Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

HauntedMansionFLA

To Sir's point....
My bet is the Imagineers were given the task to apply any and all IPs that could fit to help redevelop EPCOT.

Some make sense(regardless of opinion of some, Coco does fit Mexico) and then need.

I assume the issue is Disney isn't going to pay for all these items, so they are picking and choosing what they will spend - especially with the Fox deal pending...

So we have the current choices that are happening:
Rat ride in France
GotG in Energy
New space restaurant
Update to space(already happened)
new restaurant in China
New night time show

What is left to see if they will pay for:
coco or UK - I am with @marni1971 here, I would much rather have UK ride rather than Coco overlay - new is always better
Update to Land
Update to Seas
Spine renewal
update to SSE

My gut says, we will get spine update, we will get UK ...I hope, and probably some minor adds to land and sea
A new ride that adds capacity would be nice. Mary Poppins would be a nice addition to WS. Hopefully the new movie does well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Couldn’t resist :)

The spine entails everything from the monorail station to the lagoon down the middle of the park.

Ccore is part a self contained project, but also part of the spine. This is one of the (many) holdups.

SSE is a separate project. Which I again stress is in its infancy.

So I’m gonna strip that down to “hopefully they fill up innoventions”

😜

JohnyKaz2078

Those numbers increase by the day.

Look at the adjusted gross on box office mojo and recompute. Unfortunately you have to guess about international figures

Here’s the link:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

You’ll see the Disney movies are the classics/heavy hitters from top to bottom.

You’ll also see exactly why Star Wars WAS a big deal...and I use that tense intentionally.

That's true. But from the top 50 animated films adjusted only 6 are aninated and 4 of them are pre-1960 and 1 of them is Universal. That' true when you look at the top 100 where only 15 are animated. That's why I prefer to talk about the real box office rather than the adjusted one.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
How are you feeling about the Spine redo atm? I know the plans practically change by the week, but are they on the right track? @marni1971
So I’m gonna strip that down to “hopefully they fill up innoventions”

😜

So many proposals. Keep. Keep half. Remove. Rebuild.

Currently I think they’re favouring keep half. Personally I really liked the keep all and drastically remodel from three years ago.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
pyhtz.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's true. But from the top 50 animated films adjusted only 6 are aninated and 4 of them are pre-1960 and 1 of them is Universal. That' true when you look at the top 100 where only 15 are animated. That's why I prefer to talk about the real box office rather than the adjusted one.

But the real box office numbers don’t point to longterm recognition/viability. And that’s Disney’s thing.

Little mermaid premiered in 1989...we had rides installed in 3 parks 2008-10.

Beauty and the beast 1991...restraurants slapped in Orlando 2010.

Toy story - 1995 - being added over the last decade.

With very few exceptions - you gotta wait at least 10 years.

Rides are used to push product and build brand loyalty...in the longterm.

Spash007

So many proposals. Keep. Keep half. Remove. Rebuild.

Currently I think they’re favouring keep half. Personally I really liked the keep all and drastically remodel from three years ago.

Can you let us know which half? I'm hoping it would either be the front or back half, and not a weird instance where they keep East and get rid of West (or vice versa).

The Empress Lilly

We never had them here in the US, so I just found out about their existence a few years ago. That computer range seemed to have had quite an impact on UK folks of a certain age.
It was mostly Sinclair and the more expensive auntie Beeb in Britain/Europe. More than Commodore, which dominated in America. (I think?)

A great experimental era for home computing, before Microsoft ran PC's swept the board.

I loved my BBC micro's, I wasted a youth on playing with them. I wrote my own games!

Edit: you can download an emulator and see what they were about. Try 'Elite'!

geekza

It was mostly Sinclair and the more expensive auntie Beeb in Britain/Europe. More than Commodore, which dominated in America. (I think?)

A great experimental era for home computing, before Microsoft ran PC's swept the board.

I loved my BBC micro's, I wasted a youth on playing with them. I wrote my own games!
Commodore 64's were definitely the prominent home computer at the time, but they were barely computers. They were mostly gaming consoles that made you work harder to start up the programs. Still, you could learn BASIC on them if you were so inclined.

The Empress Lilly

Can you let us know which half? I'm hoping it would either be the front or back half, and not a weird instance where they keep East and get rid of West (or vice versa).
I wish they would keep the CC buildings. Restored, opened up again. They make for perfect covered walkways, and work fine as space for m&g's, shops and restaurants. (Not holding my breath for a return of exhilarating exhibits....)

DisneyFan18

Yeah...except none of that is indicative of the long term viability of an investment with an upfront bill and long term operational costs...
I know, and I didn’t mean it in that way, my point is that winning that proved that at least at the moment the movie has impacted people and gotten fans, it might not indicate long term viability, that will be measured by the popularity of the Annual Coco/Day of the Dead Celebrations that will happen in different resorts.

And I agree, at the moment, I prefer the UK project to happen, and postpone Coco to mid 2020s, as that would let the Nostalgia grow, and maybe even let them look at the project in a bigger scope with no need to cut the budget at some point due to other investments. I just hope that they improve the screen integration into the story of the attraction, it’s one of the things that bother me with the current Three Caballeros ride...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom