Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Bocabear

Yeah I wouldn't say that Coco doesn't have a big potential to sell products like other Pixar and Disney movies. It has the potential for a ride though and a good place to fit it. Neither Avatar nor Ratatouille for example have become great merchandise sellers but they have become absolutely great rides. In regards to Moana the only place that I can see it fit in WDW is in MK's Adventureland and I'm not really fond of that since it would mean another IP ride.
Holy Double negative! So you would say that it does have potential to sell products and merchandise? I was in my local music store and saw a line of Coco branded real guitars for sale...thought that was kind of a neat idea...
Coco is probably the best fir of any IP for the Mexico pavilion....you can literally see how well it would work within the pavilion...and has everything to do with Mexican culture...
Ratatuoille is also a perfect fit...
Wish I could say the same about FEA.... That was an opportunity to get it done in a less expensive way....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah I wouldn't say that Coco doesn't have a big potential to sell products like other Pixar and Disney movies. It has the potential for a ride though and a good place to fit it. Neither Avatar nor Ratatouille for example have become great merchandise sellers but they have become absolutely great rides. In regards to Moana the only place that I can see it fit in WDW is in MK's Adventureland and I'm not really fond of that since it would mean another IP ride.

Avatar was a bit of a reach that turned out well. Rat is s clone from where they speak French. Lots of nuance

JohnyKaz2078

Holy Double negative! So you would say that it does have potential to sell products and merchandise? I was in my local music store and saw a line of Coco branded real guitars for sale...thought that was kind of a neat idea...
Coco is probably the best fir of any IP for the Mexico pavilion....you can literally see how well it would work within the pavilion...and has everything to do with Mexican culture...
Ratatuoille is also a perfect fit...
Wish I could say the same about FEA.... That was an opportunity to get it done in a less expensive way....

Sorry some mispelling there :)

What I wanted to say is: Coco won't probably become a big merchandise seller or leave a significant mark in pop culture but it's an excellent movie (IMO) and has a lot of potential for a ride and the Mexican Pavilion is a good place to build it. I prefer Mary Poppins as opposed to Coco right now (something new is always good) but I wouldn't say no to a revamp of GFT for the 40th anniversary of Epcot. Ratatouille is another great ride (I have been to WDS).

FEA doesn't deserve so much negative attitude. It's a good dark ride that has found a way to inject a huge IP into a park whilst blending with the pavilion. It makes as much sense as Ratatouille in France, Nemo in the Seas and Pandora in DAK. The original Maelstrom was a decent dark ride too but had a disjointed story, little appeal to families and wasn't popular in its last years of operation (UoE kind of thing).
Avatar was a bit of a reach that turned out well. Rat is s clone from where they speak French. Lots of nuance
I know Pandora is successful despite Avatar not being what I said above. I don't really understand what you're trying to say about Ratatouille though.

smile

so, the coco in mexico talk won't die...
good. it's a great idea and those don't die :D

i'll always classify this as such until something more appropriate for the pavilion were to come along, which i don't foresee anytime soon.
but, as has been said, no immediate frozen-y princess push and far bigger fish to fry - thank goodness there's an attraction there already.

Spash007

I wonder how much of this decision hinges on what they are doing at WoL? Epcot struggles to make the case that it is meant for families with younger children, and I feel that would be the angle that the extra investment needed to re-route the queue would be worth it. Ratatouille will obviously help on that front, but if something goes into WoL that is meant for families, and they put in a Mary Poppins UK ride, what really would be the net benefit of a 4th attraction aimed towards families?

To really vary the crowds, the investment in WoL would seem to be more appropriate. Kids go there while adults can rider switch at GoTG, TT and MS. It's more than just the attraction that's the draw, it's the big picture of planning out the day and making that side seem more full. Otherwise, you have this side of FW that is more geared towards adults, that families with young kids may just skip entirely (and then lessen their time in Epcot accordingly). With Mexico being fairly close, the argument could be made that people could go there and FEA, but WoL seems to be the easier solution, especially if it becomes an actual pavilion again.

TwilightZone

Follow the money.
142_6164_ucp.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom