Rumor Pirates Of The Caribbean "Refurbishment"

What Do You Think Of This Possible Re-Imagining

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoeCamel

Nah i meant it has to go through a vetting process before its put into the world. I really dont mean to be grumpy but we are always getting "new posters" that post a ton of posts then disappear.
I think the premium membership fee would equal a Platinum pass if they had to vett all the posts before they were made. What a headache and how to sit in judgement? Crowd sourcing works better and is democratic. Sink or swim on the merits.

ppete1975

I think the premium membership fee would equal a Platinum pass if they had to vett all the posts before they were made. What a headache and how to sit in judgement? Crowd sourcing works better and is democratic. Sink or swim on the merits.
True, i was just comparing it to several other forums and facebook groups where your first 5-10 have to go through a vetting process. Cuts down on alot of posts as people know they wont get through as easily. Then again i dont expect mom to spend that kind of time on it either.

SJN1279

I actually want with some ongoing controversies with Depp, if there would be some motivation to remove Jack (and maybe all the related movie elements) and go back to a non movie related version of the ride.

(Of course, I don’t see the non-PC elements returning, even with them being innocuous)
If they remove Sparrow from the ride, I promise to never ride again.

SJW Disney is out of control.

The movie is what put Pirates back on the map, how quickly they forget.

SJN1279

Updated Timeline.
Early 2021- Remove Depp And Replace Him With Generic Pirate
Late 2021 - Make Red The New Pirate
Late 2022 - Retheme It As Female Pirates For The New Film
Problem is, female Pirates will definitely bomb. Just like every other live action Pirate movie ever created sans ones starring Jack Sparrow.

Sharon&Susan

If they remove Sparrow from the ride, I promise to never ride again.

SJW Disney is out of control.
1608070954741.png
1608070975316.png

Ironic.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My fingers refused to cooperate when trying to capitalize the first letter of every word. More power to you OP.
Compose Whatever You Want To Say In Word. Then In The Font Tab, Chose ‘Change Case’ And Then Select ‘Capitalize Each Word’ (Sometimes Called ‘Title Case’).
Then, Copy The Paragraph And Chose ‘Toggle Case’ For Even More Fun!

cOMPOSE wHATEVER yOU wANT tO sAY iN wORD. tHEN iN tHE fONT tAB, cHOSE ‘cHANGE cASE’ aND tHEN sELECT ‘cAPITALIZE eACH wORD’ (sOMETIMES cALLED ‘tITLE cASE’). tHEN, cOPY tHE pARAGRAPH aND cHOSE ‘tOGGLE cASE’ fOR eVEN mORE fUN!

RSoxNo1

Compose Whatever You Want To Say In Word. Then In The Font Tab, Chose ‘Change Case’ And Then Select ‘Capitalize Each Word’ (Sometimes Called ‘Title Case’).
Then, Copy The Paragraph And Chose ‘Toggle Case’ For Even More Fun!

cOMPOSE wHATEVER yOU wANT tO sAY iN wORD. tHEN iN tHE fONT tAB, cHOSE ‘cHANGE cASE’ aND tHEN sELECT ‘cAPITALIZE eACH wORD’ (sOMETIMES cALLED ‘tITLE cASE’). tHEN, cOPY tHE pARAGRAPH aND cHOSE ‘tOGGLE cASE’ fOR eVEN mORE fUN!
I'll be sure to remember that for the next time an 8 year old starts posting rumors on this forum.

Magenta Panther

I still think that Jack Sparrow should play a role in the new Red movie - but as a young boy, as her apprentice, to whom she teaches the art of piracy. That way we still get the Sparrow character, minus Depp's baggage. After all, Disney, not Depp, owns that character. It seems a shame to completely discard it just because Depp is, well, a bit of an idiot.

And maybe, just maybe, a new adult actor could play Sparrow in some future Pirates movie. Why not? It could be interesting to see what another actor could bring to the role...

999th Happy Haunt

“Ok so we’ll take the old current ride, make it the old ride. Then after a year we’ll take the old current old ride then make it into the new old current ride.”

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Pirates 4 grossed over a billion worldwide, and was a success.

Pirates 5 grossed nearly 800 million. Still respectable for sure.

Rotten Tomatoes is a joke, and critics have been against Depp movies for a while.

As a rule of thumb, the cost of a movie is it's known production budget plus another 50% for marketing and studio administration.

Then when it comes to the box office (ticket sales), the income is split pretty evenly between the studio and the theaters.

PotC4 cost a whopping and unprecedented $411M to make. So, the true cost is near $600M. The B.O. was $1,046M, which means the studio got only about $500M, for a net loss of close to $100M.

PotC5 cost $280M to make. So, true cost of about $420M. The B.O. dropped to $794. The studio got only half of that leading to a net loss of about $20M.

As far as critics being against Depp movies... They liked the first one. And as far as not liking anything he's done in the past dozen years... the audience isn't far behind with only lukewarm ratings.

But you go along and rewatch Mordecai and Dark Shadows since you're such a big fan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom