Pirates refurb dates released

Phroobar

April 23 - June 7. I for one am excited!
Your excited for this?

maxresdefault.jpg

TROR

Your excited for this?

maxresdefault.jpg

What's worse is that's not even the scene we're getting. Based on the concept art, ours is terribly unfunny. I may not understand the French dialogue, but at least I know the Auctioneer isn't talking about corn fed chickens and the villagers aren't carrying "comically" large pieces of furniture and horse decorations.

Kiwiduck

Is it removing silly Captain Jack like I asked? Or should I be thinking a bit smaller, or a lot smaller? In other words don't leave me in suspense, spill the goss ;)

dweezil78

Is it removing silly Captain Jack like I asked? Or should I be thinking a bit smaller, or a lot smaller? In other words don't leave me in suspense, spill the goss ;)

I think both Jack Sparrow and Johnny Deep are not quite in the good graces of Disney nor the public between poor box office performance and personal drama. That would be nice to return and see a Sparrow-less PotC. Although based on the fact that he is so involved with the huge Shanghai version, I have a feeling they wouldn't go that route.

TROR

Depicting women being sold off to be wives, even though most of them seem happy about it, is wrong because human sex trafficking is a real problem in today's world.

Giving the Redhead a gun really fixes all of these problems, however, as little girls now will have an empowered female role model to look up to on PotC despite my constant tweets about how we need harsher gun control.

Also, although I think the bride auction is sexist, I'm not going to demand Disney removes the audio animatronics of the man who has been accused of domestic assault from the attraction.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I think both Jack Sparrow and Johnny Deep are not quite in the good graces of Disney nor the public between poor box office performance and personal drama. That would be nice to return and see a Sparrow-less PotC. Although based on the fact that he is so involved with the huge Shanghai version, I have a feeling they wouldn't go that route.
I truly hope the Pirates film franchise has sailed its last voyage.

But just watch...I bet Disney is cooking up a "Young Jack Sparrow" show for their streaming service...

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Depicting women being sold off to be wives, even though most of them seem happy about it, is wrong because human sex trafficking is a real problem in today's world.

Giving the Redhead a gun really fixes all of these problems, however, as little girls now will have an empowered female role model to look up to on PotC despite my constant tweets about how we need harsher gun control.

Also, although I think the bride auction is sexist, I'm not going to demand Disney removes the audio animatronics of the man who has been accused of domestic assault from the attraction.
As far as I know, its still legal for me to get a mail-order bride in 2018. This is not the same as sex-trafficking.

And in a time of hyper-gun control issues, is the best solution for this particular scene to arm the woman??

Shigg. W. McGee

This feels like a complete 180 for you. I agree completely.

Shigg. W. McGee

Also it looks like our Pirates is going to be closed about a month longer than Disney World's, so I wonder what else they'll be doing during the refurb. Hopefully some cleanup of the outdoor queue area!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom