Rumor Pirates Of The Caribbean "Refurbishment"

What Do You Think Of This Possible Re-Imagining

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GimpYancIent

It puts the entire ride back on Jack Sparrow as the main focus with him appearing in the very last scene. The barrel scene could just as well be another pirate hiding if you haven't seen the movie. So it makes for an "easter egg".
Why not totally throw a curve and have Redd in the last scene exposing a little leg (ankle will do for PG rating) and inviting the guests to come back?

Pepper's Ghost

Why not totally throw a curve and have Redd in the last scene exposing a little leg (ankle will do for PG rating) and inviting the guests to come back?
🤣 This should get about half this community going...
Eating popcorn.gif

Brer Panther

Y'know, I'm still not comfortable with removing Jack entirely. I think that's mainly because Johnny Depp has suffered enough already, if they remove him from the ride it almost seems like they're trying to remove any trace of Johnny Depp as a result of the Amber Heard fiasco.

GimpYancIent

I understand Margot Robbie is cast to be the lead character in the next Pirates Of The Caribbean movie. Once the trailers come out a transition from Depp to a more easy on the eyes Robbie would not hurt.

Stupido

I understand Margot Robbie is cast to be the lead character in the next Pirates Of The Caribbean movie. Once the trailers come out a transition from Depp to a more easy on the eyes Robbie would not hurt.
I'm a big Margot Robbie fan, but I think removing Depp in favor for her would be a big mistake. Especially with all of the heat they're getting for Princess and the Flume, I don't think Magic Kingdom needs to be taking away any more male protagonists to replace them with a female version. I'm all in favor of them taking Depp out all together though!

_caleb

The original ride was a mish-mash of scenes with no coherent story.

Adding Jack only made it *more* incomprehensible.

Remove Jack.
But don’t you see? The Pirates are looking for Jack, but they can’t find him. (Hint: if you know where to look, you can see that ol’ Jack is right there in the scene, cleverly hiding in the unlikeliest of places!) It’s fun because people like seeing multiple instances of Jack strewn about the ride, and it makes sense for the story because a pirate hiding from other pirates is hilarious!

Maybe I’ll make a ridethough video explaining it for everyone. (Most people don’t know this, but sometimes they replace the Jack Sparrow Audio Animatronics with the actual actor who played Jack in the blockbuster films!)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm a big Margot Robbie fan, but I think removing Depp in favor for her would be a big mistake. Especially with all of the heat they're getting for Princess and the Flume, I don't think Magic Kingdom needs to be taking away any more male protagonists to replace them with a female version. I'm all in favor of them taking Depp out all together though!

MK Rides with a Male Protagonist:
  1. PotC
  2. Riverboat (Twain)
  3. Splash Mt.
  4. Buzz
  5. Haunted Mansion
  6. Peter Pan
  7. Winnie
  8. Carousel of... Progress? (Man o' man!)
  9. Barnstormer
  10. 7DMT
  11. BTMR
  12. TRON
  13. Prince Charming Carousel
  14. Dumbo
  15. Aladdin
  16. Stitch (RIP)

MK Rides with a Female Protagonist:
  1. The Little Mermaid
  2. Teacups

And, yes, there's tons of princesses, but there's tons of Fab 5/6 that's mostly male, and the men get most of the exposure.

Magenta Panther

Princess and the Flume, LOL!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Maybe they don't need to bring in anyone from the movies and then everyone can be happy.
I think, could be wrong, this ride was popular even before the Johnny Depp movies... 🤔 😀

I think it depends on which book you’re reading. If it’s an older book, you’re correct. If it’s an Iger/Chapek era book, you’re wrong, nothing was popular before it had movie IP attached to it.

(Yes, I remember the bad Eisner-era HM and ToT movies. It’s a joke, people! 😉)

Creathir

MK Rides with a Male Protagonist:
  1. PotC
  2. Riverboat (Twain)
  3. Splash Mt.
  4. Buzz
  5. Haunted Mansion
  6. Peter Pan
  7. Winnie
  8. Carousel of... Progress? (Man o' man!)
  9. Barnstormer
  10. 7DMT
  11. BTMR
  12. TRON
  13. Prince Charming Carousel
  14. Dumbo
  15. Aladdin
  16. Stitch (RIP)

MK Rides with a Female Protagonist:
  1. The Little Mermaid
  2. Teacups

And, yes, there's tons of princesses, but there's tons of Fab 5/6 that's mostly male, and the men get most of the exposure.

2. In what way?
5. The ghost bride to me is the main character in the story?
10. Snow White?
11. Who is the protagonist? (Maybe I missed it?)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So narrators are protagonists now?

Many of these are really a stretch IMO...
My apologies for using "protagonists" which can be defined so narrowly rather than expansively in the manner I intended. It was so incredibly stupid of me for using that word.

I should have used "primary or front-facing character."

Now, that such a horrible misuse of language on my part has been rectified, I'm sure many will now be able to see clearly without distraction the terrible disparity in the length of the two lists.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom