Pirates of the Carribean rehab??!!!!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
FamilyMan said:
What can I say? Expect it to be closed, and if it's open consider yourself lucky.

Sorry.
If you ever hear a hard date please let us know. I have already sworn to spend an entire day on PoTC before it goes down for a much needed refurb. Anyone else want to kill a whole day listening to “pirate’s life” over and over? First one to go crazy buys lunch! :lol:

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Eh, no hard dates. Only thing I've heard is that it needs to go down and re-open in time for July 2006. Though even that isn't entirely reliable. But I've heard that over and over from multiple places. Geez, even Jim Hill did an article on it. LMAO.

(If Jim wrote about it, it must be true, right? LMAO :lol: )

Nah, I've heard it before even Jim talked about it. Jim was just another source. If you can call him a source. Heh heh.

dreamflightjake

They did change somethings...

I went for Easter weekend and I did notice the pirate with the muddy foot had changed. I also noticed that one of the pirates in the jail cell scene had changed as well, or so I think. One of the pirates used to look like Hulk Hogan, now he doesn't anymore.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
dreamflightjake said:
I went for Easter weekend and I did notice the pirate with the muddy foot had changed. I also noticed that one of the pirates in the jail cell scene had changed as well, or so I think. One of the pirates used to look like Hulk Hogan, now he doesn't anymore.
probably something did change................. you know the "overly sensative politically correct" groups. some changes i see justified, but im sure some group of people (maybe hippies) or people like brittney spears, that go into public restrooms barefooted got all affended by his dirty feet since that is what theirs looks like after walking through the grocery store. public restroom, or a phish show. :p

but it could have been a new AA or they needed to fix one. :D

erasure fan1

I think a rehab of this ride is over due. Since the movie didnt stink I have no problem with them adding things from the movie. I think a more fluent story like disneyland would be good too. I would not like to see this ride go away or completely change because they neglect it and its not "busy" enough. I dont think that would happen, but you never know.

jmuboy

<!--StartFragment -->
WDW's PotC does have a GREAT queue. WDW could easily benefit by adding a few touches from the DL version. The pirates dragging the treasure up hill (at the end of DL's ride)could be added, actually seeing the spanish conquistadors in the fort, the swashbuckling shadows as you enter the city from the battle scene, a new Johnny Depp pirate integrated somewhere into the ride would all be great additions.

Plus, the ride would benefit from a general cleaning and fresh paint job, newly cleaned outfits for the AA's, etc. (like what was done for IASW). I'd like to see the boats get a new "wood grain" paint job as well like the DL PotC boats just got. make the boats more realistic and less IASW looking.

making changes like this help keep classic rides fresh and exciting for visitors. Look at the responce that the TIKI ROOM at DL is getting after is massive clean up job. I expect the DL Jungle Cruise will get the same responce. Why wouldn't WDW guests give the same reaction?

One thing I wish they'd really update is the exchange of cannon fire between the ship and fort. All you have to do is experience the loud, deep vollies heard at DL to realize just how puny the WDW version sounds in comparison...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom