Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

P_Radden

I know lots of folks here would love to go on a WDW tour with @marni1971. Forget Jim Hill, listening to Martin talk about the minutiae of the parks would be total Disney Nerd Crack.

Yes, I'm blowing smoke up your nether, but your videos have been invaluable sources of historical information for everyone.
All he needs is a Guest Relations vest and we're good to go!

geekza

I haven't been able to tell from the few videos I've seen online of the Coco kiosks, but aside from mixing and matching graphical details to create your "afterlife avatar," do they do anything like print out a photo or send a copy to your PhotoPass?

smile

What was the topic again? :p

as penance for my contribution to that, albeit lovely, aside...
allow me to leave this candle as a symbol of hope to all coco fans for whom this overlay would mean so much.

1-tapr_7-1stdone.gif

Biff215

I haven't been able to tell from the few videos I've seen online of the Coco kiosks, but aside from mixing and matching graphical details to create your "afterlife avatar," do they do anything like print out a photo or send a copy to your PhotoPass?
Yep, PhotoPass. The kiosks have no sound, which is strange but maybe it was turned off as not to ruin the feel of that area which is fine. It also seems like the on screen image should move with you when the three pictures are taken, but it doesn’t, resulting in three identical images. So it appears these aren’t working exactly as they were intended, but they’re fun anyway. My kids’ pics:

E209DCD4-CC84-472B-ACB9-0366945E1A38.jpeg
ACFE9052-C8A6-4B4D-95F6-812C03182CA2.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It also seems like the on screen image should move with you when the three pictures are taken, but it doesn’t, resulting in three identical images.

I wondered about that. Everyone who videos this does so in the most annoying way possible, from their POV, instead of videoing someone else doing it. So the camera goes up, down, up, down, up, down... nauseating. And then when the picture comes they all say the same thing, "Umm.. what's supposed to be happening?" As the try to record without movement... which is what you normally try to do when recording. And I wind up screaming at my monitor, "MOVE AROUND YOU IDIOT!!!"

whiterhino42

I finally watched Coco on Netflix a couple weeks ago. It was a beautiful film, one of my favorites from Disney in a really long time. I would love to have a ride in that magical colorful world. I would never want them to replace the volcano inside the pavilion but the ride absolutely....or else give Coco a ride in MK or HS but it deserves one for sure! Yes I realize so do many others but the message of this movie was also special. I think the colorful merchandise may sell better than some think too.

Last edited:

Kman101

I agree. Overlaying Imagination with the characters of Figment and Dreamfinder would be easy. They could even reuse some of the animatronics!

But you guys aren't looking at it from their perspective. It's not "needed". And honestly they have a lot to fix. I think it's a blessing in disguise, personally, that Figment's been held off. But yes, I agree it would be the "easiest" to overlay. But that's what happens when you stagnate, you have to prioritize. It's not seen as a priority even though I wish it was.

Brer Oswald

But you guys aren't looking at it from their perspective. It's not "needed". And honestly they have a lot to fix. I think it's a blessing in disguise, personally, that Figment's been held off. But yes, I agree it would be the "easiest" to overlay. But that's what happens when you stagnate, you have to prioritize. It's not seen as a priority even though I wish it was.
It was a joke post;)

pdude81

Yep, PhotoPass. The kiosks have no sound, which is strange but maybe it was turned off as not to ruin the feel of that area which is fine. It also seems like the on screen image should move with you when the three pictures are taken, but it doesn’t, resulting in three identical images. So it appears these aren’t working exactly as they were intended, but they’re fun anyway. My kids’ pics:

View attachment 304424View attachment 304425
Did you get yours to actually go to your photopass? We did it a few times and it never really when anywhere as far as we can tell. It seemed like the camera only tried to track a face in front of it to open or close mouths but not any arm or head movements. Like you said, it was hard to tell whether it was working right or not

Biff215

Did you get yours to actually go to your photopass? We did it a few times and it never really when anywhere as far as we can tell. It seemed like the camera only tried to track a face in front of it to open or close mouths but not any arm or head movements. Like you said, it was hard to tell whether it was working right or not
Yes, all 3 pics per turn were on our PhotoPass. We scanned our bands before starting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom