Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

Darkbeer1

Yep, like they actually know exactly what they are doing.

If they knew what they were doing, Pumbaa would have been built, the new security check would be open, along with the bridge. The current Transportation Plaza would be closed are demo would be happening.

The 4th Hotel would have been built on the original site, not forced south and voiding the rebate agreement. RotR would be part of the CM previews, etc....

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If they knew what they were doing, Pumbaa would have been built, the new security check would be open, along with the bridge. The current Transportation Plaza would be closed are demo would be happening.

The 4th Hotel would have been built on the original site, not forced south and voiding the rebate agreement. RotR would be part of the CM previews, etc....
I was partially being sarcastic. If it comes close that Pixar Pals opens right around the June 24th GE non-reservation period it just means they can push a project to at least be partial completed by a certain date.

Darkbeer1

I was partially being sarcastic. If it comes close that Pixar Pals opens right around the June 24th GE non-reservation period it just means they can push a project to at least be partial completed by a certain date.

Well, how is that Manchester CM Lot going... Drove by it today, still a lot of work to be done. The Toy Story/Bullseye Lot still has work to be done.

I bet the CM's can't wait to have to check their App before heading to work, just to do where to park, and how early they need to leave.

Just wait until the lucky CM's get the "Park at Angel Stadium", or "Park at Honda Center" directions. It will just make their day!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well, how is that Manchester CM Lot going... Drove by it today, still a lot of work to be done. The Toy Story/Bullseye Lot still has work to be done.

I bet the CM's can't wait to have to check their App before heading to work, just to do where to park, and how early they need to leave.

Just wait until the lucky CM's get the "Park at Angel Stadium", or "Park at Honda Center" directions. It will just make their day!
It’ll be an interesting summer for sure...

jmuboy

when Will toy story and Manchester lots be done? Anymore updates on the Eastern parking deck? Holding out hope we still get the parking deck there. Then - maybe then - the parking insanity may finally start to subside ( for guests and CMs)

Darkbeer1

when Will toy story and Manchester lots be done? Anymore updates on the Eastern parking deck? Holding out hope we still get the parking deck there. Then - maybe then - the parking insanity may finally start to subside ( for guests and CMs)

Disney has come up with a minorly redesigned Eastern Gateway plan, and is waiting for a good time (politically) to submit it to the city's Planning Commission.

And Pummba is a nice bandaid, it will not fix the issues, they will still be thousands short, mainly in the CM department.

As for the Manchester CM Lot, you can see work being done, the area is pretty flat, but parking curbing (very important, needed to retain water for environmental laws), then lighting, fencing, gates, etc. At least a month.

Toy Story is closest, they have been working on the minor changes needed.

socalifornian

Disney has come up with a minorly redesigned Eastern Gateway plan, and is waiting for a good time (politically) to submit it to the city's Planning Commission.

And Pummba is a nice bandaid, it will not fix the issues, they will still be thousands short, mainly in the CM department.

As for the Manchester CM Lot, you can see work being done, the area is pretty flat, but parking curbing (very important, needed to retain water for environmental laws), then lighting, fencing, gates, etc. At least a month.

Toy Story is closest, they have been working on the minor changes needed.
Is there a plan to build a parking garage on the CM Harbor lot? Doesn’t sound like they were very proactive on the CM parking front. Guests first I guess

NobodyElse

Ah, remember when this was the CM lot?

And now an honestly curious question. When CM's are asked to park at the sports venues, do they get any sort of compensation for the extra "travel time"?

Darkbeer1

Is there a plan to build a parking garage on the CM Harbor lot? Doesn’t sound like they were very proactive on the CM parking front. Guests first I guess
They have plans, either a full build, or one done in halves. But once again, will need city approval, and then when to place CM cars during construction, so a timing issue, one piece of the overall plan.

Old Mouseketeer

You left out building a parking structure on the Harbor CM Lot. I would also add not shoehorning Indy next to Pirates in a way that pushed the Pirates queue all the way up to Mansion on a regular (not occasional) basis. And don't get me started on Tomorrowland or their poor choices for land usage at DCA. GRRrrrr...

socalifornian

You left out building a parking structure on the Harbor CM Lot. I would also add not shoehorning Indy next to Pirates in a way that pushed the Pirates queue all the way up to Mansion on a regular (not occasional) basis. And don't get me started on Tomorrowland or their poor choices for land usage at DCA. GRRrrrr...
Would’ve been nice if they built some kind of attraction into the GRR mountain. Is it true that something was cut?

Old Mouseketeer

Would’ve been nice if they built some kind of attraction into the GRR mountain. Is it true that something was cut?

I don't have any original info on that (my Bothans are only human, or humanoid, or whatever Bothans are). I probably only know as much as you might from online forums like this. There are rumors of animatronics being cut, but I've never heard anything directly, myself. Perhaps someone else has more detail to add.

P.S. I wasn't thinking when I wrote "GRRrrr..." about GRR being Grizzly River Run. Ooops!

Old Mouseketeer

Ah, remember when this was the CM lot?
View attachment 376583

And now an honestly curious question. When CM's are asked to park at the sports venues, do they get any sort of compensation for the extra "travel time"?

I totally remember parking there back in the day. It was a very different world.

From what I've heard, all CMs get a small per diem on any day CM parking is redirected. The redirection is the consequence of an agreement with the city to provide convention center parking at Toy Story Lot on days when there are selected large conventions. I think it may be related to the temporary zoning variance that allows parking there.

Old Mouseketeer

Actually, parking, whether generally designated as guest or CM, is somewhat fungible. For example, parts of Katella CM Lot are repurposed for guest parking when CMs are moved to Honda or Angels, CMs can be routed from Ball Lot into M&F, and Pumbaa goes back and forth between uses. I have a friend who works there who complains about this endlessly. None of the CMs I know like it.

Generally, they have not been proactive on parking at all. The have been incredibly reactive.

socalifornian

Actually, parking, whether generally designated as guest or CM, is somewhat fungible. For example, parts of Katella CM Lot are repurposed for guest parking when CMs are moved to Honda or Angels, CMs can be routed from Ball Lot into M&F, and Pumbaa goes back and forth between uses. I have a friend who works there who complains about this endlessly. None of the CMs I know like it.

Generally, they have not been proactive on parking at all. The have been incredibly reactive.
Man. Just yesterday a WDW friend was telling me that DHS and DAK CMs sometimes have to be bussed in from a separate lot for each. To have pretty much any major lot near DLR be fair game tho? That sounds so much worse

RescueTheDay

I totally remember parking there back in the day. It was a very different world.

From what I've heard, all CMs get a small per diem on any day CM parking is redirected. The redirection is the consequence of an agreement with the city to provide convention center parking at Toy Story Lot on days when there are selected large conventions. I think it may be related to the temporary zoning variance that allows parking there.
They receive nothing extra for having to be redirected.

Darkbeer1

And the worst part, they keep making plans and checking with the city to see if they would be any issues if they follow through with it. And most times, the issues have been small and easy to fix. But then, the plans are never submitted.....

DUMB!!!!

Old Mouseketeer

They receive nothing extra for having to be redirected.

I checked with a friend one of my rebel spies who works in a job covered by the Master Services Contract and they said they do get some pittance on mandatory re-direct days (they thought it was $2-3) and it shows up as a separate line item on their paycheck stub. They said it hadn't happened in a while or at least not on a day they worked. I reached out to a couple of people, but only heard back from the one (I don't have as many close friends at the resort as I used to--in fact another one just retired).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom