Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Lets Respect

I'm afraid I disagree with you, while I don't expect to be as successful as Inside Out, I do believe that it should be something between Wall•E and Up. Personally, I believe that you're understimating the International Markets, the movie itself (since the people who assisted to the Coco Press Event at the beginning of the month are praising the movie both story wise and aesthetically), the fact that little kids will want to go watch Olaf's Frozen Adventure, that General Audiences also impact on the Box Office, and finally the fact that cultural diverse movies are generally beloved. Also I would like to add the fact, that there must be professionals at Disney who can forecast approximately the earnings Coco could bring, so I believe that they have a vague idea of where it stands, so if they are confident there must be a reason ;)

Yeah, I dunno, I'm not a film expert. All I know is that when my kids were little, my decision chart for activities was something like, "Is there a chance this will keep my kid up tonight?" If yes, then no. Because I am very tired.

DisneyFan18

Yeah, I dunno, I'm not a film expert. All I know is that when my kids were little, my decision chart for activities was something like, "Is there a chance this will keep my kid up tonight?" If yes, then no. Because I am very tired.

Yeah, I totally get your point. If I were to be a parent, I guess I would appreciate my kids letting me sleep at night. However, if Monsters Inc got away with it, I don't see why Coco wouldn't as well. :)

Lets Respect

Yeah, I totally get your point. If I were to be a parent, I guess I would appreciate my kids letting me sleep at night. However, if Monsters Inc got away with it, I don't see why Coco wouldn't as well. :)

Sully and Mike were cute though :) I hear your point. It will be interesting to see how it does. I'll be interested to see how they promote it as well, what parts they emphasize.

Monorail_Orange

FWIW, no one in my family has any interest in seeing Coco. This is unprecedented in our family for a Pixar movie. I can't imagine we're alone (and apparently, have some company on this board). This might be one IP makeover that will backfire on them. Of course, we could just have it all wrong, and it will be a great movie and attraction. Time will tell.

Bocabear

FWIW, no one in my family has any interest in seeing Coco. This is unprecedented in our family for a Pixar movie. I can't imagine we're alone (and apparently, have some company on this board). This might be one IP makeover that will backfire on them. Of course, we could just have it all wrong, and it will be a great movie and attraction. Time will tell.
That's OK no one I know had any interest in Toy Story 2 or 3, Cars 2 or 3, and they still built attractions and made a mint off them... there are always people that want to see Pixar films...even if your family is not interested...Looks like it will be a magical film and not another retread of the tire Toy Story franchise for a change...embrace the new~!

Monorail_Orange

That's OK no one I know had any interest in Toy Story 2 or 3, Cars 2 or 3, and they still built attractions and made a mint off them... there are always people that want to see Pixar films...even if your family is not interested...Looks like it will be a magical film and not another retread of the tire Toy Story franchise for a change...embrace the new~!
I have no problem with the new. The particular subject matter of this film, based upon my appreciation from the trailers to center around Dia de los Muertas, fails to interest me. I do not expect everyone to share that opinion; clearly you don't, and that's fine, diversity is what makes the world go round. And the series you mentioned, have indeed gotten very tired, I'm not looking for still yet another retread of those either.

disneygeek90

I don't think Coco is going to do well (relatively speaking in terms of Disney/Pixar movies)
A lot of parents of little kids will take a pass on it due to the skeletons.
If that happens, I don't see them changing this ride
If kids can handle the psychological damage of Mufasa's death, I don't think some cartoonish (and not at all threatening or scary) skeletons are going to have families running from the theater. That's not what Day of the Dead is about.

disneygeek90

Even if the film is not sucessful, they can still create an engaging original attraction that would be a hit...and the way synergy works...those that avoided the film, might go on the ride and decide the film is worth seeing...
A la Avatar. I think people overestimate the importance of the IP's. Having a good ride > Having a good IP associated with it. Though I fully expect Coco to do well. It looks beautiful.

Jones14

I'd imagine that the success of the movie will also determine just how much of an overlay we end up with. If it's a runaway success, I think we'll get more of a "new" attraction, but if it does moderately well, they'll swap out some screens and sets and call it a day.

BrianLo

Coco has very little in the way of animated competition, it merely needs to be good and well marketed with the Pixar brand at this point. Next to that you have BlueSky (unfortunately a pretty second tier player) with their Ferdinand movie.

I'd say the animated market is pretty starved this year. Outside of Boss Baby over preforming, this year has been a bit of a dud. Cars/Despicable Me both underperformed domestically and Lego Batman is long ago in the home video sphere.

I'm not even really sure what movie deserves to be nominated for an oscar, let alone win at this point. Pretty sad when last years' five noms were all more deserving.

IanDLBZF

I'd say the animated market is pretty starved this year. Outside of Boss Baby over preforming, this year has been a bit of a dud. Cars/Despicable Me both underperformed domestically and Lego Batman is long ago in the home video sphere.
And 2017 has not been a good year for animation so far either. I mean take a look a The Emoji Movie, which IMHO is garbage. Look back on 2016 and the success of Zootopia and Moana and compare it to how this year has been.

DisneyFan18

@marni1971, is it still going to be an overlay in terms Rio del Tiempo to Gran Fiesta or should expect something more? I know I have asking a lot of questions lately, so I wanted to apologize for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom