Pirates Of The Caribbean rennovation

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
DSpear456 said:
I presume for the parade. It looks kinda like a pirates cove complete with beach and treasure chest with a pirate flag on top.

Maybe for MNSSHP? It would be about time that cast rehersals start for the parade....

tirian

I presume for the parade. It looks kinda like a pirates cove complete with beach and treasure chest with a pirate flag on top.

Was it a Spectro float? A few weeks ago, CMs from Spectromagic told me that the Chernabog float was going to be converted into Skull Rock because Disney is tired of fixing the float's mechanisms. I never said anything about this conversation because I didn't want to spread empty rumors. But if you saw a new Pirates float...

DSpear456

I cant say it was going to be used for spectro as it was fully painted and it missed that one detail of having thousands of lights all over it.

tazhughes

While on the ride last week, I noticed that just before you enter the attack on the fort scene that the audio of Barbosa played in the ride (No fear of evil curses says....). I tried the next time to hear it again but we came through at a different part of the audio. I would think that this bodes well for an addition of some parts of the movie into the ride.

dandaman

warlord said:
just as in the other thread this would be a good update
stitchinpotc.jpg

:lol:

Biff215

tazhughes said:
While on the ride last week, I noticed that just before you enter the attack on the fort scene that the audio of Barbosa played in the ride (No fear of evil curses says....). I tried the next time to hear it again but we came through at a different part of the audio. I would think that this bodes well for an addition of some parts of the movie into the ride.

If I remember correctly I believe we discussed this audio before and most agreed that it was there long before the movie.

Shrike

Biff215 said:
If I remember correctly I believe we discussed this audio before and most agreed that it was there long before the movie.

Correct. That bit was written by Disney legends X. Atencio and voiced by Paul Frees.

yensidtlaw1969

I fell like being off-beat. I'm going to bring back this thread for th sole purpose of saying that the attraction could use a re-vamp (doesn't need, but could use) and they can touch just abaout anything in it as long as the beautiful echo of Dead Men Tell No Tales is there in it's current form or a newly recorded version that is identical. The line is not enough - it NEEDS the ECHO!!! That has made/makes/will always make the attraction for me. If I only had an audio recording . . .

Yensid "pm-me-if-you-want-to-know-why-dead-men-tell-no-tales" tlaw1969

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
yensidtlaw1969 said:
I fell like being off-beat. I'm going to bring back this thread for th sole purpose of saying that the attraction could use a re-vamp (doesn't need, but could use) and they can touch just abaout anything in it as long as the beautiful echo of Dead Men Tell No Tales is there in it's current form or a newly recorded version that is identical. The line is not enough - it NEEDS the ECHO!!! That has made/makes/will always make the attraction for me. If I only had an audio recording . . .

Yensid "pm-me-if-you-want-to-know-why-dead-men-tell-no-tales" tlaw1969

I figured they would be breaking up the show if they took the echo out, since we are supposed to be in a cave at the time.

TP2000

CRO-Magnum said:
I noticed something I had never seen before [At Disneyland]. In the fort during the battle scene there were two AA figures firing the spanish canon. I am certain these are new additions which bring the scene to life seeing opposition to the pirates. I wish they'd make this simple addition to WDW.

Those figures were added to the Disneyland ride around 1999 or 2000. I agree, it really makes a nice addition to see there are actual Spanish soldiers firing the Fort's cannons, rather than just faceless voices.

Chape19714

I know this topic has been mentioned before, but here's my $0.02 that wasn't mentioned. Disney has a very big success on thier hands at the moment. When you have something that's good, and that lots of people enjoy, go with it. It would definately do them well to look into this. I understand the ride is a classic, but they also added Jack Skelington to the HM at DL, and because it is great, nobody complains. Even though it is returned after Christmas, it's the same situation. Disney put a new hit into an old classic. Besides, this may give PotC the rehab. it needs. The Cannon fire at DL is much more convincing than the WDW version, just to name one thing. I know we will always have the "cliff notes" of DL's Pirates, but at least the parts of DL we do have will be the same (meaning amazing)!

GrimGhost

General Grizz said:
Float...for what?

The HM needs a MAJOR rehab - much more than Pirates. Pirates still looks nice... HM is constantly falling apart.
It is for MNSSHP. They replaced the Hercules float with the Pirate float this year. I saw a picture of it on another board. It looks pretty cool.

Astronaut Jones

I'm kinda rooting against this rehab, the ride in its entirety would not only make my top 5, but never ceases to remind me of being a little kid. They would probably do a good job and I will be eating my words when it's finished, but it still makes me nervous. Also, this is still completely rumor right? If POTC is going to be shutdown for rehab I'd like to know about it and see if I can schedule dates outside of it for my next trip.

CRO-Magnum said:
I noticed something I had never seen before. In the fort during the battle scene there were two AA figures firing the spanish canon. I am certain these are new additions which bring the scene to life seeing opposition to the pirates. I wish they'd make this simple addition to WDW.
Im pretty sure that all of the new AAs (2 guys at the cannons, a horse at the chase scene, and at the end of the ride the two pirates hauling up their treasure) are from World of motion at EPCOT.when it closed for test track Disney moved them there.

TP2000

MooseImagineer said:
Im pretty sure that all of the new AAs (2 guys at the cannons, a horse at the chase scene, and at the end of the ride the two pirates hauling up their treasure) are from World of motion at EPCOT.when it closed for test track Disney moved them there.

Disneyland added the horse and new animals, the two pirates hauling loot up the lift at the end, and a few other World of Motion AA's during a big rehab they did in the spring of 1997.

The two Spanish soldiers manning the cannons on the fort were added a few years after the first round of World of Motion AA's. The Spanish soldiers are also AA's from World of Motion, but they came along several years later after the big additions from '97, around 2000.

It's interesting that they added a bunch of AA's from an old Epcot ride to a Disneyland ride 3,000 miles away. They could have just trucked them across property to the MK and installed them on that Pirates, but instead they all ended up in California. I would have thought the WDW execs would have claimed those AA's as their "own" and added them to Florida rides.

yensidtlaw1969

TP2000 said:
I would have thought the WDW execs would have claimed those AA's as their "own" and added them to Florida rides.
Maybe the Florida execs are stupid.

:D .

Yensid "Must-go-to-Disneyland-again-to-see-World-Of-Motion-Animatronics" tlaw1969

bluefaery

JEDIsney said:
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is due Summer 2006

I saw a poster this past weekend when I saw The Corpse Bride that said July 7th, 2006 for Dead Mans' Chest

Shooting stopped June 10 so Verbinski (the Director) can do some post-production work; lensing will resume in mid-August

DisneyFreak529

I saw that movie poster to, looks good. I loved POTC ride & I loved the movie. I think it needs a little change.

I'm always up for change as long as they don't put a AA of Johnny Depp in there. Don't get me wrong I love Johnny Depp with all my heart, I'm a big fan. I just think it would mess up the ride a little. So I'm glad to hear that the Johnny rumers have ended.

JimboJones123

if you go on to Aintitcool.com (may be a bit vulgar) and search for davey jones they have an artist sketch of the new "bad guy" looks pretty sweet....

MeTa

I think its awesome that they are updating it, it doenst sound like it is a complete overhaul so it should still keep the nostalgic aspect of the ride with the added update of today for all the younger people

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom