Pirates of the Carribean rehab??!!!!!

pcf1385

Original Poster
High, just so you know, I'm new, but I've been lurking around these boards for like, a year. Anyway, I just want to know when this so called pirates reahb will take place?? I know there has been other threads, but from what I've read, no one has answered that question exactly. I'm talking like, will it be running in july and early august? (if you haven't guessed, those are my tentative vacation dates:) . If I'm posting this question in the wrong place, I'm sorry, I just thought if fit in the rumors section. Thanks for the advance help:kiss:

AEfx

Welcome to the boards!

There are currently no concrete plans for a PotC rehab.

There are rumors that sometime in the future it will happen, but nothing is certain.

I believe the going theory is that if it does happen, it will be six months or more before it does - because of all the publicity and such for the "Happiest Homecoming". If it does happen, I'm willing to bet it's after the first of the year.

AEfx

fngoofy

Well, here's my take on it:

1971, opening day, NO PIRATES!!! Guests are ticked off because there is no PoC.

2005, 50th Aniversary festivities happening everywhere, people going to the parks that haven't been in a while, no way they will close PoC and have a repeat of 71.

I've been many times, but if I had a trip in the works and found out the PoC was down, I would 80% reschedule.

So, it is an 18mo special celebration of DL's 50th, that means it will be kicking until 12/31/06...

So, I'd say the chances are slim & none that it will happen prior to then.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Mostly wanted to say welcome to the boards.

Refurb is a real possibility with some tie-in with the movie. Seems that it will most likely be done first at DL then here if that is received well. My guess is that it will be held at least until after the 50th celebration. With all the major overhaul that DL has received, I think they will have to wait before setting up some more construction walls.

Shaman

I would think they would do it before the release of the other two PotC movies...

But everything is speculation for now...perhaps we shall know more after the press event...

DisneyGal126

Did they change it a bit from 2003 because I got on in 03 and it was a little different when I got on it in January of this year.

As you can tell I'm also a big fan of this ride! I don't know what it is about it!

Jamie

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
oh boy...... here we go again..... :p

all ill say is that if they do anything, work on the storyline and make it as good as DL version. and that doesnt mean you have to add Jack Sparrow.

oh, welcome to the boards.

goofyfan13

DisneyGal126 said:
Did they change it a bit from 2003 because I got on in 03 and it was a little different when I got on it in January of this year.

They did change one animatronic that I know of, before you go into the final scene, the pirate sitting on the bridge with the muddy foot was changed.

DisneyGal126

goofyfan13 said:
They did change one animatronic that I know of, before you go into the final scene, the pirate sitting on the bridge with the muddy foot was changed.

Yeah I noticed that he had changed but it seemed like the scenes were more different... maybe it was just me!

Jamie

Azerin

Chase scenes

I am pretty sure they changed a cpl of the "chase scenes" in the DL version a few years ago (where they go round and round chasing each other through a building). I believe the changes were... there were pirates chasing women... these got changed... one was switched so the women was chasing the pirate and the other was changed so the women had a tray with a beer bottle (so the story was the pirate was trying to get the beer not the women)... not 100% sure of this... I have been to DL several times and I am pretty sure it WAS different the second time and a friend who lives in the area pointed out the change and said something about them talking about it on the news. No idea if the same change was made in the MK version or not.

Azzy

pcf1385

Original Poster
pirates

thanks guys, you're great. I'm sort of a board lurker, but I think I'll like it around here......:kiss:

RedGear

Yo Ho YO HO

I don't know what they are going to do, but hopefully don't change it too much. Maybe just add a Johnny Deep Look a like and orlando bloom look and like and I am all set. . .

Now the song is stuck in my head. . . everytime I call for Prioity seating that song is playin!!!!

:drevil:

scottvicki

If they change anything maybe they will make the ride longer, without messing with the formula too much. oh yeah, welcome to the boards.

BwanaBob

goofyfan13 said:
That's right!

You heard it/saw the confirmation here first!

:D :D :D

(It was just driving me crazy!)

Disneyfan1981

I wonder how extensive this Rehab will be. Now that the other 2 POTC movies are in production the rumors are flying from a simple as adding a Johnny Depp animatronic to the jail scene to redoing the entire battle and pillaging scenes to include skeleton pirates....

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
I've never heard the jail scene change... the only thing that has any weight to it is a replacement of the last scene in the attraction, the "looting the treasury scene."
It would be replaced with a cave with Jack and Barbossa sword fighting in the moonlight.

jmuboy

I know it will inconvenience some, but this ride needs to be shut down and a good long rehab is necessary. The ride will be more enjoyable for it in the long run!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom