope extended queue for extra crazy days.
I have a feeling it’s likely that it will receive the Fastpass service, and for the first year or so it will be given a Tier A Fastpass...

Sir_Cliff

Another point in Coco's favour:
Pixar and Walt Disney's Coco earned another $10.4 million in Mexico, going up a jaw-dropping 12% in its second weekend and bringing its total to $27.6m. The animated feature, which opens around the world over Thanksgiving weekend, went early in Mexico for obvious reasons and has already become the fastest ten-day grosser ever for an animated feature in Mexico, as well as the biggest new IP animated release ever in said territory.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...nears-240m-coco-soars-in-mexico/#3db32a473e17

bclane

Ok, so I had said a while ago that I would ask my students about their thoughts on Coco, and then I completely forgot about that. Well today I remembered! So out of 24 students (I got a new student the other day), only 6 said that they had heard of the movie. After providing a short description, 19 recognized the movie I was talking about. The bad news is that only 7 of them want to see it. Now, obviously this is a very small sample size, but based on that, the marketing for this movie may have been lacking a bit. Anyway, there you have it! lol! As a teacher, I'm really hoping Coco has some wonderful lessons on Mexican history and culture so that I can justify showing it in my class someday. I guess I'll know soon enough.

Pixieish

Ok, so I had said a while ago that I would ask my students about their thoughts on Coco, and then I completely forgot about that. Well today I remembered! So out of 24 students (I got a new student the other day), only 6 said that they had heard of the movie. After providing a short description, 19 recognized the movie I was talking about. The bad news is that only 7 of them want to see it. Now, obviously this is a very small sample size, but based on that, the marketing for this movie may have been lacking a bit. Anyway, there you have it! lol! As a teacher, I'm really hoping Coco has some wonderful lessons on Mexican history and culture so that I can justify showing it in my class someday. I guess I'll know soon enough.

I think I would have to agree. We don't go to see movies at the theater often, but we do buy all the Disney movies on DVD/Bluray...I think I can safely say that we've only seen one trailer that wasn't online and that was because someone put the movie in and just let it play instead of going directly to the menu.

Piebald

At first the trailers didn't appeal to me much. It looked nice but didn't do much for me. I saw the movie last night and it was amazing. Easily one of Pixars best and brilliant overall. Not once did they stoop down to talk down to the audience to explain things so I can see some people missing out on references but I thought this was a positive in general to really get you the viewer to understand the culture, the references and the storyline. The film was quite deep and had its dark moments in the story (but they were very quickly transitioned with humor) but it was extremely emotional and original IMO. I imagine it made the Mexican people extremely proud in every facet (on reddit the Mexicans are loving it as it was released there a few weeks ago)

To me this is one of the absolute best in terms of "movies that are sort of for kids but adults will appreciate it more" and I could sense some of the kids in my theater who may have been seeking more of a fart and poop joke Emoji Movie may have left confused whereas every adult left with a headache developed to keep the tears from streaming down their face. I highly welcome this film to be put into the Mexico Pavillion.

Clamman73

At first the trailers didn't appeal to me much. It looked nice but didn't do much for me. I saw the movie last night and it was amazing. Easily one of Pixars best and brilliant overall. Not once did they stoop down to talk down to the audience to explain things so I can see some people missing out on references but I thought this was a positive in general to really get you the viewer to understand the culture, the references and the storyline. The film was quite deep and had its dark moments in the story (but they were very quickly transitioned with humor) but it was extremely emotional and original IMO. I imagine it made the Mexican people extremely proud in every facet (on reddit the Mexicans are loving it as it was released there a few weeks ago)

To me this is one of the absolute best in terms of "movies that are sort of for kids but adults will appreciate it more" and I could sense some of the kids in my theater who may have been seeking more of a fart and poop joke Emoji Movie may have left confused whereas every adult left with a headache developed to keep the tears from streaming down their face. I highly welcome this film to be put into the Mexico Pavillion.
How big of a part is that flying panther?

DisneyFan18

This movie is actually looking really good. And what I've heard of the music is excellent, not a bad start for Pixar's first musical!
Actually, one of the things I like the most about this movie is how they use music in a way that it serves to develop the story, since they don’t start singing out of nowhere, each song has a reason to be within the story. It’s a musical without being a musical if it makes sense

DisneyFan18

@marni1971 this a question that I’ve been asking myself the past few days, do you think Coco being a hit in the Mexican Boxoffice (as it has broken some records already) could be what’s needed for this to be greenlit, or will all depend on the Domestic Boxoffice?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I saw one ad for it on a cable channel the other day. Disney is NOT promoting this movie in my market area for some strange reason...

hokielutz

So if they have to do any work on the ride... will they have to make the entry to the pavilion more ADA compliant??
Or is this work already underway?
Or is there a secret entrance I don't know about?

EDIT: Nevermind... I think I see it now. in the shadows to the right of the steps? When we visited in September with our Dad in a mobile chair, we didn't see a pathway up the stairs. So he parked along a construction wall to the left and walked up the steps slowly. It was a bit crazy with the Food & Wine Fest

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom