Pixar Place Questions

hollywood studio is a half day

While I won't post the link across multiple threads, we discussed this on this week's podcast. Part of the problem with this area is that it wasn't originally designed to be an area where guests would walk. Adding another major attraction in this area, even if it's around the corner would result in huge congestion that the area can't handle. It's different than Sunset Boulevard in that there's more space to work with in that area.

One easy change I would like to see is a temporary rope queue set up for TSMM Fastpasses every morning in the area to the right of the Fastpass location. It may require moving the Fastpass machines, but if guests can get in one line, and it's out of the way of the rest of the traffic on that street it would be incredibly helpful. It's not difficult to put up temporary ropes - it's done daily for parades. Just set them up for the first hour+ that the park is open and it will help ease congestion.

i have 2 say .. H.S needs some more added attractions and updates, the great movie ride is outdated and boring need something else in there, indiana jones is same old same old. wouldnt mind seeing that gone. not relevant anymore. and how about the muppet movie 3 d i mean its over 20 years of same movie. now would be a good time to update movie with disney FINALLY letting muppets out of dungen, with a new MUPPET MOVIE in december. the best thing in park . is the new star tours and toy story mania. but its only a half day park . the parade isnt worth staying for ANYMORE . since they short changed it. and rush it through. i agree animal kingdom had always been lacking. i dont even bother with it not worth the effort to park hop for so little.. half of what good at A.K. was ripped off from BUSCH GARDENS.

hollywood studio is a half day

i have 2 say .. H.S needs some more added attractions and updates, the great movie ride is outdated and boring need something else in there, indiana jones is same old same old. wouldnt mind seeing that gone. not relevant anymore. and how about the muppet movie 3 d i mean its over 20 years of same movie. now would be a good time to update movie with disney FINALLY letting muppets out of dungen, with a new MUPPET MOVIE in december. the best thing in park . is the new star tours and toy story mania. but its only a half day park . the parade isnt worth staying for ANYMORE . since they short changed it. and rush it through. i agree animal kingdom had always been lacking. i dont even bother with it not worth the effort to park hop for so little.. half of what good at A.K. was ripped off from BUSCH GARDENS.

Considering that Pixar Place, at the moment, is fairly shorthanded when it comes to attractions how exactly does it plan to expand.

Are there any plans at the moment for an additional attraction if it does become feasible?

Also, where exactly can they expand the area into? There doesn't look to be enough room and I can only guess that they would have to move into the Backlot area.

Jasonflz

Original Poster
One of my biggest complaints (regarding DHS) is the fact that they have allowed as many stale attractions to continue operation.

Sounds Dangerous, The "Narnia" Tour, and Playhouse Disney Live* are all seriously outdated and are in good need of either refurbishment or demolishment.

*PDL is a small exception considering that the programming block is still fairly popular, but half of those shows aren't even on television anymore.

RSoxNo1

One of my biggest complaints (regarding DHS) is the fact that they have allowed as many stale attractions to continue operation.

Sounds Dangerous, The "Narnia" Tour, and Playhouse Disney Live* are all seriously outdated and are in good need of either refurbishment or demolishment.

*PDL is a small exception considering that the programming block is still fairly popular, but half of those shows aren't even on television anymore.

I was corrected on my own forums earlier today. Playhouse Disney has been updated to Disney Junior Live

RAXIP

Interesting, when did this occur?

February 2011

DSCN3095.JPG

Yodadudeman

An addition to Pixar Place would be excellent!! And making it a coaster? That would just be phenomenal. However, I really think that the money should be spent on Animal Kingdom before an addition is made to Hollywood Studio. Either way though, Im not going to complain. Lets hope that some of these rumors actually materialize into real expansions.

erasure fan1

An addition to Pixar Place would be excellent!! And making it a coaster? That would just be phenomenal. However, I really think that the money should be spent on Animal Kingdom before an addition is made to Hollywood Studio. Either way though, Im not going to complain. Lets hope that some of these rumors actually materialize into real expansions.

Yea I agree, AK is my number 1 vote for any park additions. While I wont complain either if they said tomorrow "2 new E-tickets for the studios!" I just feel Animal Kingdom could be one of the greatest parks of all time if they just gave it the attention it SHOULD get and deserves to get.

wdwfan4ver

Yea I agree, AK is my number 1 vote for any park additions. While I wont complain either if they said tomorrow "2 new E-tickets for the studios!" I just feel Animal Kingdom could be one of the greatest parks of all time if they just gave it the attention it SHOULD get and deserves to get.

I agree that AK needs more attractions, but I don't agree with the studios getting 2 more E-tickets right now. There should only be one more E-ticket attraction for DHS instead of 2 since the park already has 3 E-ticket rides. Pixar does need an E-ticket ride, but the park itself needs more C or D ticket rides.

The Studios need a couple more C or D ticket rides as one of the ways to fix the crowds at Toy Story Mania. Toy Story Mania is one of a very small amount rides at DHS that is for the whole family and is one of the reasons for the long lines.

E-Tickets are wonderful, but those type of rides now days are thrill rides for the most part. That is an issue because thrill rides don't fix the Toy Story Midway Mania problem since thrill rides is made for the whole family.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Radical idea? A thrill E and family D for the studios, and the same for DAK.

Remember E dosn`t need to be multi inversion...

Jasonflz

Original Poster
Everyone's biggest complaint of DAK (aside from the obvious lack of rides) is that it is only a half day park.

The only way I can see them fixing this is by adding an entire new land to the park.

Also, just to throw this out there, I would love to see a WOC style show on the lagoon. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom