Pixar overlay of Universe of Energy - Supply me a rope?

Club Cooloholic

I think it is all fine and good to have cartoons tied to rides, but at Epcot, it just doesn't seem nessasary. I think it's way cooler when they get something completly fresh, create a character out of the ride, no put an already established one in it. Jack Sparrow grew from POTC not the other way around.

shoppingnut

I think it is all fine and good to have cartoons tied to rides, but at Epcot, it just doesn't seem nessasary. I think it's way cooler when they get something completly fresh, create a character out of the ride, no put an already established one in it. Jack Sparrow grew from POTC not the other way around.

Totally agree. I'm a little tired of cartoons taking over the rides, e.g., mexico. Look at how figment is such a great character and he's not from cartoons/movies. How about some imagination being exerted instead of taking the lazy way out.

plutoismyhero

More people need to think like that including the younger ones. I think the best way to go in an EPCOT mindframe is to make it new and original with a new and original character, if this was at MK or DSH( no clue why it would be) it would be remade with a character you cant do that in EPCOT it is just not something that EPCOT should do

aladdin2007

If Universe of Energy ever does get a redo or refurb I hope it isnt the same team that worked on Mexico, Imagination, or SSE. I dont know why but the park continues to have a poor design team in place or something. I guess its the Fitzgerald crew? MK changes are done so well why does Epcot get such poor updates and changes.

DDAY

About the universe of energy ride

I personally think that there is nothing wrong with the ride itself. Moreless it needs a revamp. I tend to lean more to the nostaglic side of Disney. I really hated it when they took out the World of Motion ride and I would hate it if they took out this ride to turn it into a Miley Cyrus exhibit or something like that. Add a little change to the ride fine, a complete overhaul to it No!:mad: I love what they did to the Spaceship Earth ride pretty much kept it the same but added new techonolgies to it.:D

burninup4nick

I think it sounds like a pretty good idea myself....it would draw little kids and their 925families to the attraction but it would also still be educational and the type of attraction adults would want to see. in my oppinion a great idea :)

Unplugged

The entire attraction needs an update. Petroleum is on the way out. If this showcase is to represent energy of tomorrow for the area it's in, it needs to present some exciting new information on the latest technologies. Petroleum is not necessarily "fossil" fuel anyway, so the dino link is an obsolete theory.

New topics:

• Hydrogen
  • Fusion
  • Solar (ground based)
  • Wind
  • Orbital Solar with Microwave ground transfer
There is so much Disney can do with the topic to bring it up to date. Oh well, it won't be happening anytime soon with all the projects currently underway.

I'm not sure why today's little kids always need to be catered to with with Pixar characters. When I was little, I loved Universe of Energy. I still think the giant room with the dinosaurs is sweet. And the Bill Nye parts are so 1990s dated that they're still good for a couple chuckles each ride. It would be pretty sweet if they put back in the original Energy songs.

The concept of the ride isn't dated at all - we're still using fossil fuels and we're still hardly using wind and solar power.

And regardless of whether or not the dinosaurs are energy accurate, "they're just cool!" as Bill Nye puts it. :)

ejeremy98

a character overlay is a nightmarish scenario.

all they need to do is the following:

- update the host
- update the content to the 21st century
- add some new visuals, lighting, and sounds that aren't from the 80s
- tighten up the timing so we're out in a half hour
- make us inspired about the future of alternative energy

done.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sadly their are no plans as of yet to do anything to the Energy pavilion. Imag will be next, TT will get some TLC, SSE will be completed.

Ellen was fun for a while, is still enjoyable, but a waste of the infrastructure.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sadly their are no plans as of yet to do anything to the Energy pavilion. Imag will be next, TT will get some TLC, SSE will be completed.

Ellen was fun for a while, is still enjoyable, but a waste of the infrastructure.
Is it even on the radar or is management just hoping that a sink hole will swallow it?

EPCOT Explorer

I get your idea, and if Ellen and Bill Nuy were not doing it already... I'd say go for it. It would probably be funny, but I think a new and orginal show is needed. UoE is one of the last remaining Future World pavillions that has not been completely made-over and has served as a great place to run to during hot sunny days. But the show is in need of some original polishing. And for a current events tie-in energy is at the forefront of many folks minds.

No real knock on the Ellen and Bill Nuy presentation. It is not completely outdated, but most of the ride-through show is dated. It is still cute... but its lifecycle is drawing to a close.

Maybe this is something to shoot at for the 30th EPCOT anniversary?

That comes after 2011's MK 40th...It would be SO easy for them to make the 40th a two year celebration to include the EPCOT 30th.;)

Now that's a great idea. It should go backward up a hill in the dark. You'd get just a brief, terrifying glimpse of Ellen without the long Jeopardy dream.
Why even have Ellen?I'm saying that a new ride could put YOU in the relm of the dinosaurs to create and capture the new energy...Maybe even make it interactive?Give guests some way to interact with their "energetic" surroundings.

The "solar catcher" from the original ride concept stands out to me.Why not give each rider a hand held "catcher" and as they ride through try to catch energy...At the end of the ride they get to see what the energy they cought does.

I dunno.

Just brainstorming here.

:sohappy:

Most excellent...What is this TT upgrade you speak of?:D

aladdin2007

That sounds good, those def need attention before Energy. I know Energy is somewhat long and some are tired of Ellen etc, but it is nice as is and is nowhere near in need of a makeover or touchups like the others mentioned above. Energy does need to be updated with updated topics on energy and fuel etc etc but hopefully they wont massacre it like Imagination. I love the sound of this: SSE will be completed.

Susan Savia

I like 'Energy' just the way it is. For the most part, I hate to see things changed (like Spaceship Earth). I wish we still had Horizons, World of Transportation and the original Imagination. They were fun just they way they were...:lookaroun

Next Trip - January 2009

EPCOT Explorer

I like 'Energy' just the way it is. For the most part, I hate to see things changed (like Spaceship Earth). I wish we still had Horizons, World of Transportation and the original Imagination. They were fun just they way they were...:lookaroun

Next Trip - January 2009
I think you mean World of Motion...But yeah, I'm with you.:D

That sounds good, those def need attention before Energy. I know Energy is somewhat long and some are tired of Ellen etc, but it is nice as is and is nowhere near in need of a makeover or touchups like the others mentioned above. Energy does need to be updated with updated topics on energy and fuel etc etc but hopefully they wont massacre it like Imagination. I love the sound of this: SSE will be completed.
I know...Music to the ears,huh?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is it even on the radar or is management just hoping that a sink hole will swallow it?
Very distant radar. Too far to think about. The sinkhole has been kept at bay for a quarter century so I don`t think it`s much of a worry ;)
Most excellent...What is this TT upgrade you speak of?
Just some tender loving care...

SirGoofy

I love the longer attractions.
I really wish they would make more of them.:)

Here's to hoping the extend JII back to it's original length, or at least close to it.

Also, any idea how long Mermaid is going to be? I know it's not confirmed for MK, but my guess is that it's a sure thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom