Pirates Of The Carribean

dmleblanc1971

Original Poster
No mist with Davey Jones's face?? Is this permanent or a quick fix? I really liked the effect although you could never hear what he said

ExtinctJenn

Well, so the projection actually changed to Blackbeard to coincide with the release of the latest film so it's been a long time since Davey was there. That said however, I will say the last few times we rode it that poor projection was so bad that you could barely see it as it was. Not sure if it was the projector in need of some help or something else but my hope would be that if you're reporting it wasn't on at all recently, maybe they are fixing whatever the issue was (or it just finally died completely and nothing will happen with it).

NearTheEars

It was on a few months ago. When we rode the other day, it was off.

I hear a lot of folks talking about the mermaids not working. Where are they in the ride anyway?

DisJosh

Good riddance! Never liked it as an addition to the attraction. When is the last time PotC went down for a decent refurb?

janoimagine

No mist with Davey Jones's face?? Is this permanent or a quick fix? I really liked the effect although you could never hear what he said

No Jones or Mermaids all last week. When I spoke with the rides manager, the gal infomed me it had been broken for a while and only the company that built it can fix it ... for what the average guest is paying you would think that maybe they would have a backup ... just a thought.

Marc Gil

The projector has been working on and off for a while now, the same goes with the mermaids. I would like to see Davy Jones return to WDW's POTC or have a rotation like in Disneyland's POTC.

stevehousse

They were seating all rows 2 weeks ago and boy do you get wet on it now! My butt was all wet after that drop! I did not see anyone bailing out water with buckets...

NearTheEars

Any update on the defective boats situation?
Are they still taking on water and is Disney still leaving the 6th row empty?

All rows were seated last week. There was not as much water in the boats, but the folks on the front row are still getting a bit of a splash mountain treatment.

Thankfully we were in row 2 since I'm not a big fan of getting wet.

ABQ

Silly that they cannot repair what is not a very complicated system, in my admittedly ignorant opinion. But for Pete's sake, Iron Maiden had more complicated effects during their live performances of Rime of the Ancient Mariner, and that took place all over the world day after day taken down and rebuilt. The POTC show building hasn't moved in...ever....make it work!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Silly that they cannot repair what is not a very complicated system, in my admittedly ignorant opinion. But for Pete's sake, Iron Maiden had more complicated effects during their live performances of Rime of the Ancient Mariner, and that took place all over the world day after day taken down and rebuilt. The POTC show building hasn't moved in...ever....make it work!

Still touring and they still have lots of great effects. Personally, I think wives and girlfriends don't want Bruce, Nicko, Steve, Adrian, Dave, and Jannick around because they've got to be A-OK financially. When I was in high school (note for WDW locals - second class to graduate from Armwood High School) there was a rumor that Eddie had gotten so big and complicated Disney was building him. Completely false, but it shows the high regard Disney was held in with respect to effects like that. Wouldn't it be horrible if the Blackbeard mist effect was fixed and a bunch of middle aged metal heads started a rumor that Disney had to hire Iron Maiden roadies to get it going? I suppose interesting perspectives can be gleaned from falsities and hearsay.

ExtinctJenn

Same room as the mist, they are just before the drop.
Actually they are bit before the drop. They are between the mist and the "island" scene in the short dark space between them. They appear on either side of the boat but are so random that sometimes you won't see them at all. Look for the bubbles. :)

hellowonderland

So the mermaids aren't working? Do they still play the song? This is one of my favourite parts of any ride, so I'm curious. It's so haunting and sets the tone perfectly for the drop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom