Pirates Ride music and voices in Pirates 3 movie

Champion

While I appreciated their attempt to throw in attraction tie-ins, I thought it was out of place and made no sense. In a movie like that, subtle references are great. This was just... Weird. :shrug:

And the majority of those watching the movie probably won't get it, I'm sure.

Who cares if the people who don't love the ride don't get it? It was there for the people who DO love it.

And it was a very appropriate place.

lpet11984

I think I must've been the only person in our theater who got all the ride references as well...sad but true...but I loved it!! The ride audio was just supreme. And after all, it *is* Disney, where the beauty lies in the details/subtle references....that's what makes them the best. ;)

I thought the same thing, Chape-- it has a very artistic feel to it. Beautifully complex on all counts...even the score was almost Wagnerian in how it references different themes/characters and follows the movie so thoroughly. (I listened to the score on my drive home and felt like I was watching the movie all over again!)

I think I was one of the only people in the theater who really appreciated the ending as well; everything just fit in a fantastically complicated way. Definitely my favorite movie of the three!

DisneyDefenders

I hate when people call it "too long". It's just wrong that people can't sit through long movies. Just go the bathroom before the movie, and don't drink your GIANT-sized drink for a change. If you still can't sit through a three hour movie and think "I want to get out", you don't deserve a good movie IMHO. Go see a 20-minute comedy that's best parts are in the trailer, and leave real movies to people who can sit down and watch things for an extended period of time.

People are hard to please. When a movie is terrible, people complain that they wasted their $10. At the very least with a movie like Pirates, you're betting more bang for your buck...literally!

Figment82

I loved the ride audio! My friend and I looked at each other and just started giggling - everyone around us must've thought we were nuts!

And I was glad to see Spot is still alive and well. :)

imagineer boy

It was kinda ironic since they had the "Bloomin' Cockroachers" line when that pirate AA is gone now. :lol:

But I LOVED it when the "Dead Men Tell no Tales" came on.

majortom1981

lol

IF you noticed the ride music happened after the waterfall. The fall was a tribute to the drop in the actual ride.

I just got back from a Q and A session from the Unit Publicist of the movies. He was also signing the books. HE is the one who stated the waterfall thing to me.

Captain Barbosa

I am a huge fan of the Pirates movies and I thought the audio clips from the ride were just plain genius. And I also disagree with any critics that complain about the length. The movies are adventurous epics that are lengthy due to their huge story. I can only hope they make more movies, I'm kind of saddened it's all over...for now...

I hate when people call it "too long". It's just wrong that people can't sit through long movies. Just go the bathroom before the movie, and don't drink your GIANT-sized drink for a change. If you still can't sit through a three hour movie and think "I want to get out", you don't deserve a good movie IMHO.

I think you're missing the true intent when people say this, most people, myself included, mean that "it's too long [for what it is]". I felt Dead Man's Chest was WAY too long, and World's End was marginally too long. I would not have thought so if the movie sustained itself for that long-- as I felt the first one did marvelously.

For the record, I once watched a 3 3/4 hour production of "The Grapes of Wrath" that was so brilliant I never looked at my watch once. It's not simply a matter of minutes on the clock; it's interrelated with enjoyment and necessity.

bassman

hahaha i loved the fact that those sounds were used.

i was the only one in the cinema that actually knew what they were.
(i live in england)
i cheered and laughed and i got a few funny looks from people.lol.

EpcotServo

For the record, I once watched a 3 3/4 hour production of "The Grapes of Wrath" that was so brilliant I never looked at my watch once. It's not simply a matter of minutes on the clock; it's interrelated with enjoyment and necessity.
If you're looking for necessity, you'll find none in the movies. You don't go to see a movie for what they need to do, you go to be entertained and taken away from this world as much as possible. World's End does it in a grand way!
:D

Besides, if you watch it a second time (as I did just now), you can see there isn't any part there that isn't there for a reason.

Enigma

Account Suspended
What were the other references to the ride? The only ones I got were:

-The audio from the ride
-The Dog with keys
-Barbossa's line just before the big drop

Anything else?

TinkerBell9988

Everyone in my theatre was screaming and laughing... it helps that I was in a theatre with a bunch of PoTC attraction fans. The audio clip was great for Pirates lovers, but for other moviegoers, it might seem a tad out of place.

But I loved it. :D

Aurora8305

Love the ride tie in. My mom and I were the only ones in the theatre that got it. We went to an early show this morning and most of the theatre was empty, and we almost fell out of our seat laughing when the ride music began. I thought that the movie as a whole was great but I was upset when **spolier alert**my favorite character was ...badly hurt:cry: , even though that character did return, I wish there could have been some other way to avoid what happened, despite the happy ending. Oh and Keith Richards part-genius:)

NWDMD

I liked the audio.

When the whirlpool formed they also pointed and said "Maelstrom!". At the time I thought it may have been a reference to the ride in Norway, but I found out that Maelstrom actually means a very powerful whirlpool.

Enigma

Account Suspended
I liked the audio.

When the whirlpool formed they also pointed and said "Maelstrom!". At the time I thought it may have been a reference to the ride in Norway, but I found out that Maelstrom actually means a very powerful whirlpool.

Speaking of which I caught subtle references to Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise in Pirates 2.

lentesta

Premium Member
I've seen it 3 times in 3 days now. Except for the park where Tia Dalma's ropes suddenly grow, it all makes sense.

Len

Kwit35

Hello,
We loved the movie. My 6 year old daughter and I loved the ride references. As soon as the screen went black, we instantly recognized the ride audio. We looked at each other and started laughing. I heard a couple other people laugh too. I thought that was awesome. Also loved the little bit after the credits.

MissM

Isn't it funny they cut the sound out of the ride and included it in the movie?
It's perfect actually. Why? Because they were going to the land of the dead basically and the audio they used is "dead" as well. I laughed joyfully when Barbossa said the line to her because I loved those warnings in the drop area and miss them.

I think it was a fantastic nod to PotC fans. Very clever little "plus" for us!
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom