Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

bclane

Because I'm keeping my mouth shut!
pink floyd.jpg

Pink Floyd The Wall Ride confirmed!

Sped2424

sigh I like this ride the way it is, not everything has to be a major draw. Its a nice boat ride with classic Disney characters. I wish they would leave rides like this and just add more rides, instead of removing to create.
As has been said many times what would replace it is FAR more appropriate for Epcot than the 3 caballeros ever were. This is not a frozen to Norway this is a film by latin people about latin culture and based off early screenings and the positive reception from Mexico it shows. In conclusion SEND THE BIRDS THE EVICTION NOTICE! ;)

Sir_Cliff

Just saw Coco today in Mexico City and had to go from one cinema to another as all sessions were sold out in the first. Admittedly, it is a holiday here for All Souls Day/Día de los Muertos, but this was the only film sold out and all sessions were sold out. Where I ended up seeing it, the cinema was packed and there were audible "awws" in the audience as well as applause at the end. Considering last week's box office numbers in Mexico, there's no doubt this film is a big hit at least in Mexico.

I really loved the film and can't wait to see it again. I will have to buy the soundtrack here before returning home, though, as I can't imagine the songs in English after hearing them in Spanish in which they sound so perfect! Coco both recalls Pixar at its best and is a really loving tribute to Mexico. I like the current ride and the Three Caballeros generally, but this is really a no-brainer for the Mexico pavilion. If anything, they probably should be already working on getting it open.

Just in case it's of interest, there is an exhibition at the Cineteca Nacional here about Mexico and Walt Disney to coincide with Coco which is supposed to be quite impressive and I'm hoping to get to tomorrow:

mikejs78

Premium Member
I'm sad that the ducks are going, I've always loved the ride as it is, especially with the animatronics that are there now. Another Epcot OG gone to the wind. Despite that though, Coco makes more sense culturally at least ( unlike some recent additions ) and I'm sure it'll be a good ride

The original ride didn't have the ducks, they were added much later.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm sad that the ducks are going, I've always loved the ride as it is, especially with the animatronics that are there now. Another Epcot OG gone to the wind. Despite that though, Coco makes more sense culturally at least ( unlike some recent additions ) and I'm sure it'll be a good ride

The original ride didn't have the ducks, they were added much later.

The current iteration of the ride doesn't have ducks. It has just one duck. ;)

DisneyFan18

I found this photo of the area where the Coco Sneak Peek will be playing at DCA, just imagine them as fully articulated AAs!

@marni1971 what are the chances of the Coco attraction receiving some AAs? I would love to see a Miguel AA “playing” the guitar

Attachments

• BC944476-EDCD-4135-B6F3-4061ADDECF7E.jpeg
    BC944476-EDCD-4135-B6F3-4061ADDECF7E.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 265

Kman101

If they do the bare minimum with the overhaul then I could see Miguel and Dante doing exactly that where the Three Cabs are now. LOL.

I really wish they'd do a gut job and revamp the ride with fun animatronics but based on some of Martin's posts I can't imagine we won't get more than a scene refresh or two, some refurbing of what's there, and updated screens.

Very curious what this overhaul would actually entail. I think it's the perfect fit for Mexico if we're now in a "we must have IPs everywhere". I don't mind the duck and birds but this is much more suitable.

aladdin2007

If they do the bare minimum with the overhaul then I could see Miguel and Dante doing exactly that where the Three Cabs are now. LOL.

I really wish they'd do a gut job and revamp the ride with fun animatronics
but based on some of Martin's posts I can't imagine we won't get more than a scene refresh or two, some refurbing of what's there, and updated screens.

Very curious what this overhaul would actually entail. I think it's the perfect fit for Mexico if we're now in a "we must have IPs everywhere". I don't mind the duck and birds but this is much more suitable.

This, it is very much needed. The mold stench in there is getting worse especially in the final room.

DisneyFan18

If they could make dancing skeletons I would be impressed, as it could be useful for some scenes that I would like seeing adapted to the ride...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom