Pirates refurb dates released

mickEblu

This has probably been answered but what the hell is going on in this scene? People are being forced to “auction” their goods? What, do they get a kickback from the Pirates? And if they don’t get a kick back why r they there?

So the people in line are being forced at gun point to hand over their goods and the people bidding on the other side of the flume? Couldn’t they at least have one pirate AA robbing someone before the “auction” scene.

Last edited:

SSG

This has probably been answered but what the hell is going on in this scene? People are being forced to “auction” their goods? What, do they get a kickback from the Pirates? And if they don’t get a kick back why r they there?

So the people in line are being forced at gun point to hand over their goods and the people bidding on the other side of the flume? Couldn’t they at least have one pirate AA robbing someone before the “auction” scene.
And who's buying the loot? Other pirates? Wouldn't they just steal their own stuff? Or are the townspeople being forced to buy back their stuff? Wouldn't the pirates just take the money and not bother with a sham auction?

mickEblu

And who's buying the loot? Other pirates? Wouldn't they just steal their own stuff? Or are the townspeople being forced to buy back their stuff? Wouldn't the pirates just take the money and not bother with a sham auction?

Overall, sloppy scene/ storytelling for this medium. This is the best they could come up with when replacing the most infamous scene from the parks signature attraction? Yikes.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Then it really is time for Imagineering to end

This an example of Imagineering being completely to blame. We just want a coherent story, AAs that match the rest of attraction and maybe some respect for the history of the attraction by finding a way to keep Paul Frees voice. This fail has nothing to do with Chapek, Iger or budget. Super weak writing and no creativity.

Just a side note, but Paul Frees has now been completely eliminated from the attraction. His cavern voices, Blackbeard, Auctioneer and Pooped Pirate characters have now all been replaced.

dweezil78

This an example of Imagineering being completely to blame. We just want a coherent story, AAs that match the rest of attraction and maybe some respect for the history of the attraction by finding a way to keep Paul Frees voice. This fail has nothing to do with Chapek, Iger or budget. Super weak writing and no creativity.

The story is actually kinda funny and not hard to follow... The woman who's turn it is in the auction is up there to sell her hens. The pirates clearly have no interest a bunch of hens and, just like before, only want rum. It's more the design choices I have issue with.

SSG

The story is actually kinda funny and not hard to follow... The woman who's turn it is in the auction is up there to sell her hens. The pirates clearly have no interest a bunch of hens and, just like before, only want rum. It's more the design choices I have issue with.
In the context of pirates looting a town, having an auction of property doesn't make much sense

mickEblu

And who the heck can figure that out in a boat passing by? You’ve read articles, watched you tube ride throughs and are not the average guest. I’ll admit, I just watched one ride through that TROR posted earlier but I couldn’t figure out what was going on.

dweezil78

And who the heck can figure that out in a boat passing by? You’ve read articles, watched you tube ride throughs and are not the average guest. I’ll admit, I just watched one ride through that TROR posted earlier but I couldn’t figure out what was going on.

Haha the same people who figured out the pirates would rather have rum (or the redhead) than take home some homely woman? Both scenes require about the same level of attention in figuring out what's going on.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Haven't you heard of the saying "honor among thieves", they wouldn't steal from each other. So they force the towns people to "auction" off their wares to the pirate with the most loot. Its a way for pirates to trade with each other instead of stealing from each other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom