Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I know people cross the tram path now, just seems like a staffing position they would have tried to eliminate as currently there is always a cast member monitoring the crossings location
The path is going to be open to guest flow no matter whether from the elevators or not, as seen by the open walkway with no walls. So there is likely going to be a CM monitoring that area anyways.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So to finish this question of the elevators and the tram path.

So we have two sets of elevators, one closest to the current tram path and one closest to Magic Way.

From the information from DLR>WDW we know that the elevator closest to Magic Way will bring guests to the 2nd floor for bridge access.

And now based on this image from today's Fresh Baked video we can see that the elevator closest to the current tram path opens out to the "courtyard" area. Red is the tram path going under the escalator hub, and yellow is the elevators, showing opening out.

elevators2-png.374868

So there you have it, the tram will be going underneath the escalator hub and no guests will be crossing its path. Also its interesting to note that there are 3 elevator bays, not 2. So there will be plenty of elevators for the new parking structure.

I hope that answers all your questions on the tram path and elevators @mm121 :)

Attachments

• elevators2.png
    elevators2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 457

Ismael Flores

So we have two sets of elevators, one closest to the current tram path and one closest to Magic Way.

From the information from DLR>WDW we know that the elevator closest to Magic Way will bring guests to the 2nd floor for bridge access.

And now based on this image from today's Fresh Baked video we can see that the elevator closest to the current tram path opens out to the "courtyard" area. Red is the tram path going under the escalator hub, and yellow is the elevators, showing opening out.

elevators2-png.374868

So there you have it, the tram will be going underneath the escalator hub and no guests will be crossing its path. Also its interesting to note that there are 3 elevator bays, not 2. So there will be plenty of elevators for the new parking structure.

I still think they should have added Ikea style elevators. Now those elevators are huge and two of those would be like four of these :)

mm121

elevators2-png.374868

I wasn't necessarily doubting, just hadn't seen these photos before.

The main thing with have two not go all the way to the bottom is they definitely need to be sure to properly label them so people wont get confused and then have to get off on 2 just to have to board the other set to get to the bottom.

Definitely a wise design decision to have them open out into the courtyard.

Kinda makes me wonder if the second 2 were kind of a later decision as the current garage only has two, though they have announced their adding more.

I still think they should have added Ikea style elevators. Now those elevators are huge and two of those would be like four of these :)

Yea that would have been nice, maybe could done them in glass too. That would have made them a more exciting experience to decend down to the plaza.

mm121

Great overview of the new area.
Guessing we wont have views into the area like this for long, feels like a security risk to have it all open like this from Mickey and friends.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I wasn't necessarily doubting, just hadn't seen these photos before.

The main thing with have two not go all the way to the bottom is they definitely need to be sure to properly label them so people wont get confused and then have to get off on 2 just to have to board the other set to get to the bottom.

Definitely a wise design decision to have them open out into the courtyard.

Kinda makes me wonder if the second 2 were kind of a later decision as the current garage only has two, though they have announced their adding more.

Yea that would have been nice, maybe could done them in glass too. That would have made them a more exciting experience to decend down to the plaza.
I don't think there is any reason to question, they will be labeled. However people being people will still board the wrong ones anyways.

Also as far as I remember it was always planned to have multiple sets of elevators in order to handle the increase in guests. It just wasn't known publicly where exactly where they were going to be located.

Darkbeer1

It’ll be completed no later than by July.

Well, probably not the pedestrian bridge part. While dirt has been moved in the DTD lot for the south end ramp and pathways, still a lot to do. No middle support is needed, so it can be built off site and just put into place. But a lot of prep work on each side is needed first.

RescueTheDay

Well, probably not the pedestrian bridge part. While dirt has been moved in the DTD lot for the south end ramp and pathways, still a lot to do. No middle support is needed, so it can be built off site and just put into place. But a lot of prep work on each side is needed first.
My comment is just regarding the structure.

Old Mouseketeer

Yep that is what I'm thinking. If they can push it they might be able to get the main structure opened by the end of June just in time for the public non-reservation opening of GE. It'll be close....

My thoughts exactly. Looking at where they are in the most recent videos, I'm starting to think that the June 24th date for open entry to SW:GE may be less about managing crowds and more about managing parking. And in that light, it appears all the more astute on Disney management's part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom