Pirates Of The Carribean

DManRightHere

Really? I thought the 4th one was a huge step forward compared to 2 and 3... I think it even managed to do about double the box office gross compared to the first one... So I'm thinking you might be in the minority in thinking it was a flop, or that people didn't like it.

Box office. No. Domestic number 4 did the worst. Still very well compared to other movies. Worldwide it is in number 2 spot of the 4 movies.

I like all the movies, but number 4 is pretty different from the previous movies.

Fairybuzz

I like all the movies, but number 4 is pretty different from the previous movies.

It is. Definitely. The lack of will and Elizabeth for one thing. Secondly there was no port royal, and more so all of jacks silly crew members are gone save for Gibbs. Angelica was cool though. I like a female character with guts even if she is gullible. (I liked Elizabeth too. Pirates doesn't lack in strong females, even in the ride there was the one chasing after the pirate.) The film also lacked the series's "flagship"the Black Pearl. Even Barbossa and papa Jack were in much different roles.

matt9112

That's a bit vitriolic, but I can appreciate the basic sentiment. "Keep moving forward", as Walt himself said. Honestly, though? If anything gets changed or replaced in Adventureland, I hope it's the Swiss Family Treehouse. Currently, it combines all the fun of climbing stairs with all the excitement and appeal of a fifty-year old family movie that's slightly above average at best.

If you want to climb stairs come n over to my place...we have 56 to get into our house (hill in city) and I won't charge you a dime I promise. And yes my (fairy tail) idea would be to clear JC and the treehouse and add a true E ticket themed to pirates and re theme a larger portion of adventure land to pirates....and remove the Aladdin spinner that silly thing.

matt9112

It is. Definitely. The lack of will and Elizabeth for one thing. Secondly there was no port royal, and more so all of jacks silly crew members are gone save for Gibbs. Angelica was cool though. I like a female character with guts even if she is gullible. (I liked Elizabeth too. Pirates doesn't lack in strong females, even in the ride there was the one chasing after the pirate.) The film also lacked the series's "flagship"the Black Pearl. Even Barbossa and papa Jack were in much different roles.

The pearls in a bottle duh!

Bairstow

I haven't been to WDW since October 2012 for the ToT race. What mermaids and how long have they been there?

The Mermaids were installed on the night of October 17th, 2012, and were up and working the next morning on October 18t 2012.
So, they would have been installed a little over a week after your race.

This was, coincidently, the same day that portions of the rockwork of Splash Mountain fell off and landed in the loading area of that attraction.

They consist of 3 sets of effects:

1. Bubble makers underwater positioned on either side of the track just after the Davey Jones mist screen effect. Projectors positioned above these bubble areas run a digital projection of mermaids swimming underwater. A small mechanism of some kind creates a very small splash at the end of the animation. The projection effect has been unreliable from day one and rarely works.

2. A recording of the "Jolly Sailor Bold" song from the dumb fourth movie that plays loudly in this area and in the skeleton area afterwards.

3. A static "mermaid skeleton" prop that appears to be chained to a boat around the bend in the skeleton cave area.

Fable McCloud

I think they could have easy done the mermaid effect with a physical prop that's on a perpetual circle, and likely would work while also creating an actual splash and movement in the water.

I also don't like the fourth movie though, and feel like the franchise sorta ended with three. I consider anything they add after that to just be extra fluff for monetary gain.

Matt_Black

I'm waiting for the inevitable guest appearance by Captain Jack on Jake and the Neverland Pirates. "Cubby, lad, point to me on that map of your where a fellow might find some rum."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom