Pirates Of The Caribbean rennovation

EmperorMilenko

Original Poster
In a recent trip to Walt Disney World (august 19 05 to august 27 05),I was in the Villains In Vogue store in the Mgm Studios heading towards Tower Of Terror. A lady was purchasing a Pirates of the Caribbean item and the lady behind the counter asked her if she knew about the pirates news. the lady who worked at th store said they were adding the Black Pearl into the attack on the fort after the drop and adding Johnny Depp's character into the ride. Even though I love the movie, i think this will ruin the originality of the ride. (p.s.- there are two sequels already signed with orlando bloom,johnny depp,n keihra knightley...the second one is titled the dead mans chest and there is no title for the third as of yet)

scoobygang7144

I don't know about Disney World but it is planned for Disneyland. I don't mind it that much just as long it isn't over done. I wouldn't like it if they make the ride seem as if the movie came out first.

P.S. I can't wait for the next two movies! The first one was amazing.

JEDIsney

There are only rumors for a Pirates of the Caribbean revamp with props from the movie, including Johnny Depp and Barbossa. These rumors have been speculated for a while, but it is mainly going on around Disneyland, and not Walt Disney World. There is another thread going on currently about the Pirates of the Caribbean rumors, so make sure you use the search bar next time you want to make a new thread, to make sure that it's not already being talked about somewhere else.

And the sequels to Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl are already known. They've been filming in March and took a short break this August. They are scheduled to go back to filming in September and will be filming until next summer, because they're filming both sequels at the same time. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is due Summer 2006 and Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (working title is World's End) is due out Summer 2007. Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley, Orlando Bloom, and most of the original cast, plus more, have been signed on and are filming.

knightlore

There has been these kind of rumours flying around, certainly on these boards for ages......i loved the film but IMHO i think the ride should be left as original as Walt intended it to be, just keep up date the technology of the ride

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
just as in the other thread this would be a good update
stitchinpotc.jpg

Edeyore

I love a little change every once in a while. I like it when they added
Ellen DeGeneres into the dinosaur scenes at Universe of Energy. A
scene with Jack and Barbossa as skeletons dueling would be great.
Change can be good, good change can be great.

CRO-Magnum

On a recent trip to Disneyland...

I noticed something I had never seen before. In the fort during the battle scene there were two AA figures firing the spanish canon. I am certain these are new additions which bring the scene to life seeing opposition to the pirates. I wish they'd make this simple addition to WDW.

Pioneer Hall

Don't believe anything until you see it. Cast Members don't know any more than the general public does. They find out as soon as Disney releases it to the general public.

Rinxman

DisneyInsider said:
Don't believe anything until you see it. Cast Members don't know any more than the general public does.

Absolutely. We here at the forum know more than the CM's. They really don't know what's going on most of the times. Dead Man's Chest is supposed to be coming out Summer 2006 I think. They are filming both movies together so the release dates shouldn't really be too far apart.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
The Ellen DeGeneres AA was not just a minor change, it changed the whole pavillion. It was still somewhat the same theme but the story changed.

Bonus Points: Where is my avatar from? I'll give you a cookie.

steviej

EmperorMilenko said:
In a recent trip to Walt Disney World (august 19 05 to august 27 05),I was in the Villains In Vogue store in the Mgm Studios heading towards Tower Of Terror. A lady was purchasing a Pirates of the Caribbean item and the lady behind the counter asked her if she knew about the pirates news. the lady who worked at th store said they were adding the Black Pearl into the attack on the fort after the drop and adding Johnny Depp's character into the ride. Even though I love the movie, i think this will ruin the originality of the ride. (p.s.- there are two sequels already signed with orlando bloom,johnny depp,n keihra knightley...the second one is titled the dead mans chest and there is no title for the third as of yet)

I for one am always for change. I think the ride would be delightful with the jack aa. by the way emperor, welcome! :wave:

jeff_in_FL2003

As a former WDW PotC CM, I of course hold a major place in my heart for the Wicked Wench (the ship in the bombardment scene) and I would hate to see her go. But she is in a terrible state if disrepair. Nothing that you notice as a guest, but her structure is made up of a lot of metal which has rusted because of the very high humidity in that room. She's a fragile giant and if she's going to last for another 30 years, something will need to be done to keep her from crumbling apart. Sounds like replacing her with the Black Pearl would be one way of keeping her from falling apart, but I would rather see her restored instead of replaced. I will always be stubborn to accept any huge changes to PotC, my baby!

Pirate Jeff °o°

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom