News Pirates of the Caribbean closing for refurbishment in February for new auction scene

eliza61nyc

Who exactly is whining about the good ole days? It is ok that "not to bad" gets you excited. But there is no need to make untrue claims to defend your acceptance of mediocrity.
:joyfull::joyfull:
what are you talking about?? who said it was mediocre? was there a memo saying you are the judge of quality on rides? I'm not defending anything. It's a amusement park ride, get a grip
buhbye

Last edited:

Monorail_Red_77

One scene restored, one reimagined.

i.php

i.php

Here's a screen capture of new beach scene from today 3/19. Taken from another youtube video that shows todays full ride through.
2018-03-19 - MK - PIRATES NEW BEACH.png

Dapper Dan

They are auctioning chickens, which are women, but now it's even more offensive because I don't know if those chickens were raised in cages or free range. I'm vegan so the idea that these pirates are selling these innocent birds presumably to eat them is morally repugnant to me. The redhead (who looks a lot more like a brunette to me) is the most offensive of the bunch. Disney should be ashamed of themselves for using the attraction's only strong female character to endorse alcoholism! Don't they know that this is a ride for children?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Here is a better angle of the beach scene.

New as of 3/19
View attachment 271048

Old scene
View attachment 271049

See, now that was a decent way to make a change to a ride. Small, unobtrusive, and somewhat fitting with the rest of the scene. I never had a problem with the addition of the mermaid skeleton to a scene with other skeletons. We knew it was a movie tie-in, but it small and it wasn't hitting you over the head with that fact, like changing half the ride to include Jack Sparrow was.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Was ready to be offended by the new scene and am now just confused...That's just bad. Tell me again why the Pirates care about buying items they just stole?

Its so awful...They are buying chicken and rum? THEY ARE PIRATES!!!

Well, the pirates used to auction off women and rum. Now, they've apparently had a change of philosophy and are auctioning off the ill-gotten pirate booty to the highest bidder, which could include the people whom they've just robbed as well as other pirates and just the general public. Also, the woman who used to be auctioned off for gold (since The Auctioneer isn't spongin' for rum, it be gold he's after) is now trying to keep The Auctioneer on track. They are also now auctioning off chickens and rum. And the chickens tie in with the previous scene, where the wife of the mayor tells him, "Don't be chicken". And Jack Sparrow likes rum.

See? It's all very simple. :mad: :banghead:

Incomudro

Was ready to be offended by the new scene and am now just confused...That's just bad. Tell me again why the Pirates care about buying items they just stole?

Its so awful...They are buying chicken and rum? THEY ARE PIRATES!!!

Political correctness rarely makes sense.
It's about feelings.
If you think about most of this logically, you will only get a headache.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom