Pirates Of The Carribean

janoimagine

Any update on the defective boats situation?
Are they still taking on water and is Disney still leaving the 6th row empty?
They were pretty wet last week, and yes, depending on where you are sitting you can get quite wet after the drop, also noticed them listing to the left ... didnt seem to have anything to do with weight ... I couldnt figure that out ... the bottoms of the boat are so paper thin they flex a lot, I mean a whole lot, especially when going over the load/unload roller or conveyor.

Runmyhorse

The mist and mermaids never work. Well I take that back we were there in September they worked for one day only out of the 8 we were there.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Still touring and they still have lots of great effects. Personally, I think wives and girlfriends don't want Bruce, Nicko, Steve, Adrian, Dave, and Jannick around because they've got to be A-OK financially. When I was in high school (note for WDW locals - second class to graduate from Armwood High School) there was a rumor that Eddie had gotten so big and complicated Disney was building him. Completely false, but it shows the high regard Disney was held in with respect to effects like that. Wouldn't it be horrible if the Blackbeard mist effect was fixed and a bunch of middle aged metal heads started a rumor that Disney had to hire Iron Maiden roadies to get it going? I suppose interesting perspectives can be gleaned from falsities and hearsay.

I saw Iron Maiden first UK tour, Eddie was a painted face on a back drop with lights for eyes nd a pipe that blew dry ice for a mouth. Im sure Disney World is ready to take the step up to that type of effect.

I should say I say them befoe that as opening act for Priest.

PhilharMagician

I saw Iron Maiden first UK tour, Eddie was a painted face on a back drop with lights for eyes nd a pipe that blew dry ice for a mouth. Im sure Disney World is ready to take the step up to that type of effect.

I should say I say them befoe that as opening act for Priest.

I saw them for the Somewhere in Time tour and Eddie was a giant blow up balloon that came to life from behind the drummer. Eddie grew to hang over the entire stage. Disney could start selling Eddie balloons on Main St.

WDWoptmist

Any update on the defective boats situation?
Are they still taking on water and is Disney still leaving the 6th row empty?
I was there a few days ago and my feet got drenched on PoC I mean literally had to go change shoes at the hotel it was bad :/

Bairstow

I'm afraid so. Along with the talking skull it was out with the old and in with the Depp.

So much hate.

Jack Sparrow is basically Poochie from Itchy and Scratchy.
Whenever he's not in the ride, all the other pirates are asking, "Where's Poochie?"
The ride should end with the talking skull telling you that Sparrow died on the way back to his home planet.

Poochie.png

Walter Bishop

It amazes me how creative Disney can be. Being moved towards Blackbeard in a boat, only to realize that is an apparition, is quite frightening.... not to mention the plunge into the main attraction.

NearTheEars

Blackbeard and the mist were working again today. Also, the mist around the ship and cannon fire was working again.

Yep just came on to report the effects were back up. I saw a mermaid for the first time today too.
It was very misty/smokey in the battle scene. I had never seen it like that before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom