Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

tonymu

Premium Member
I guess those that park and want to walk, that do not happen to park on the 2nd level, will have to either take the stairs or elevator in the garage to the second level to use the bridge over Magic Way or will end up taking either one or two escalators down to the ground level, to then have to take the escalator at the end back up to the second level.

Darkbeer1

I guess those that park and want to walk, that do not happen to park on the 2nd level, will have to either take the stairs or elevator in the garage to the second level to use the bridge over Magic Way or will end up taking either one or two escalators down to the ground level, to then have to take the escalator at the end back up to the second level.
Correct. And those who use M&F also either need to use the 2nd level sidewalk on the east side, or if on the ground level, walk to the escalators for PP.

mickEblu

As someone who has a toddler/ Stroller the escalators sound like the way to go.

mickEblu

Please No! The safety of those in the strollers and those who could be hurt by the strollers falling down the escalators, either use the elevators, or if you are parked on the second level, just used the marked sidewalks/paths.

Thank you!

I don’t have him in the stroller. So far I’m 100/100. I like my odds.

BubbaQuest

Bioreconstruct:
D6CKgV8UcAAWlqx.jpg:large

I'm confused. How do you get from the new stairs/escalators to the tram loading area? Are you going to have to walk across the tram road or is there going to be a new loading area on the outside of the loop?

Darkbeer1

I'm confused. How do you get from the new stairs/escalators to the tram loading area? Are you going to have to walk across the tram road or is there going to be a new loading area on the outside of the loop?

You go down to the ground floor from either structure. In the plaza between the two structures will be the queues for the Security Check, then the individual queues for the rows of the trams. No crossing the tram road is needed. They are going back to the original design. The trams on the east side of the plaza will drop off guests. Then make the U-Turn to enter the structure. You then load just inside the building (West end of the plaza), and it exits at the original crossing under Disneyland Drive,

mm121

Here's a better look. Screenshot courtesy of Fresh Baked.

View attachment 374104
While I know this is a prevailing theory.

I don't think its correct since this puts the tram going between where the 4 elevator doors are on the ground level.

This theory was fine when it was thought there would only be 2 elevators with the possibility that they'd be pass through elevators where you enter on one side and exit on the other.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
While I know this is a prevailing theory.

I don't think its correct since this puts the tram going between where the 4 elevator doors are on the ground level.

This theory was fine when it was thought there would only be 2 elevators with the possibility that they'd be pass through elevators where you enter on one side and exit on the other.
This has basically been confirmed as the path when they did the presentation for the bridge as shown here:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I know we've seen it that way but then how are any of the 4 elevators actually usable.

This path puts 4 elevators with there doors leading right out in the middle of the tram path.
You're making an assumption.

There is a wall separating the elevator bay and the tram path as shown here:

tram2.png

Red shows elevator bay with wall separator, and yellow shows the tram path.

Here is another picture from another angle:

mm121

You're making an assumption.

There is a wall separating the elevator bay and the tram path as shown here:

View attachment 374145

Red shows elevator bay with wall separator, and yellow shows the tram path.

Here is another picture from another angle:

View attachment 374147
Hadn't seen that angle. That seems totally weird.

So basically those 2 elevators are only emergency use or people will be forced to exit on level two and then use the new bridge and walk.

Mac Tonight

So basically those 2 elevators are only emergency use or people will be forced to exit on level two and then use the new bridge and walk.
Or they could cross the tram path when the tram isn't moving like people do currently if they wanna walk from M&F to the parks. We're not talking about trying to cross the 405 freeway here.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

We don't know all the elevator logistics just yet. But we do know the tram path and the positioning of the elevators.

There can be many things that can be done, including guests walking across the tram path when trams aren't present. Or could be they have to get off on the 2nd floor and then use the escalator or the bridge.

We'll find out in the next month or two as Disney releases more details when it opens.

mm121

Or they could cross the tram path when the tram isn't moving like people do currently if they wanna walk from M&F to the parks. We're not talking about trying to cross the 405 freeway here.
I know people cross the tram path now, just seems like a staffing position they would have tried to eliminate as currently there is always a cast member monitoring the crossings location

Mac Tonight

I know people cross the tram path now, just seems like a staffing position they would have tried to eliminate as currently there is always a cast member monitoring the crossings location
Hey, crossing location CM's have families too!!

I'm just messing with you. It is a weird layout. I always envisioned the tram going completely around the circle and back into the structure just west of where those south elevators would be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom