Pirates refurb dates released

Eyemabee

Depicting women being sold off to be wives, even though most of them seem happy about it, is wrong because human sex trafficking is a real problem in today's world.

Giving the Redhead a gun really fixes all of these problems, however, as little girls now will have an empowered female role model to look up to on PotC despite my constant tweets about how we need harsher gun control.

Also, although I think the bride auction is sexist, I'm not going to demand Disney removes the audio animatronics of the man who has been accused of domestic assault from the attraction.
I’m sure that the pirate live in general isn’t very PC. Let’s just let pirates be pirates.

Eyemabee

I embrace all the hokeyness that is Disney. Anything can get old and be picked apart if you see it too often. I’m just glad it’ll be open when I go.

TROR

It's a good looking fig with a lot of motion, but it doesn't match the style of Pirates. Glad they put in the money for new AAs though. Maybe there is hope yet for another AA heavy attraction in the future...

IMG_20180319_085934.jpg

Here's the actual scene. And yes, it sucks. Unfunny, bad voice acting, bad dialogue, and worst of all, no more Paul Frees.

Last edited:

shortstop

It's a good looking fig with a lot of motion, but it doesn't match the style of Pirates. Glad they put in the money for new AAs though. Maybe there is hope yet for another AA heavy attraction in the future...

View attachment 271006

Here's the actual scene. And yes, it sucks. Unfunny, bad voice acting, bad dialogue, and worst of all, no more Paul Frees.

I wish they hadn’t changed her face. She looks too happy or something #NotMyRedhead

mickEblu

View attachment 271006

No more Paul frees 😢😭😢. Don’t like the new voice.

TROR

But you guys, there's no more SEXISM and TOXIC MASCULINITY now! Yay, that woman is a badass because she has GUNS (we need to remove guns from all American households but here it's awesome)! Little girls can now feel EMPOWERED by the wench who steals from the EVIL RICH NOBLES! Alice Davis? Leota Tombs? SCREW EM! They're dead! Who cares about the work of real strong women? Throw it all away in favor of this awful scene so I can virtue signal about my moral superiority over you who care about history and integrity of theme parks!

britain

Mental experiment: Imagine the new scene is the way it always used to be. And then today they switched it to the "Auction a wench" scene.

Thoughts?

dweezil78

Ugh... I didn't realize they were changing out all the AAs. While they are nice looking and the scene looks good, they are too realistic and totally clash with Marc's more cartoonish/exaggerated style. At work and haven't even listened to the audio yet... Bummer to lose more Paul.

Last edited:

SSG

Rumor:
FigmentJedi @Figment_Jedi: Someone on Tumblr messaged me that they suspect the new Pirates of the Caribbean Redhead's face was taken off of Great Movie Ride's Jane when I brought the "Recycled from GMR" rumors up over there.

Redhead 1.jpg

Redhead 2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom