Pirates Ride music and voices in Pirates 3 movie

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
SPOILERS:

This was probably already stated somewhere im sure.. but just in case it wasnt.. i wanted to say that I thought it was especially cool that Disney used some of the sounds from the Pirates ride in the new Pirates 3 movie.

I went to see it last night and there was this scene where they are going into davy jones locker on a boat and it gets really dark.. they can't see anything at all and the screen goes black. Then you hear this background noise that sound EXACTLY like when your riding the ride in Disney World.. im thinking like woah.. this sounds like the ride lol... which was cool. But i wasn't quite sure.. until right after that while the screen is still black you hear the ride's "DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES" thing... super cooL! :sohappy:

IcicleM

I'm pretty sure it was like a giant inside joke. Like, they were passing through one dimension into the next, and they were suddenly part of the ride. Haha, the entire audience started laughing and applauding in my theatre

Billy6

You are correct, I saw it last night myself and that was deffo, from the ride..."Turn around deary, show 'um your larbard side"..."dead men tell no tales".... Me and my sister almost leapt from our seats...there are a few more "odes" to the ride in the movie, but ill keep um secret.....

Buried20KLeague

Okay, NOW I'm excited for the movie! That sounds too cool.

While I appreciated their attempt to throw in attraction tie-ins, I thought it was out of place and made no sense. In a movie like that, subtle references are great. This was just... Weird. :shrug:

And the majority of those watching the movie probably won't get it, I'm sure.

Moustronaut

Right before the screen goes black and you hear the bits from the PotC ride soundtrack, Barbosa says "You may not survive to pass this way again, these be the last friendly words you hear."

The line is a direct quote from the ride soundtrack that is played in the background before you go over the fails into the battle sceen. Good tie in to going over the edge at world's end.

Ironic though that this line no longer is heard in the ride thanks to the PotC movies inspired updates.

hrcollectibles

From now on if a post has spoilers in it can someone please mention that in the title of the post and not in the body. I am not trying to start anything here.. I opened this thread and closed it as I saw spolier... If this offends anyone I am sorry

sarahwiggles99

While I appreciated their attempt to throw in attraction tie-ins, I thought it was out of place and made no sense. In a movie like that, subtle references are great. This was just... Weird. :shrug:

I think that it was there as a spoof and also techically it made sense because wouldn't it be weird if you were in the middle of a sand desert with a whole bunch of "you's" working on your ship?:lol: i think they added it in to make the whole atmosphere strange.

sadly i was one of the few that noticed the ride clips. :

CThaddeus

Isn't it still heard in the Disneyland version, but not the WDW version?

No, they just kept the "Dead men tell no tales" part, with Barbossa playing off the disembodied voice. We did get to keep the skull and crossbones, fortunately, so the references to Davy Jones and those evil squirrels* still exist. I have yet to see any Monkees or rodents in the ride, though...

*Yes, I know, it's "squalls"

napnet

I thought it added a great piece of humor to an already great movie. As soon as i heard the noise, the wife and i got a laugh out of it. I did notice the sound of the ride's boat going down the water fall during too...

DisneyDefenders

For The Fans

As stated in a different thread, the references to the ride aren't there for the majority of those watching, but for us big fans of the attraction. :animwink:

EpcotServo

That was so great! It kind of makes me think that maybe the caverns (As seen in Disneyland's version) is Davy Jones' Locker. Cursed to be doing the same actions over and over again. Man, that was such a great movie. I hate when people call it "too long". It's just wrong that people can't sit through long movies. Just go the bathroom before the movie, and don't drink your GIANT-sized drink for a change. If you still can't sit through a three hour movie and think "I want to get out", you don't deserve a good movie IMHO. Go see a 20-minute comedy that's best parts are in the trailer, and leave real movies to people who can sit down and watch things for an extended period of time.

Sorry for the rant, this issue bugs me because it's doomed great movies like Grindhouse and Hot Fuzz box-office wise. I'm glad that theatres are making an exception for Pirates! Here's hoping for a world record!

Chape19714

I loved the audio tribute. Great part of the movie. I found the entire film to be great, and oddly artistic. I am very happy at the way it turned out, it is truely an excellent film. And those critics who said it was too hard to follow, they just don't follow the films closely enough, I understood all of it! :D

Figment571

I loved that in the movie. I'm practically the only one who got that tribute. Is X. Antecino credited or the other voice actors? for the ride audio

CThaddeus

That was so great! It kind of makes me think that maybe the caverns (As seen in Disneyland's version) is Davy Jones' Locker. Cursed to be doing the same actions over and over again. Man, that was such a great movie. I hate when people call it "too long". It's just wrong that people can't sit through long movies. Just go the bathroom before the movie, and don't drink your GIANT-sized drink for a change. If you still can't sit through a three hour movie and think "I want to get out", you don't deserve a good movie IMHO. Go see a 20-minute comedy that's best parts are in the trailer, and leave real movies to people who can sit down and watch things for an extended period of time.

Sorry for the rant, this issue bugs me because it's doomed great movies like Grindhouse and Hot Fuzz box-office wise. I'm glad that theatres are making an exception for Pirates! Here's hoping for a world record!

I completely agree about movie length. It doesn't matter to me if it's two, three, or more hours...if it is a good movie, and the plot can be sustained for that long, then I'm all for it. Frankly, I'm going to be a bit peeved if "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" isn't at least three hours. Anything less than that and they're hacking the book to bits...like they did with "Goblet of Fire." Actually, they should have just made both into two movies each and released them six months apart.
I haven't yet made it to POTC:AWE, but like I said, if I enjoy the story, I don't care how long it is. Hopefully it is better than two, though. I was a bit disappointed with it. It was still good, but it felt like a constant retread of Part 1.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom