Rumor Pirates Of The Caribbean "Refurbishment"

What Do You Think Of This Possible Re-Imagining

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

doctornick

Heck, refurb it into the SDL version.

(thar's yer powderkeg, me hearties)

my dream: remove all Jack and other movie elements and return POTC to as close to the original as possible. Then build the Shanghai ride in DHS. Two very different experiences in different parks and you can appeal to both movie lovers and classic fans.

Plus DHS really could use a high capacity water ride. Create an area with that and an Indiana Jones ride and you’d bring that park much closer to what it needs for ride capacity

owlsandcoffee

my dream: remove all Jack and other movie elements and return POTC to as close to the original as possible. Then build the Shanghai ride in DHS. Two very different experiences in different parks and you can appeal to both movie lovers and classic fans.

Plus DHS really could use a high capacity water ride. Create an area with that and an Indiana Jones ride and you’d bring that park much closer to what it needs for ride capacity

I think that the DHS version could be a similar ride system with a different theme, maybe it could BE the Indiana Jones ride. Have one in a temple (DL), and one in a grotto (DHS) idk.

doctornick

I think that the DHS version could be a similar ride system with a different theme, maybe it could BE the Indiana Jones ride. Have one in a temple (DL), and one in a grotto (DHS) idk.
It could be but I’m suggesting a way to have both classic POTC and movie/Jack POTC coexist in one resort without messing each other up. The two rides are different enough - especially in different parks - to both exist and compliment each other

Brer Panther

I've said this before... how about keeping Jack in the ride, just reverting the dialogue back to the way it was before? Instead of having the pirates looking for Jack and the treasure, they're just looking for the treasure - but Jack's there, too, and he's ALSO looking for the treasure, so he's sneaking around trying to find it while the pirates are running amok through the town? That seems like a nice compromise.

corran horn

It could be but I’m suggesting a way to have both classic POTC and movie/Jack POTC coexist in one resort without messing each other up. The two rides are different enough - especially in different parks - to both exist and compliment each other

HKDL Haunted Mansion then also please and thank you.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

I've said this before... how about keeping Jack in the ride, just reverting the dialogue back to the way it was before? Instead of having the pirates looking for Jack and the treasure, they're just looking for the treasure - but Jack's there, too, and he's ALSO looking for the treasure, so he's sneaking around trying to find it while the pirates are running amok through the town? That seems like a nice compromise.
That's fine enough for the.. first Jack.

For the second Jack they're never going back to the original dialogue and even if they did it wouldn't make any sense with JS.

Third Jack Sparrow completely misses the point of the morality play that POTC is supposed to be (Especially in the DL version) and in WDW removed the great Treasure Room scene that was exclusive to WDW just for one Sparrow animatronic.

Basil of Baker Street

To me, Pirates could be a Bond or Batman type franchise with no particular lead. Male or female, with the right scripts, the series could go on for many years. Pirate tales are so intriguing and alluring they have captivated audiences for centuries.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
my dream: remove all Jack and ... build the Shanghai ride ...

I'm gonna tell him.gif

MotherOfBirds

HKDL Haunted Mansion then also please and thank you.
There was once a thought that MM could be built in WDW, though I can't recall if that was actually ever considered or just armchairing. We were all so hyped about that now-shelved AL expansion that it might have made some of us delirious. Personally, I think it's unique enough to find a place at the resort without feeling redundant.

As for POTC, I've always been convinced that the runtime of our version was its original sin. Endless overlays and tie-ins can't fix that. But I don't expect that an actual expansion of the ride is any more likely than us getting that WRE.

Bocabear

WDW version has always felt like a "Cliff notes" version of the attraction...an expansion of the actual ride and show buildings would be amazing, but like you said, highly unlikely...

owlsandcoffee

WDW version has always felt like a "Cliff notes" version of the attraction...an expansion of the actual ride and show buildings would be amazing, but like you said, highly unlikely...

It really IS a cliff notes version. Marc Davis was basically tasked with "remake the ride to be half as long" and the result was impressive given the task but basically restructured it into a straight-forward treasure hunt.

Ellen Ripley

Like many others, I'd like for them to remove all the Jack Sparrow figures, restore all the dialogue (except for the auction scene), restore the treasure room, and restore the original music as it existed before the movie stuff.

Also this is a very astute article about the Florida pirates, by one of my favorite bloggers and now theme park theory authors.

Fable McCloud

I'll say it. I love the first PoTC movie, HOWEVER, there was no need to add to the ride. The only thing I liked that was added that came from the movies is the music during the fort attack. The score from Curse of the Black Pearl is phenomenal and as far as I'm concerned, the best part of the movie.

That said, I'd love it if they restored the original ride and dialogue, just spruce up the animatronics. I miss hearing Paul Frees.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
They could open up a "Cap'n Jack's Black Pearl Ale House," with Jack as the retired pirate running the place, and fill the walls, windows, and ceiling with animatronic delights, movie props and special effects just like they did in Trader Sam's...

Bocabear

They could open up a "Cap'n Jack's Black Pearl Ale House," with Jack as the retired pirate running the place, and fill the walls, windows, and ceiling with animatronic delights, movie props and special effects just like they did in Trader Sam's...
That is actually not a bad idea.... If it was immersive and imaginative, MANY would be happy to shell out cash to enjoy the ambience and take a break...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom