Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
It's insane to me how Disney clinches for pennies when dollars fly over their heads. People LOVE this film they just do it would be no a brainer to give this film a healthy budget for some sort of attraction or land SOMEWHERE In the parks. I don't care if the idea is sacrilegious but I would give the whole mexico pavilion a land of the dead/coco makeover.

It's frustrating how Disney will jump at the chance to shoehorn something where it doesn't belong but with something as logical as Coco and the Mexico pavilion they're being very careful and cautious.

Google is your best friend.

If your best friend was an evil company that sold your information and privacy for pennies then yeah.

Tony the Tigger

While I was at DCA recently there is a set of billboards close to The Incredicoaster side. One of them depicts the characters of Coco...So while walking down the pier a family in front of me slowly turns and looks at the Billboard and they stared at it for a few minutes and from what I saw the gears in their heads were churning..Turns out they never saw the movie and the father says " Well, that billboard ruined the movie for me.."
IMG_191810_156_1529703865625.jpg

Maybe I spend too much time on the politics thread, but my first thought was he saw the word “Diversion” and thought “Diversity for the family” and that ruined it for him as preachy or something. (I know it means “fun” and this is my favorite Disney movie in many years.)

Jeez, I’m getting cynical.

Actually, I heard they're taking the cabana idea from the MK and moving it to Mexico, where they'll open up as the "Coco Cabanas"...

Have a banana. I’ll watch out for Rico.

JJJ

Exactly... they're making big bucks off your personal information.
To play devil's advocate, who cares? Google anonymizes all the information so no one can match what they know of you to who you are in real life. They don't sell you, they sell categories that they think you fit in to target ads toward you - something TV networks have been doing (selling add along with the demographics for people who watch a show they air) for a long time now. What Google does is like selling a paraphrased version of your likes, interests, and general characteristics, but completely anonymized and none of the info is enough to reconstruct your identity. And, for all the services they provide (unlimited photo storage, free email, a Microsoft office equivalent with better collaboration tools, the best search engine on the web, YouTube, Android, self driving cars in Phoenix and more places soon, and so much more), isn't this a worthwhile price to pay?

jt04

I applaud this decision, spend the time and money elsewhere if we're going to pinch pennies. There are so many other areas of the park that NEED something and the ROI on this would be rather low in my mind.

Sometimes ROI isn't directly connected to a specific project. It is more important to consider the overall impact an addition creates. Really think this project it a perfect example and hope it is put back into the queue in a few years.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Sometimes ROI isn't directly connected to a specific project. It is more important to consider the overall impact an addition creates. Really think this project it a perfect example and hope it is put back into the queue in a few years.
That may be. But if I had to evaluate among a new ride at UK (Poppins), using the WoL pavillion again for attractions, adding a new country pavillion, refurbing SSE, Imagination, Seas, etc, Coco is towards the bottom of that list. I still hope it happens someday though.

The Empress Lilly

While I was at DCA recently there is a set of billboards close to The Incredicoaster side. One of them depicts the characters of Coco...So while walking down the pier a family in front of me slowly turns and looks at the Billboard and they stared at it for a few minutes and from what I saw the gears in their heads were churning..Turns out they never saw the movie and the father says " Well, that billboard ruined the movie for me.."
IMG_191810_156_1529703865625.jpg
Maybe they correctly learned from this billboard that the scared boy sees dead people and that the old guy has been dead from the beginning.

But that only spoiled that other movie... :)

jt04

That may be. But if I had to evaluate among a new ride at UK (Poppins), using the WoL pavillion again for attractions, adding a new country pavillion, refurbing SSE, Imagination, Seas, etc, Coco is towards the bottom of that list. I still hope it happens someday though.

Anything that does not cause downtime would be great. Poppins, adds in Innoventions, WoL pavillion.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The larger project as-was is dead. The odd change of projection is viable, but again it’s ROI driven.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom