Rumor Pirates Of The Caribbean "Refurbishment"

What Do You Think Of This Possible Re-Imagining

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Retheming Pirates...how do I feel...hmm.
20200511_090546.jpg

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Wait So THEIR Adding Joe Biden To The Pirates Of The Caribbean And Moving Jack Sparrow And Redd To The Hall Of Presidents??
If they redo Presidents, and retheme Splash and Pirates at the same time, that's the main E from Liberty, Frontierland and Adventureland.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
We can only hope that they introduce some honesty into the scenes. Citizens did resist pirate attacks, but they didn't run away from brooms. Pirates also didn't have a fetish for chickens. Usually, it was a short, brutal career concluded by death.

Goofyernmost

Couple things to think about... The Pirate is Jack Sparrow. Sparrow is a character in a movie. What is depicted in the ride is Jack Sparrow not Johnny Depp. The original movie is still loved as much now as it was back then. Adding that character to the ride hurt nothing, in fact it gave it a back story. Making pirates swell guys with high morals not capable of buying brides is the fantasy here and the one thing I object to being changed. It didn't do anything for the ride and it just distorted the original depiction of pirates as evil, cruel and lawless individuals. I know of no one of any age that left that ride determined to buy their own red head. At least not for the purpose of cooking and cleaning.😮

As far as the rumor goes... what a crock! Disney hates spending money on useful changes so they aren't about to do it for no indication of a possible return on investment.

Goofyernmost

We can only hope that they introduce some honesty into the scenes. Citizens did resist pirate attacks, but they didn't run away from brooms. Pirates also didn't have a fetish for chickens. Usually, it was a short, brutal career concluded by death.
That would be an uplifting fun ride wouldn't it. Violence and death with an added touch of humor.

RSoxNo1

If they redo Presidents, and retheme Splash and Pirates at the same time, that's the main E from Liberty, Frontierland and Adventureland.
A few things. First off, you're reading way too much into a joke post. Second off, Hall of Presidents is not the E-ticket from Liberty Square, Haunted Mansion is.

Dismissing the Pirates "rumor" because it seems to be patently untrue, the timing of all of this would be layered anyways. Biden going to the Hall of Presidents will take place in 2021. Disney hasn't announced it, but that's the precedent. In 2016 they closed HoP around inauguration day and re-opened it in late December. I'd have to look it up, but I believe the 2008 turnaround was quicker.

Splash Mountain's refurb isn't likely to begin until late 2022 / early 2023.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
A few things. First off, you're reading way too much into a joke post. Second off, Hall of Presidents is not the E-ticket from Liberty Square, Haunted Mansion is.

Dismissing the Pirates "rumor" because it seems to be patently untrue, the timing of all of this would be layered anyways. Biden going to the Hall of Presidents will take place in 2021. Disney hasn't announced it, but that's the precedent. In 2016 they closed HoP around inauguration day and re-opened it in late December. I'd have to look it up, but I believe the 2008 turnaround was quicker.

Splash Mountain's refurb isn't likely to begin until late 2022 / early 2023.
Got it. I was on a 15 min break at work and was just skimming. Also forgot about Haunted Mansion for a minute

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
You want realistic pirates in a theme park ride?

I want entertainment, not social commentary. Do you want to recon all of Disney to remove all villains? Or are people who tread morally grey areas more appropriate? I don't think Nietzscheland would draw many visitors, but Disney is heading that direction.

Animaniac93-98

There's no way Disney would go to the trouble of bringing back all the figures and props that used to be in the Treasure Room.

If you go back and watch video of what it used to look like, the current scene looks very empty in comparison.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom