Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

Ismael Flores

I hope for the straightest path to Downtown Disney. That’s a long walk, but it’ll seem shorter if there’s more to see. I wonder why they haven’t reopened the Rainforest Cafe. It’ll be a good stroller locker.

That walk would be a much nicer walk if they would just remove the rainforest building and consider expanding DTD south in that area. They could have had integrated the path into an expanded entertainment area.
They probably could have gone with their previous idea and built the hotel there as well and just have the bottom floor be the main pathway with eateries and shops lining both sides.

Ismael Flores

The dirt path matched up with what I said earlier, closest to the Structure on the Southern Edge of Magic Way will be a long, ADA friendly ramp, and then a wide sidewalk on the edge of the parking lot towards the Monorail Station, then the turn west to the current Security Check located between the former Rainforest Cafe and ESPN Zone.

As for the view, vegitation on both sides of the sidewalk, and views of a LOT of vehicles on both sides.

Darkbeer, I'm guesisng that once the pathway is done many of those parking slots will return right? seems kind of funny that everytime they make alterations to add more parking spots they remove a few dozen more. I'm still trying to figur out how many they lost when they moved the tram security area around near the mickey and friend structure. first they removed several hundred when they rerouted the indoor path then they removed a few hundred more when they removed them from the large vehicle parking lot then they removed even more when they again changed the security area and now half of this parking lot is raised

DLR>WDW

OK, just had a text chat. I forgot, and the news is NOT good.

If you plan to stay until near closing, I strongly recommend using the Toy Story Lot. Between using the current trams, with no additions, and now the way to PP, you will be screwed..

The answer to exiting Pixar Pier, drive on the same level to the M&F exit ramp, and leave... Oh, the joy of being forced onto the Ball Road bypass ramp and straight to the I-5. Good for the residents, frustration for DLR drivers!
A9094680-16FA-43BB-9D77-E13013968BB1.jpeg

Green - Structure entrance paths
Yellow- Peak hours vehicle loading route
Red - Exit route

Is this what you expect them to do? Makes sense, but what’s the point of the secondary vehicle crossing bridge on the west end of the structure? Is it for during afternoon/evening times when they just let cars roam free to look for a spot?

(Photo from @Bioreconstruct)

DLR>WDW

Wait, the ramp alongside Pixar Pals IS an exit after all. Look at the directional arrows painted on the ground; it’s clearly an exit. The only question is, where does it feed to? Does the route make a u-turn and head towards the ball road bypass bridge?
C749E0F5-D5B5-49C5-A2C6-12D7F269B7BB.jpeg

(Photo via Bioreconstruct)

180º

Wait, the ramp alongside Pixar Pals IS an exit after all. Look at the directional arrows painted on the ground; it’s clearly an exit. The only question is, where does it feed to? Does the route make a u-turn and head towards the ball road bypass bridge?
View attachment 370635
View attachment 370635
Nope.

9717D868-12DC-4E17-A4F3-B26F33B411F3.jpeg

I drew in some more arrows to explain, but it looks identical to the set up at Mickey and Friends.

SuddenStorm

This new car park has turned out great. The scale is so massive it just takes your breath away when you see it.

The new immersive Pixar Pals™ Parking experience will transport guests from the I-5 Freeway to a multi level parking destination that provides easy access to all of Disneyland Resort™ amenities including 1.5 immersive themed parks, a high end and high price dining and shopping district, and a complimentary tram ride experience. Park on any of your favorite Pixar™ pals including Mr Incredible, Nemo, and Woody.

Darkbeer1

The new immersive Pixar Pals™ Parking experience will transport guests from the I-5 Freeway to a multi level parking destination that provides easy access to all of Disneyland Resort™ amenities including 1.5 immersive themed parks, a high end and high price dining and shopping district, and a complimentary tram ride experience. Park on any of your favorite Pixar™ pals including Mr Incredible, Nemo, and Woody.

Just don't try and leave!

VJ

Disneyland® Resort is actually a registered trademark. ;)

Old Mouseketeer

And only two new elevators on the South Side, And the awful traffic flow of parking East to West, which creates guests trying walk to the esclators, blocking the cars trying to park. Oh, the complaints I see coming.

Toy Story, use ART or OCTA, Uber/Lyft, etc. Just avoid the Parking Structure at all costs.

If you drive to the parks on I-5 South, go to Disney Way, left on Harbor to Convention Way, another left to Toy Story.

Let others find the Joys of the M&F/PP combo, and just watch social media and the slew of "love letters" they will post in regards to their wonderful experience at the Structures.

No, I think it's four elevators--two per each shaft structure. If you compare the size of the M&F shaft structure with the PP structures it looks like PP is bigger and the North structure (nearer to the camera) might even have three elevators. Also there is a permit for adding another elevator to M&F.

Last edited:

Old Mouseketeer

Those are the new entrance ramps. Two ramps to go up, one set to leave....

Are we sure about that? Isn't it more likely that the new PP ramp could be reversible--at least for closing. Just as they limit when you can enter M&F versus being redirected to Toy Story or the change in direction on the Ball Rd. overpass. It looks to me like their overall plan is flexibility, including where they park CMs. It sounds more plausible to me that after a certain time in the afternoon they might serve both structures from the M&F entry ramp and use both the M&F exit ramp AND the PP ramp for exiting.

This has some complexities I can't address without knowing more details, but I would be concerned if they were depending on the existing exit ramp exclusively. If, as many assume, there will be an entry into PP from Magic Way, couldn't there also be an exit path. I assume the path from Disney Way through the South side of DCA with be reversible to and from PP via Disneyland Drive.

These are, of course, my inferences. I could be full of hot air. Wouldn't be the first time. YMMV.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah, I saw that in a fresh baked video but didn’t post it yet. The plans really made it look like it as attached to the side next to circular psrt
Actually I think you misinterpreted the plans.

If you go back and look at that image the top portion shows two circular areas, one dark and one lighter just to the left, this is to show elevation and the different levels of the hub. The bridge is shown connecting to the lighter circular part in the left.

mm121

New video

Not sure anyone else noticed, but they definitely changed the position of the escalators leading to level 6 from 5 and 4 from 3. The concept art showed them on the other side closer to the southern road, but the moved them to the northern side up against the plaza.

Not sure why, it definitely looked better the other way in the concept art,

Disney Irish

Premium Member
New video

Not sure anyone else noticed, but they definitely changed the position of the escalators leading to level 6 from 5 and 4 from 3. The concept art showed them on the other side closer to the southern road, but the moved them to the northern side up against the plaza.

Not sure why, it definitely looked better the other way in the concept art,

Things will always be slightly different from concept art to real life, so positioning might be slightly different as well. But I'm not sure what you mean, as far as I can tell the concept art is fairly accurate to what is being constructed as far as positioning.

Can you provide an image of what you mean?

mm121

The glass covering the stairs looks nice.

Would be nice to see them renovate the side of Mickey and friends to give it similar features to make the two garages more cohesive

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The glass covering the stairs looks nice.

Would be nice to see them renovate the side of Mickey and friends to give it similar features to make the two garages more cohesive
I personally like them unique, giving each personality and not make it seem like it’s just one big structure but rather two combined.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom