Pirates refurb dates released

George Lucas on a Bench

It's kinda charming in a terrible way. Like, if they had just added the mist waterfall, it would have been fine. It acts as a curtain separating the cave from the bombardment scene. But then they have that squid head guy poorly projected voiced by the dude from Love Actually and it's so jarring.

The ending dialogue is ridiculous as well.

"When next you sail, sail with Davy Jones!"

We can't do that. The ride's always the same.

?????

Last edited:

shortstop

It's kinda charming in a terrible way. Like, if they had just added the mist waterfall, it would have been fine. It acts as a curtain separating the cave from the bombardment scene. But then they have that squid head guy poorly projected voiced by the dude from Love Actually and it's so jarring.

The ending dialogue is ridiculous as well.

"When next you sail, sail with Davy Jones!"

We can't do that. The ride's always the same.

?????
Yeah, it makes less sense every time I ride.

Speaking of mist screens, thoughts on the branch in Indiana Jones?

180º

Am I the only who finds the Davy Jones mist screen worse than Depp?

“Ahhhh... but they DO tell tales... so says I... Davy Jonez...zzzAH

Facepalm.
FTFY. Also, “If ye be brave or fool enough to face a pirates curse, procee...dAH.”

And you’re not the only one who finds the mist screen more annoying than Depp. It totally throws off the mood and aesthetic of that part of the ride.

That and Davy Jones’ taxiing-to-the-gate announcements. “When next you sail, sail with Davy JonezzzzAH. You may now use portable electronic devicezzzAH! Remain seated until the captain has turned off the fasten seatbelt signnnnnAH. Mark my words: when next you sail – sail with Davy JonezzzAH – none shall escay...pAH.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom