Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Sped2424

I've never been a huge fan of the Mexican Day of the Dead motif...for that reason, I doubt I'll see Coco, and this new overlay doesn't excite me much... :(
Well the day of the dead isn't a motif it's a holiday. It's not just one design or defined by one thing. If sugar skulls make you miss out on coco I am sorry to hear that but based on what I saw at d23 it would be your loss. As the film is looking to be one of the best things pixar's done in some time.

Brer Oswald

It could still be pulled from the park if it does exceptionally poor.

Obviously they're not expecting it to preform exceptionally poor.
Yes it definitely could. It just seems like Disney is more confident in it than Pixar is judging by the marketing alone. In my opinion, Coco is one of Pixar's weakest attempts at marketing a film. This may be because they are waiting to get closer to launch, and maybe it's because it's a new IP, but I still don't get a feeling of the concept other than the artistic style. At least with Three Caballeros, you have Donald Duck, the second most famous cartoon character of all time. Coco could still end up being amazing, I'm just surprised of how little we've heard about it.

FigmentJedi

Yes it definitely could. It just seems like Disney is more confident in it than Pixar is judging by the marketing alone. In my opinion, Coco is one of Pixar's weakest attempts at marketing a film. This may be because they are waiting to get closer to launch, and maybe it's because it's a new IP, but I still don't get a feeling of the concept other than the artistic style. At least with Three Caballeros, you have Donald Duck, the second most famous cartoon character of all time. Coco could still end up being amazing, I'm just surprised of how little we've heard about it.
Yeah, attaching the Frozen Christmas special to it suggests a lack of confidence in it.

disneygeek90

According to this interview with Lee Unkrich, it seems that the Mexican Pavillion at Epcot partially inspired him to do Coco. So I think it is interesting that a Coco based attraction could be coming to exact same place the idea was partially born. :)
Sounds like Pirates of the Carribbean 2. Though I am all for Coco replacing Three Caballeros.

Lets Respect

I don't think Coco is going to do well (relatively speaking in terms of Disney/Pixar movies)
A lot of parents of little kids will take a pass on it due to the skeletons.
If that happens, I don't see them changing this ride

dreamfinder

I was wondering, do you believe it would be possible to build AA's for the skeletons? Honestly, I would love to see one of Mamma Imelda

I'd imagine you could do something using black light type effects/lighting. Similar to how the fish "swim" in VOTLM at DHS, or the Anglerfish kuka arm in Finding Nemo. AA mech is black, bone white with a black backdrop to hide the mech.

DisneyFan18

I don't think Coco is going to do well (relatively speaking in terms of Disney/Pixar movies)
A lot of parents of little kids will take a pass on it due to the skeletons.
If that happens, I don't see them changing this ride

I'm afraid I disagree with you, while I don't expect to be as successful as Inside Out, I do believe that it should be something between Wall•E and Up. Personally, I believe that you're understimating the International Markets, the movie itself (since the people who assisted to the Coco Press Event at the beginning of the month are praising the movie both story wise and aesthetically), the fact that little kids will want to go watch Olaf's Frozen Adventure, that General Audiences also impact on the Box Office, and finally the fact that cultural diverse movies are generally beloved. Also I would like to add the fact, that there must be professionals at Disney who can forecast approximately the earnings Coco could bring, so I believe that they have a vague idea of where it stands, so if they are confident there must be a reason ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom